+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MARCH 2020 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

qq_esta28

Oct 21, 2020
Hello, I received an email from IRCC that they have initiated a refund of CAD$340 but without stating a reason. When I checked on ECAS the application still shows in progress. Does anyone know what's going on (is the application getting returned or they are just refunding something they overcharged)? Thanks.

rrss13

Mar 24, 2020
Hello, I received an email from IRCC that they have initiated a refund of CAD$340 but without stating a reason. When I checked on ECAS the application still shows in progress. Does anyone know what's going on (is the application getting returned or they are just refunding something they overcharged)? Thanks.
can you list what you paid for on your receipt. Are you an Outland applicant?

qq_esta28

Oct 21, 2020
can you list what you paid for on your receipt. Are you an Outland applicant?
I forgot what the breakdown of the fees were when I paid but on the receipt the total I paid was CAD$1,125. However, when I was looking for the fees breakdown on the IRCC website nothing matches with the amount they are refunding.

Yes, I'm outland applicant. Both my spouse and I are not in Canada at the moment so there's no way we can contact IRCC by phone as they blocked all calls overseas and I hate this feeling of how they just let me hanging here without any explanation :(

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I forgot what the breakdown of the fees were when I paid but on the receipt the total I paid was CAD$1,125. However, when I was looking for the fees breakdown on the IRCC website nothing matches with the amount they are refunding.

Yes, I'm outland applicant. Both my spouse and I are not in Canada at the moment so there's no way we can contact IRCC by phone as they blocked all calls overseas and I hate this feeling of how they just let me hanging here without any explanation :(
Can you give more detail about your app - sponsor pr or citizen? Only spouse, no children? When did you apply and what approvals/info have you received so far, any other correspondence? Did you mark the "continue with application if [denied, can't remember the precise wording]" option? You say your spouse abroad, how long has spouse been abroad? Was application submitted from outside Canada?

qq_esta28

Oct 21, 2020
Can you give more detail about your app - sponsor pr or citizen? Only spouse, no children? When did you apply and what approvals/info have you received so far, any other correspondence? Did you mark the "continue with application if [denied, can't remember the precise wording]" option? You say your spouse abroad, how long has spouse been abroad? Was application submitted from outside Canada?
I'm Canadian citizen living abroad and submitted spousal sponsorship application for my spouse. We plan to move to Canada once the application has been approved. We have one child born outside Canada and his proof of citizenship application was submitted separately at the consulate and currently in progress. The sponsorship application was submitted in early March 2020 outside Canada and the details from the ECAS is below:

- We received your application to sponsor XXX on March 5, 2020. Dependents listed on the application are XXX.
- We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on September 26, 2020.
- We started processing your application on September 25, 2020.
- We sent you a letter on October 16, 2020. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

The letter they are mentioning is probably the refund with the cheque.

No, I checked the "withdraw my sponsorship application" instead of "proceed with application for permanent residence", if that was what you were talking about. Would that make any negative impact towards my application?

It's very weird cuz if they are refusing my application they should be refunding the RPRF which was $490 right? Thanks for your help.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I'm Canadian citizen living abroad and submitted spousal sponsorship application for my spouse. We plan to move to Canada once the application has been approved. We have one child born outside Canada and his proof of citizenship application was submitted separately at the consulate and currently in progress. The sponsorship application was submitted in early March 2020 outside Canada and the details from the ECAS is below:

- We received your application to sponsor XXX on March 5, 2020. Dependents listed on the application are XXX.
- We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on September 26, 2020.
- We started processing your application on September 25, 2020.
- We sent you a letter on October 16, 2020. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

The letter they are mentioning is probably the refund with the cheque.

No, I checked the "withdraw my sponsorship application" instead of "proceed with application for permanent residence", if that was what you were talking about. Would that make any negative impact towards my application?

It's very weird cuz if they are refusing my application they should be refunding the RPRF which was $490 right? Thanks for your help.
I admit I'm stumped as to the amount and other aspects. Only thing I can think of is that they are returning because sponsorship not accepted at this point and you didn't get the sponsor approved correspondence (usually shortly within AOR1). I suppose could be something other not correct with file/application, just don't know, but AOR1 usually means the file is complete. You may want to try calling. Sorry, just don't know.

Ammar306

Star Member
Apr 25, 2019
So I called them this morning, he said my file is complete and I should get AOR shortly. And got a temp file number as well

Akshi_Goswami

Dec 12, 2019
Hi everyone,
Since vfs offices are closed in India for biometrics collection, will the application be in processing such as Medical and Sponsor approval for those candidates.
Please provide any information.
TIA

Santhia

Oct 21, 2020
I saw quite a few posts about people having missing addresses, emails, etc, particularly on family forms. While I can’t say whether they will return an application for these types of mistakes, just some info for further reference.

When it comes to family, we only put email addresses for my husband’s family for members over the age of eighteen. We included all addresses except one because we did not know it. Anytime you do not know an address or email simply add a separate sheet of paper explaining why that is the case. We had no issues by simply providing an explanation for the one missing address.

It is always important to double, triple, quadruple check every page of your application before sending it in. It’s always good to do it on separate days because that’s when you will often catch something you missed the day before.

I hope nobody has an application returned, but if it does happen keep this mind for when you send it in again!
I have not filled the address of my family members in the Form 5406 as I thought it was not required. Hope the CIC will just ask us to send updated form again only instead of returing our application which was submited 7 months ago.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I have not filled the address of my family members in the Form 5406 as I thought it was not required. Hope the CIC will just ask us to send updated form again only instead of returing our application which was submited 7 months ago.
You could try to get ahead of it by providing that information via webform, ideally with fully updated form, or at least info. May not work but worth a try.

If in doubt can write not applicable (if clearly not applicable) or attach letter of explanation why not completed. Not a great idea to not fill out parts, they mostly aren't optional (there are some that are not applicable but that's differnt).

Santhia

Oct 21, 2020
You could try to get ahead of it by providing that information via webform, ideally with fully updated form, or at least info. May not work but worth a try.

If in doubt can write not applicable (if clearly not applicable) or attach letter of explanation why not completed. Not a great idea to not fill out parts, they mostly aren't optional (there are some that are not applicable but that's differnt).
Thanks, it is exactly my plan now. Hope it works.