+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MARCH 2020 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

Alwx

Star Member
Jun 11, 2020
We should pay, as tax payers and to follow the Candian system and standards they set. Rules are rules.
Pay as tax payers ? You don't realize how funny you are. I hope that was a joke, if not ,you are not very smart.

dw33

Champion Member
Dec 28, 2020
I love the names and judements on here. You calling someone not smart. Im quite sure my education level far exceeds yours.Furthermore if and when you do get to Canada yes tax payers. Follow the rules. Dont like it dont enter.

Alwx

Star Member
Jun 11, 2020
I don't care about your education. Even if it's far higher than mine. I graduated with honors, but this is irrelevant. Education is not a good indicator of how smart or wise someone is. What you've been saying is stupid. Yes, we are tax payers, and that means sometimes government has to pay for us. There's a reason we pay taxes.

Reactions: Paul09 and Gor1989

Boviesam

Jun 21, 2015
AOR Received.
06-05-2017
If this law comes into force middle class canadians will postpone their trips and will save some money. Wealthy canadians will travel anyways, because it is not much of deterrent to them.Most immigrants cannot enter Canada now, so not applicable to them...It is family reuniting who will be affected the most by this.
My wife's flight was booked for Feb 20 before the announcement was made. Hope it takes them 2 more weeks before these new restrictions come into effect. She is good with giving another covid test post arrival but $2000 3day hotel stay? No no....let's see how it goes.
What do you guys think, will it be in effect in the coming two weeks?

hssaini29

Sep 19, 2020
Guys, My wife's PR came in and we have received her COPR along with the VISA stamped on her passport from VFS office. I booked her flight for 12th February. But we have not received the letter of authorization to travel. Do we exclusively have to get the letter of authorization to travel from IRCC? If not, Will she be allowed to travel still?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Guys, My wife's PR came in and we have received her COPR along with the VISA stamped on her passport from VFS office. I booked her flight for 12th February. But we have not received the letter of authorization to travel. Do we exclusively have to get the letter of authorization to travel from IRCC? If not, Will she be allowed to travel still?
You are a PR or citizen, resident in Canada? If so, no letter of authorization required as it stands right now. Spouses joining PRs/citizens are 'deemed essential.' Arriving passenger will still need covid test and isolation plan on arrival.

Important: new rules are expected any day about isolation/quarantine. Possibly requiring booking and prepaying isolaition facilities (approved facilities only).

But the key is no-one knows right now what the rules will be or how this will work - expect confusion about how the rules will be applied (and what exemptions there may be). Strongly suggest remaining in touch with airline to understand what they will require.

sukhoi2050

Mar 7, 2020
Ottawa not sending out passport requests continuously is driving me nuts :(
Has anyone tried sending a webform to IRCC asking about why CPC- ottawa are sleeping ? I read that they are only working on applications that are exempt from travel which is no one. That could be why no one is getting any new updates. Well, except for students because they are special ($$$$$), their applications are being processed new and old ones.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-status.html

It says on this page, " We’re prioritizing applications from people who are exempt from travel restrictions. "

BnI

Star Member
Apr 1, 2020
Has anyone tried sending a webform to IRCC asking about why CPC- ottawa are sleeping ? I read that they are only working on applications that are exempt from travel which is no one. That could be why no one is getting any new updates. Well, except for students because they are special ($$$$$), their applications are being processed new and old ones.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-status.html

It says on this page, " We’re prioritizing applications from people who are exempt from travel restrictions. "
My MP is contacting them about why I stopped receiving update's, and why they seem to have stopped working. I should know something by friday, maybe a few days later, I'll let you know if there's any useful information that I get.

Reactions: rrss13

garuda2020

Jul 1, 2020
Folks, any Outland applicant whose file is in CPC Mississauga got any sort of updates in past 10 months?? Any update for the matter of fact!!
I am just afraid if anything happened to our files or if they are all forgotten!!
I never saw a single update for any Outland files from Mississauga in past few months

rrss13

Mar 24, 2020

Spouses are exempt from travel restrictions.

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
I don't know maybe several months. In countries like New Zealand and Australia up to 90 percent manage to avoid paying for quarantine. If people can't pay, they don't pay, but still allowed to enter.
If you are a few months away no point getting too worried about it right now. I thought the travel was in the near future. We will find out in the next short while what the real story is going to be.

Aya Alhosni

Star Member
Oct 7, 2020
it’s important to let them now if i changed my job? i already received the eligibility as a sponsor. and my wife’s file at the visa office