+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MARCH 2020 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

rrss13

Mar 24, 2020
It seems Ottawa is the only visa office that doesn’t send passport request within days of receiving decision made. Ridiculous and infuriating.

• Sad
Reactions: vruank

vruank

Star Member
Jul 3, 2020
It seems Ottawa is the only visa office that doesn’t send passport request within days of receiving decision made. Ridiculous and infuriating.
I'm hoping it'll come soon. But realistically it may not come before March 31st

rrss13

Mar 24, 2020
I'm hoping it'll come soon. But realistically it may not come before March 31st
Unfortunately thats what I think as well now. Someone on the forum mentioned earlier that they may be doing quarterly passport requests and I didn’t believe it. Still don’t understand why they would do that though.

• Sad

cp115

Mar 8, 2021
Unfortunately thats what I think as well now. Someone on the forum mentioned earlier that they may be doing quarterly passport requests and I didn’t believe it. Still don’t understand why they would do that though.
Have you tried to contact them or submitted any webform to inquire about it?

walter_white

Aug 30, 2019
Yes, I called them Friday. They said “when the visa office is ready they will send instructions”
Timelines are widely varying. Mine was forwarded to Ottawa office on Dec 23, aor2 on Feb 23 and nothing afterwards. It is indeed frustrating but nothing much we can do. I live in Ottawa and knowing the casual attitude of people here, not much of a surprise either.

devmtl

Aug 25, 2017
Outland application (India)
Application received March 13
AOR October 7
SA October 27
Medical Request November 13
Medical Done December 3
Medical passed December 5
Biometrics - Done earlier (rejected visit visa)
CSQ applied October 27
CSQ received March 3
DM ghost update March 5
Which VO is processing your application?

rrss13

Mar 24, 2020
Timelines are widely varying. Mine was forwarded to Ottawa office on Dec 23, aor2 on Feb 23 and nothing afterwards. It is indeed frustrating but nothing much we can do. I live in Ottawa and knowing the casual attitude of people here, not much of a surprise either.
Yes I understand we can’t do anything however, receiving decision made in early January and not receiving passport request 2 months later isn't something I have seen before.
I hope you receive pre arrival and decision made soon!

Tacolme

Oct 31, 2020
I received decision made in December 17 and no updates from Ottawa VO since. I’ve talked to my MP, and called IRCC twice. All say the application received preliminary approval, but VO has to send confirmation letter so wait. They aren’t following any timelines, or sending PPR at end of month as some people had suspected. Saying it’ll come on March 31st is just a guessing game. They’ll send it when they feel like it, it seems.

kieraj

Star Member
Sep 5, 2020
you can see in the spreadsheet that just about everyone with green in their row and at the Ottawa VO got their PPR on 2020-12-31... and no one else since

maybe there is something to this quarterly thing, which is weird cause realistically its just going to be a preformated letter telling you what to do next... nothing majorly unique that even a simple mail merge couldn't handle :rolleyes:

Reactions: rrss13

rrss13

Mar 24, 2020
I received decision made in December 17 and no updates from Ottawa VO since. I’ve talked to my MP, and called IRCC twice. All say the application received preliminary approval, but VO has to send confirmation letter so wait. They aren’t following any timelines, or sending PPR at end of month as some people had suspected. Saying it’ll come on March 31st is just a guessing game. They’ll send it when they feel like it, it seems.
Have you ordered gcms notes? Also, where is PA from?

cp115

Mar 8, 2021
you can see in the spreadsheet that just about everyone with green in their row and at the Ottawa VO got their PPR on 2020-12-31... and no one else since

maybe there is something to this quarterly thing, which is weird cause realistically its just going to be a preformated letter telling you what to do next... nothing majorly unique that even a simple mail merge couldn't handle :rolleyes:
Can you please share spreadsheet url?