+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MARCH 2020 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

pete1431

Apr 28, 2021
if its the same as nz, yea its not clear at all. when they took biometrics they gave me some info, though you'll need to check if its different there.

what you gotta do on the vfs site is go to apply for a visa - choose apply by mail at the top, then expand 1 and 2 and look for the vfs consent form and cvac mail in application form. send those in along with a copy of your passport and 2 photos and the family form in the ppr email
My PPR email had the following info: "This service includes two-way secure shipping and tracking. A passport transmission Service Charge must be paid for each applicant to cover handling and courier costs. Once processing has been completed, visa documents will be returned to the VAC for collection by applicants."

I'd interpreted this that there was a process to initiate a VFS courier service to collect my documents, but I'm starting to think that's incorrect and that I'm just meant to send my documents via post to the closest VAC (Sydney, Australia in my case) and that the courier/handling charges are for something between VFS and IRCC.

For New Zealand did you post directly to your VAC, or was there actually a courier booking and collection involved?

Thanks, appreciate the info!

kieraj

Star Member
Sep 5, 2020
My PPR email had the following info: "This service includes two-way secure shipping and tracking. A passport transmission Service Charge must be paid for each applicant to cover handling and courier costs. Once processing has been completed, visa documents will be returned to the VAC for collection by applicants."

I'd interpreted this that there was a process to initiate a VFS courier service to collect my documents, but I'm starting to think that's incorrect and that I'm just meant to send my documents via post to the closest VAC (Sydney, Australia in my case) and that the courier/handling charges are for something between VFS and IRCC.

For New Zealand did you post directly to your VAC, or was there actually a courier booking and collection involved?

Thanks, appreciate the info!
So we send to VFS and they send it on, the service charge is 70ish - but is waived if you did biometrics and send PPR to the same office
The 2 way courier is between them and the vac i assume - as vfs then charge 20 for courier back to me, but i have to courier it to vfs in the first place

Last edited:

MNtoBC

Aug 9, 2020
if its the same as nz, yea its not clear at all. when they took biometrics they gave me some info, though you'll need to check if its different there.

what you gotta do on the vfs site is go to apply for a visa - choose apply by mail at the top, then expand 1 and 2 and look for the vfs consent form and cvac mail in application form. send those in along with a copy of your passport and 2 photos and the family form in the ppr email
I got a weird email from donotreply@vfsglobal1.com with a tracking number in it that doesn’t work on their website (although it looks like there are multiple VFS Global websites??). I’ve tried emailing and it just kicks back a “thank you for contacting the Pakistan office we can’t help you” message. I’m truly at a loss. This email feels strange and it says my application is Pending but gives no reason why. Has any other US applicant sent their passport information to the New York office (per IRCC instruction) and had to do anything except wait for it to be communicated by IRCC the COPR? Do I have to fill out a consent form? One website for VFS Global also mentions fees you have to pay but IRCC makes no mention of that in the instruction letter.

MNtoBC

Aug 9, 2020
I got a weird email from donotreply@vfsglobal1.com with a tracking number in it that doesn’t work on their website (although it looks like there are multiple VFS Global websites??). I’ve tried emailing and it just kicks back a “thank you for contacting the Pakistan office we can’t help you” message. I’m truly at a loss. This email feels strange and it says my application is Pending but gives no reason why. Has any other US applicant sent their passport information to the New York office (per IRCC instruction) and had to do anything except wait for it to be communicated by IRCC the COPR? Do I have to fill out a consent form? One website for VFS Global also mentions fees you have to pay but IRCC makes no mention of that in the instruction letter.
I was wrong- my letter does say a service fee is applicable. Any US applicants can you tell me what you had to pay? I’m not sure if I have to do one way courier on top of the service and package transmission??

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I was wrong- my letter does say a service fee is applicable. Any US applicants can you tell me what you had to pay? I’m not sure if I have to do one way courier on top of the service and package transmission??
I don't have any specific info - but in different VFS service country, website was awful, out of date, and other problems. But using the VFS online chat function was able to get accurate info. (Mind I did have to do more than once and there were other problems, but the chat function was better than the alternatives)

Dreamer_2019

Star Member
Aug 21, 2019
Hi everyone,
How do you call IRCC and talk to an agent? I always end up with "currently we cannot take your call" or smth like that.
Thank you

jckp

Mar 19, 2021
Hi everyone,
How do you call IRCC and talk to an agent? I always end up with "currently we cannot take your call" or smth like that.
Thank you
When I tried around 3pm I got the same machine message and the call was hung up automatically,
but when I tried around 9 am, the message was different and I got to talk with an agent after 50 minutes waiting.
I'm not sure it depends on time or date tho...

Reactions: Dreamer_2019

saini1987

Oct 11, 2013
India
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
App. Filed.......
25-03-2020
Ndvo is still holding my passport, its 38 days today and they haven't generated counterfoil in gckey yet. Really frustrating now even at the last stage of the application. First waited 8+months last year now i don't know why the fu*k they are holding my passport.

kieraj

Star Member
Sep 5, 2020
Ndvo is still holding my passport, its 38 days today and they haven't generated counterfoil in gckey yet. Really frustrating now even at the last stage of the application. First waited 8+months last year now i don't know why the fu*k they are holding my passport.
arent they shutdown?

All593

Mar 1, 2021
Member of the Federal Parliament of Canada, sometimes they can help to get updates on an application if you haven't heard from IRCC in a long time.
My husband just reached out to a member of parliament last week and they said our application is approved but nothing we can do but wait for a letter from the visa office :/