+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MARCH 2020 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

jhunt671

May 8, 2020
Hi all. I just got notification that IRCC are requesting Form IMM5409 - Statutory Declaration of Common Law Union. The letter says with both original signatures but then asks to upload forms using IRCC account. I take it scanned signatures are fine then?

Sneed

Star Member
Jul 22, 2020
So you mean you had to submit PCC two times? When did they ask at second time?
No, not two times. When I submitted my application, I could not get a copy of my Spouse's PCC because of lockdown. I explained that in a letter that was in my application. When my spouse was able to get the PCC, I submitted it online along with Use of Rep form. I first tried to submit the PCC by itself but IRCC emailed me asking me to resubmit with Use of Rep form.

Reactions: DiiDii and kiranf

votis

Apr 13, 2019
I sent my application on the 16 of march but no AOR or received yet. I called IRCC yesterday and they said they found nothing. Should I just send another application to immigration?

Last edited:

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I sent my application on the 16 of march but no updates yet. I called IRCC yesterday and they said they found nothing. Should I just send another application to immigration?
Obviously hard to say. There have been cases of files being lost or returned (and disappearing into the post of whatever country).

But: IRCC call centre can be inconsistent as well.

My suggestion would be to start putting your 'revised' application together, at least getting organised, putting off the stuff that costs money (translations etc, you won't need to pay the application fees again). Hopefully most of it is just a light revision and you have copies of everything already.

In parallel, try again and again with IRCC. Hopefully they can find your file and determine where it is.

Reactions: votis

Aya Alhosni

Star Member
Oct 7, 2020
I sent my application on the 16 of march but no updates yet. I called IRCC yesterday and they said they found nothing. Should I just send another application to immigration?
they didn’t find your application or there is no update for your application?

votis

Apr 13, 2019
they didn’t find your application or there is no update for your application?
They didn't find it. No AOR or receiving from IRCC. Canada Post say they delivered, but signature says COVID 19. So I don't know if someone from CPC Sydney got my file.

votis

Apr 13, 2019
Obviously hard to say. There have been cases of files being lost or returned (and disappearing into the post of whatever country).

But: IRCC call centre can be inconsistent as well.

My suggestion would be to start putting your 'revised' application together, at least getting organised, putting off the stuff that costs money (translations etc, you won't need to pay the application fees again). Hopefully most of it is just a light revision and you have copies of everything already.

In parallel, try again and again with IRCC. Hopefully they can find your file and determine where it is.
Thank you for this information. I will get my new application ready. I have everything but my police check from home country is now almost 1 year old. Will this matter?

kiranf

Star Member
Jul 11, 2014
No, not two times. When I submitted my application, I could not get a copy of my Spouse's PCC because of lockdown. I explained that in a letter that was in my application. When my spouse was able to get the PCC, I submitted it online along with Use of Rep form. I first tried to submit the PCC by itself but IRCC emailed me asking me to resubmit with Use of Rep form.
You're fine then. Hopefully positive news soon.

Savak

Star Member
Jun 2, 2015
Called the IRCC hotline and spoke to the agent and provided her with the application number i got from my MP. She was like yes they received my application but the application number that i provided her is a temporary application number and that they have still not begun processing the application.

I mean it is now going to be 9 months now and they still have not even begun processing the application. WTH is going on. I submitted a very comprehensive application package where i not only submitted each and every application form but also each and every supporting document of myself i.e. the sponsor and my spouse i.e. the principal applicant. I thought doing this would actually speed up their processing and impress them but it appears to have badly back fired instead

Reactions: kiranf

pc8922

Jun 6, 2017
Called the IRCC hotline and spoke to the agent and provided her with the application number i got from my MP. She was like yes they received my application but the application number that i provided her is a temporary application number and that they have still not begun processing the application.

I mean it is now going to be 9 months now and they still have not even begun processing the application. WTH is going on. I submitted a very comprehensive application package where i not only submitted each and every application form but also each and every supporting document of myself i.e. the sponsor and my spouse i.e. the principal applicant. I thought doing this would actually speed up their processing and impress them but it appears to have badly back fired instead
The fact that you submitted a comprehensive file does not ( well should not ) have any bearing on when they pick up your file, which should be in order of date received. In some cases, IRCC did in fact have the dates incorrectly input. Did you confirm the date of your application received?

Having said that, I am very sorry to hear that they haven't even give you your AOR1, given rest of the group - even April to some August candidates - have received it. Here's to hoping you receive something soon!

Reactions: Alexis1971

Savak

Star Member
Jun 2, 2015
The fact that you submitted a comprehensive file does not ( well should not ) have any bearing on when they pick up your file, which should be in order of date received. In some cases, IRCC did in fact have the dates incorrectly input. Did you confirm the date of your application received?

Having said that, I am very sorry to hear that they haven't even give you your AOR1, given rest of the group - even April to some August candidates - have received it. Here's to hoping you receive something soon!
Yup, they said and confirmed it was received on March 30, 2020

Jul 18, 2017
Guys, what does a pre arrival letter means? At what stage of the process you receive it?
I am done with medical and it is passed and yesterday I received the pre arrival letter. I still have to do biometrics but want to know what pre arrival means?
Is it a good sign and my application is almost approved?