+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MARCH 2020 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Application received shows after in process or before?? after the application received it will shows the DM?
Answering a couple of your questions. Yes your app can be in China, they send apps to other VO's when the LVO is very busy so apps can be processed faster. That is a good thing for you, means your app is being worked on or will be soon.

The NORMAL sequence of events is, after your app is received at the VO ECAS should show RECEIVED, then once the VO starts to process it ECAS should change to IN PROCESS. After it has been processed and a decision on your app has been made then it should change to DM. After that, assuming your application has been approved you will receive PPR. That can be a few days to a couple of months.

That is the normal sequence, right now with covid, updates are not always being done in the normal manner. Relax, all is good.

Reactions: DiiDii

Aya Alhosni

Star Member
Oct 7, 2020
Answering a couple of your questions. Yes your app can be in China, they send apps to other VO's when the LVO is very busy so apps can be processed faster. That is a good thing for you, means your app is being worked on or will be soon.

The NORMAL sequence of events is, after your app is received at the VO ECAS should show RECEIVED, then once the VO starts to process it ECAS should change to IN PROCESS. After it has been processed and a decision on your app has been made then it should change to DM. After that, assuming your application has been approved you will receive PPR. That can be a few days to a couple of months.

That is the normal sequence, right now with covid, updates are not always being done in the normal manner. Relax, all is good.
Thank you so so much for answering me. that was really helpful

kunaljathar

Star Member
May 26, 2016
On the medical form Imm1017 all details are correct except the address on the form is my Canadian address. I am the representative on the file. All the other information is accurate. Did anyone face a similar issue?

Savak

Star Member
Jun 2, 2015
Very very frustrated now. March 30th applicant and still no AOR yet. Last thing the immigration authorities told my MP in first week of November was that the age gap between me i.e 35 years old and my wife i.e. 20 years old was significant and hence they were doing some extra background, security checks on both me and her and there is a high chance that there will be an interview. But still no response. Just waiting every day for an AOR to arrive by email is very draining

Even more frustrating when i find out that other March, April, May, June, July, August, September applicants have already received their AOR's long time back.

MNtoBC

Aug 9, 2020
Very very frustrated now. March 30th applicant and still no AOR yet. Last thing the immigration authorities told my MP in first week of November was that the age gap between me i.e 35 years old and my wife i.e. 20 years old was significant and hence they were doing some extra background, security checks on both me and her and there is a high chance that there will be an interview. But still no response. Just waiting every day for an AOR to arrive by email is very draining

Even more frustrating when i find out that other March, April, May, June, July, August, September applicants have already received their AOR's long time back.
Try to not lose hope. We are a March 19th application and just received our AOR three weeks ago. If they have given your MP a reason for the delay it means they are at least starting to review your application which means you should see movement soon.

Sheldor

Sep 14, 2013
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
VISA ISSUED...
22nd OCT 2014
guys i cant update my spreadsheet entry , when i click on the cell nothing happens . any ideas

NewUser12

Jun 20, 2020
Hello, need help.

Can someone let me know how long does it take to get a call from the agent for biometric appointment once a webform request is submitted for VFS in India ?
I submitted a request a week ago but haven't received any call for the scheduled date ......

Oct 26, 2020
Hello, need help.

Can someone let me know how long does it take to get a call from the agent for biometric appointment once a webform request is submitted for VFS in India ?
I submitted a request a week ago but haven't received any call for the scheduled date ......
I got date after 1 week of webform submission. It depends on the centre you choose and the number of applicants applying there. Don't worry be positive I am sure you will receive soon

saini1987

Oct 11, 2013
India
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
App. Filed.......
25-03-2020
Hello, need help.

I submitted mine on 2nd dec and got the appointment confirmation sms on dec 16 and appointment details on dec 17 via sms and email. My appointment is on January 19th.

maxayma

May 11, 2020

Sorry to hear that. It is very weird to hear that as in such early stage IRCC is only supposed to review the application for being complete but now they are doing the relationship review and even considering an interview. Without even issuing the AOR!! I really hope anyone can answer to this, how they are doing this background check now even before the AOR and before processing the application. From what I understand what they are doing is actually processing the application!! Interview is always at the end and now IRCC is considering it even before sending the AOR that confirms that the app. is complete and they started processing the application. Can IRCC process an app. and even going this far before checking it for being complete and sending the AOR?!!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Sorry to hear that. It is very weird to hear that as in such early stage IRCC is only supposed to review the application for being complete but now they are doing the relationship review and even considering an interview. Without even issuing the AOR!! ... Can IRCC process an app. and even going this far before checking it for being complete and sending the AOR?!!
Don't know where you heard they only review it for being complete at the AOR stage.

The 'initial process' (entering the info, checking for completeness, AOR and spousal approval, starting the process for criminal and other checks, requesting bio and medical) includes a preliminary evaluation - this can be confirmed in GCMS notes. It may also be when they decide where to send the file to field office or other (eg in canada) for the subsequent step.

But as far as I can tell this preliminary evaluation is part of the process, and only a recommendation (it may not mean an interview will be requested, only that the first person to evaluate made a note that it may be needed - but to confirm through gcms notes).

Also it seems that they are not always sending AOR right now and frequently jumping to the sponsor approval etc.

Reactions: pc8922

kiranf

Star Member
Jul 11, 2014
Hello all,

Any Quebec applicants here? I'm waiting for my wife's CSQ after applying on Oct 23, 2020 (Federal was applied on March 13 2020) Anyone have an idea how long does it take. Federal is already requested for the csq and the deadline is in March. Anyone have some information regarding this?

Thanks in advance.