+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MARCH 2020 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

Vee33

Sep 14, 2019
Hello. My application was delivered on March 06. When other people from March 06 started receiving AOR last month I was hopeful mine would arrive soon after. I was heartbroken when applicants from late March received AORs and I hadn’t heard anything. I reached out to my MP, who was very kind and provided a temporary file number. Every day I called the IRCC help line to check the status of the file. The automated message would confirm my file was received on March 06, and say they would update me if there were any changes. As time passed, I became very discouraged and afraid the file was returned.

Yesterday, I called the IRCC line and found that the automated message had changed. Instead of saying I would be contacted with any updates, it said my application was under review and they were processing my partners background check. Today I finally received AOR.

A few weeks ago another user posted an encouraging message about receiving an AOR for March 2nd. I found some hope that was previously lost in reading their post, so I hope this helps March applicants who are still waiting to hear from IRCC.
Thanks, March 9 here still waiting

Preenamit

Sep 23, 2020
Applicants who received AOR before medical exam request- when you link your application and view “Details about your application status” does it say that you need a medical exam?

My page says I do not need a medical exam, and I want to understand if this appears for everyone at first and changes once the medical exam request is received.
It appears like that for everyone in the beginning.

RamGopinath

Sep 9, 2016
Hi all,

Has anyone resubmitted a returned application?

Is it ok to send back the same application package with addition of missing papers??
Or , should I send all the applications new again?

Will they consider the original application package? or will there be any issues because of the time gap of 7 months from the date signed in the original application?

Pls suggest.

Thanks

caseyarnold

Star Member
Jan 22, 2020
i also have extensive travel and prior marriages, still went to ottawa
That's how they did it typically, pre-COVID. With the level of dysfunction at IRCC these days, it's hard to know much for certain. I also have heard of files which are being sent to places that normally they wouldn't go in order to sort of even out the caseloads across various processing centres (for example, a man from the Middle East had his file sent to the office in Hong Kong).

Reactions: kieraj

KingQueenD

Apr 2, 2019
Hello. My application was delivered on March 06. When other people from March 06 started receiving AOR last month I was hopeful mine would arrive soon after. I was heartbroken when applicants from late March received AORs and I hadn’t heard anything. I reached out to my MP, who was very kind and provided a temporary file number. Every day I called the IRCC help line to check the status of the file. The automated message would confirm my file was received on March 06, and say they would update me if there were any changes. As time passed, I became very discouraged and afraid the file was returned.

Yesterday, I called the IRCC line and found that the automated message had changed. Instead of saying I would be contacted with any updates, it said my application was under review and they were processing my partners background check. Today I finally received AOR.

A few weeks ago another user posted an encouraging message about receiving an AOR for March 2nd. I found some hope that was previously lost in reading their post, so I hope this helps March applicants who are still waiting to hear from IRCC.
Congratulations. This is very encouraging

Joelchickey

Oct 28, 2020
Its a shame that people from June are getting their AOR's and yet much of march is still waiting. Its also a shame that if someone is missing 1 document or messed up on 1 document they mail it all back instead of taking 2 minutes to send email or call and request the document. That makes no sense whatsoever to me... April 6th applicant here and still waiting as well, called last week and they only told me they were working on February applicants now.

Reactions: DiiDii

Gabrielmorrow

Apr 9, 2020
Its a shame that people from June are getting their AOR's and yet much of march is still waiting. Its also a shame that if someone is missing 1 document or messed up on 1 document they mail it all back instead of taking 2 minutes to send email or call and request the document. That makes no sense whatsoever to me... April 6th applicant here and still waiting as well, called last week and they only told me they were working on February applicants now.
Even augest Apps are getting it

raju735

Jun 3, 2012
Hi all,

Has anyone resubmitted a returned application?

Is it ok to send back the same application package with addition of missing papers??
Or , should I send all the applications new again?

Will they consider the original application package? or will there be any issues because of the time gap of 7 months from the date signed in the original application?

Pls suggest.

Thanks
The signatures on the application forms are valid for 3 months from the date it was signed. Since you have way passed this time frame you should resign the application forms. Also, make sure you use the most recent versions of each form and not the old version. Check out IRCC website to ensure the forms you are using are the correct version.
When you resubmit, include a short cover letter explaining you have included the requested document mentioned along with a copy of IRCC letter you got with your returned package.
Hope this helps. Good luck!

sonia1091

Jun 27, 2017
Even more, shame, when the file is delivered on April 8th and they, have wrongly entered that they have received it on Aug 4th, and when u call IRCC with all delivery information they said we need at least a month to fix the issue. (April 8th nothing yet)

sonia1091

Jun 27, 2017
How long is the validity of Indian PCC, there is no expiry date mentioned on the PCC document, but that was issued in month of march

pc8922

Jun 6, 2017
Given October was the month they had to speed up, it seems they actually did and it was rightly March focused. Hopefully if they continue like this, they might be able to get done with the backlog in the next 2-3 months.

Month Processing DoneMonth App ReceivedAOR1sSABiometrics Requested
Sep Total352628
OctFebruary101
March805856
April321616
May924
July201
June902
Oct Total1337680