+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MARCH 2020 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

jasdeepkaur55

Jan 26, 2020
Hi guys! I need some help.

I had received my medical request on March 16 but due to some personal family emergencies that I was caught up with.. I did not check my email until April 6. I have now requested to book an appointment but they have not gotten back to me yet with a date. It may go over the 30 days as mentioned in the letter. I am not sure what to do at this point? Can someone help me out? Who can I contact to advise them it will go over the 30 day period?

My file is currently in London, does anyone have the phone number of email for them? Or do I contact the Canada office?

Any help is highly appreciated
Coronavirus - Immigration application - More time to provide documents
The Government of Canada is closely monitoring the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and any impacts on IRCC clients.
If you are missing documents due to COVID-19 (e.g., police certificates, biometrics, passports and medical exams), rest assured that we will not close or refuse any applications in progress.
Additional documents and medical examination
You will automatically have an extra 90 days from the deadline in the request letter to send us the documents. This applies even if the letter indicates that you have 30 or 90 days. We will keep extending the deadline for another 90 days until you can get the documents. You don’t have to contact us to request this extension. Once you are able to, send us the missing documents as soon as possible to avoid further delays.

deepika_bohra

Mar 16, 2016
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Med's Done....
19-12-2020
Passport Req..
19-07-2021
I have received my GMCS notes. What should I be looking for? I read and it doesn't have anything that catches attention or got requirements.

DiiDii

Apr 8, 2019
Toronto Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston VO
App. Filed.......
01-23-2020
AOR Received.
02-06-2020
File Transfer...
23-01-2021
Med's Request
18-09-2020
Med's Done....
23-09-2020
Passport Req..
13-07-2021
I have received my GMCS notes. What should I be looking for? I read and it doesn't have anything that catches attention or got requirements.
Look closer at the officer notes to see if they say anything. Those are at the end.

Also look If they put your application on hold. Or if they have a bring forward date... Follow up I think they call it.

That's about all you will see for now. There is a thread somewhere on here for understanding your notes.

Reactions: deepika_bohra

DiiDii

Apr 8, 2019
Toronto Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston VO
App. Filed.......
01-23-2020
AOR Received.
02-06-2020
File Transfer...
23-01-2021
Med's Request
18-09-2020
Med's Done....
23-09-2020
Passport Req..
13-07-2021
Hi guys! I need some help.

I had received my medical request on March 16 but due to some personal family emergencies that I was caught up with.. I did not check my email until April 6. I have now requested to book an appointment but they have not gotten back to me yet with a date. It may go over the 30 days as mentioned in the letter. I am not sure what to do at this point? Can someone help me out? Who can I contact to advise them it will go over the 30 day period?

My file is currently in London, does anyone have the phone number of email for them? Or do I contact the Canada office?

Any help is highly appreciated
As of April 12 - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/supporting-information-applications-in-progress.html

IRCC will no longer be automatically extending deadlines for submitting the required supporting documentation. However, IRCC will continue to provide deadline extensions to clients who are still unable to provide required documentation due to COVID‑19 disruptions.

MuricaToCanada

Nov 6, 2020
I checked ECAS today after getting DM last week and not getting any emails, never even a pre arrival email.. and saw this line added!
“ entered Canada at Etobicoke IRCC on April 12, 2021 and became a Permanent Resident.”

US Outland applicant living in Canada since January 2020
Application Received: March 19, 2020
AOR, Medical Request, Biometrics Request: December 16, 2020
Sponsor Approval: December 22, 2020
Medical and biometrics done: January 25, 2021
Moved to VO Ottawa: January 08, 2021
Decision Made: April 08, 2021

jckp

Mar 19, 2021
I checked ECAS today after getting DM last week and not getting any emails, never even a pre arrival email.. and saw this line added!
“ entered Canada at Etobicoke IRCC on April 12, 2021 and became a Permanent Resident.”

US Outland applicant living in Canada since January 2020
Application Received: March 19, 2020
AOR, Medical Request, Biometrics Request: December 16, 2020
Sponsor Approval: December 22, 2020
Medical and biometrics done: January 25, 2021
Moved to VO Ottawa: January 08, 2021
Decision Made: April 08, 2021
WOW! Congrats now you're already a permanent resident!
Didn't you get CoPR?

MuricaToCanada

Nov 6, 2020
WOW! Congrats now you're already a permanent resident!
Didn't you get CoPR?
I didn’t get anything. I haven’t received any correspondence since the letter stating my file was going to Ottawa VO back in January. We did use a representative because I really didn’t want to mess anything up and have it delayed or returned, but they never forwarded me anything since the VO letter. So yeah, no COPR or anything. I assume because I’m already in Canada?

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
I didn’t get anything. I haven’t received any correspondence since the letter stating my file was going to Ottawa VO back in January. We did use a representative because I really didn’t want to mess anything up and have it delayed or returned, but they never forwarded me anything since the VO letter. So yeah, no COPR or anything. I assume because I’m already in Canada?
You are a PR now, you will get a COPR but I am not sure if it comes to you direct or thru your rep, you should check with them. Congrats.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I'd check with the rep. If you don't get confirmation from them (they definitiely should have got something), call IRCC.

Dreamer_2019

Star Member
Aug 21, 2019
Hi everyone. Do you know any MP like Ralph Goodale who could send a request to IRCC on the applicant's behalf? I know there are local MPs but there is a 90 days waiting period before next request. Thank you

MuricaToCanada

Nov 6, 2020
I'd check with the rep. If you don't get confirmation from them (they definitiely should have got something), call IRCC.
My lawyers office said they haven’t received anything, it might be an error from CIC? I can’t imagine they’d make an error like that though? But who knows these days.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
My lawyers office said they haven’t received anything, it might be an error from CIC? I can’t imagine they’d make an error like that though? But who knows these days.
Can only suggest as above, call IRCC. It may be delay in just sending the email with copr but whatever the case, you need the copr to show you are now a PR. You should also inquire if you need to do anything to get PR card (eg do they need photos or anything else), I understand that is taking 3-4 months.

pat40

Jan 21, 2020
You already became PR. Email to Etobicoke IRCC office on -CIC-Etobicoke-Landings@cic.gc.ca and tell thrm you have became PR from your office but not have received CoPR email. They will email your CoPR. I have seen this problem from etobicoke office for PNP applicant as well. They email them and office sent CoPR again to their email.

Reactions: jckp and armoured