+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MARCH 2020 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

canadan_

Jan 26, 2020
Whatever works for them. Prior to covid, it was mostly either regional visa office for the applicant OR mississauga office. In general terms, it looked (from the outside) that somewhat 'easier' files went to Miss, but for some countries, always went to field office.

Now - they are mixing things up a lot. Ottawa is new. Some files going to Shanghai/Beijing seemingly because some extra capacity there. Mississauga seems to have had the longest covid delays (presumably lockdown). London office sending files to Warsaw and Vienna, also presumably for capacity/covid reasons.

Also reading between lines more sharing of work between offices perhaps because of more online/digital work.
Weirdly, our app (according to GCMS notes) is ‘physically’ in Beijing but our processing office is London… go figure.

All593

Mar 1, 2021
Whatever works for them. Prior to covid, it was mostly either regional visa office for the applicant OR mississauga office. In general terms, it looked (from the outside) that somewhat 'easier' files went to Miss, but for some countries, always went to field office.

Now - they are mixing things up a lot. Ottawa is new. Some files going to Shanghai/Beijing seemingly because some extra capacity there. Mississauga seems to have had the longest covid delays (presumably lockdown). London office sending files to Warsaw and Vienna, also presumably for capacity/covid reasons.

Also reading between lines more sharing of work between offices perhaps because of more online/digital work.

I've just been over analyzing my application and trying to see whats going on with it. I know everyone is in the same boat and just waiting on PPR. I'm just so sick of waiting like everyone else.

I was finally able to link my application to my GCKey today after months of trying to do it (forgot what town I said I was going to live in, finally guessed it right I guess, even though I'm pretty sure I already tried this town months ago). It doesn't really give me any more information. I

Reactions: nmorji

All593

Mar 1, 2021
Weirdly, our app (according to GCMS notes) is ‘physically’ in Beijing but our processing office is London… go figure.

I always just assumed they chose your visa office based off of where you said you would settle in the application, but I guess that wouldn't make sense.
I live in Chicago, I plan to settle near Toronto, ON, so I just thought my visa office would be Mississauga. Mine is Ottawa

jckp

Mar 19, 2021
I thought IRCC doesn't send our 'physical' file to other VOs, but if GCMS says so...
I assume Beijing VO/Shanghai VO are just helping other VOs' process, so they won't make any decision.

canadan_

Jan 26, 2020
Is their any way I can track request?
Not that I know of, but I think they have to request more time if it’s going to be more than 30 days. I would check your junk folder on your email to be sure it’s not been filtered into there.

desrtwanderer

Mar 10, 2017
my timeline (VO - Ottawa)

Application received - 23 mar 2020
AOR1 - 20 nov 2020
medical request - 20 nov 2020
health appt - 24 nov 2020
sponsor approval - 24 nov 2020
AOR 2 / moved to ottawa - 25 nov 2020
medical submitted to IRCC - 29 nov 2020
medical approved - 30 nov 2020
ECAS in process - 12 dec 2020
decision made - 05 jan 2021
PPR - 28 april 2021
passport sent (VFS Riyadh) - 02 may 2021
passport received with COPR - 08 may 2021

OmarSarfraz

Jul 25, 2014
Hi Everyone, I am a March 2020 applicant for outland sponsorship application and all I have is AOR1. Even sponsor eligibility is not passed. Social assistance check was done as per GCMS notes and nothing was found.

What are my options?