+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MARCH 2020 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

rrss13

Mar 24, 2020
it’s important to let them now if i changed my job? i already received the eligibility as a sponsor. and my wife’s file at the visa office
No not necessary.
You must notify IRCC of any changes to your application. Examples of changes include:
 Changes in your personal circumstances, such as birth or adoption of a child, death of a family member, a marriage or a divorce;
 Change of contact information (e-mail, mailing address, telephone number);
 Appointment or change of immigration representative or designated individual;
 Decision to withdraw your application.

Reactions: Aya Alhosni

Aya Alhosni

Star Member
Oct 7, 2020
No not necessary.
You must notify IRCC of any changes to your application. Examples of changes include:
 Changes in your personal circumstances, such as birth or adoption of a child, death of a family member, a marriage or a divorce;
 Change of contact information (e-mail, mailing address, telephone number);
 Appointment or change of immigration representative or designated individual;
 Decision to withdraw your application.
thank you

hssaini29

Sep 19, 2020
You are a PR or citizen, resident in Canada? If so, no letter of authorization required as it stands right now. Spouses joining PRs/citizens are 'deemed essential.' Arriving passenger will still need covid test and isolation plan on arrival.

Important: new rules are expected any day about isolation/quarantine. Possibly requiring booking and prepaying isolaition facilities (approved facilities only).

But the key is no-one knows right now what the rules will be or how this will work - expect confusion about how the rules will be applied (and what exemptions there may be). Strongly suggest remaining in touch with airline to understand what they will require.
Yes I am a PR. Thanks for the clarification.

Nash1905

Star Member
Sep 12, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Delhi
Hi All,

I don't see the progress bar in my application, is it normal. Last when I check it was around 90% and hardly a month left from the application received date.
Is it like this for all?

Thanks and all the best guys

Reactions: J@$vir kaur

Boviesam

Jun 21, 2015
AOR Received.
06-05-2017
Hi all,
I am a PR, applied for my wife's sponsorship, got approved and received her passport back on Jan 27th, booked her a flight for Feb 20th. All i want to confirm is does my wife need any other document other than the ones stated below?
- Negative PCR test report
- Passport with stamp
- COPR
- Arrive Can receipt sheet
- Photocopy of marriage certificate, photocopy my PR card, etc. to prove that she is indeed my wife
- She is my immediate family member so I know she won't need any Authorization letter from IRCC

Is there anything that I am missing? Please add if so.

Thanks all in advance

MNtoBC

Aug 9, 2020
May I know after file moved to Ottawa... What is the next email I will be getting?
I think the passport request and then pre-arrival letter. Our file was moved to Ottawa early January and we have not heard anything back yet (medical and biometrics already done).

Dhillon20

Nov 20, 2020
I think the passport request and then pre-arrival letter. Our file was moved to Ottawa early January and we have not heard anything back yet (medical and biometrics already done).
Our file moved to Ottawa on Dec 12 after that haven't heard anything!!

MNtoBC

Aug 9, 2020
Our file moved to Ottawa on Dec 12 after that haven't heard anything!!
Based on other forum posts it seems like Ottawa hasn’t issued any PPRs since December. No idea why. Would really like to get the process completed since we are so close to the end.

Reactions: rrss13

rrss13

Mar 24, 2020
Based on other forum posts it seems like Ottawa hasn’t issued any PPRs since December. No idea why. Would really like to get the process completed since we are so close to the end.
Perfectly put. Have had decision made since January 8 and no passport request yet. Just want this to end, it’s been a hard year.

aceinthedeck

Star Member
Jul 27, 2017
Toronto
Ontario is under stay at home order since January last week or so. So probably that's the reason. They are reopening it now so probably they might issue after the order is lifted.

rrss13

Mar 24, 2020
Ontario is under stay at home order since January last week or so. So probably that's the reason. They are reopening it now so probably they might issue after the order is lifted.
But why does that matter? They have been issuing decision made, pre arrival letters, etc. They are working from home so I don’t think the stay home orders matter?