+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MARCH 2020 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Would you suggest I do the same if I haven't written names down in native language?
Form is otherwise fully complete with all details - addresses etc - duly filled and signed. All my documents were in English and not in Native Language - so wrote my name only in English as well.
I honestly don't know. Obviously, can't hurt to provide.

Am I guessing correctly that you are from India?

I think - and I emphasize think, I have no special knowledge - that perhaps the main reasons they request this is for officers to compare documents (originals) when they are not in English, and also for non-English/latin scripts where transliteration can be inconsistent, and to help eliminate false positives (where names are quite common and will turn up in database searches incorrectly esp if transliterated different ways or without things like second names or patronymics etc). Also where security, criminality, and similar concerns are heightened.

Hence I think more important for Russian/Cyrillic, Arabic, and I presume Chinese names/individuals (off the top of my head, probably other countries too).

I know less about India but think this applies less for various reasons (like documents in English in originals, not just transliterated at various times by agencies/individuals using different transliteration approaches). So perhaps not an issue in your case.

Hope no-one takes offence, I'm only reading between the lines, and in entirely unrelated work have dealt with false-positive names in various databases and internet searches etc. Also spent time at airports with colleagues from Arab countries while they waited at passport counters for 'clearance' which was obviously similar/common names coming up on whatever database was being used at the border.

That said, I think it's usually a good idea for applicants to include this - first, because IRCC asks for it, and second, because in case of issues, helping them identify the right person (the applicant) more quickly and accurately is in the applicant's interest.

pc8922

Jun 6, 2017
I honestly don't know. Obviously, can't hurt to provide.

Am I guessing correctly that you are from India?

I think - and I emphasize think, I have no special knowledge - that perhaps the main reasons they request this is for officers to compare documents (originals) when they are not in English, and also for non-English/latin scripts where transliteration can be inconsistent, and to help eliminate false positives (where names are quite common and will turn up in database searches incorrectly esp if transliterated different ways or without things like second names or patronymics etc). Also where security, criminality, and similar concerns are heightened.

Hence I think more important for Russian/Cyrillic, Arabic, and I presume Chinese names/individuals (off the top of my head, probably other countries too).

I know less about India but think this applies less for various reasons (like documents in English in originals, not just transliterated at various times by agencies/individuals using different transliteration approaches). So perhaps not an issue in your case.

Hope no-one takes offence, I'm only reading between the lines, and in entirely unrelated work have dealt with false-positive names in various databases and internet searches etc. Also spent time at airports with colleagues from Arab countries while they waited at passport counters for 'clearance' which was obviously similar/common names coming up on whatever database was being used at the border.

That said, I think it's usually a good idea for applicants to include this - first, because IRCC asks for it, and second, because in case of issues, helping them identify the right person (the applicant) more quickly and accurately is in the applicant's interest.
Thank you. My wife is actually from Pakistan, but all the documents provided - they didn't need a translation ( even our chats were in English ). There wasn't a single official document that did not have my name in English. But I guess will provide it to them through webform.

Reactions: armoured

pc8922

Jun 6, 2017
Here are 2 more guys got something :-

soniang2020-03-26209Australia2020-10-20208N/AN/A2020-10-19N/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/A
182akash2020-03-26209India2020-10-20
AOR1
Did some running of the tracker data. It does seem they have picked up a lot of pace this month. Sep 2020 had just 23 Biometrics request for March 2020 people. Oct already has 47. 3rd Column shows application received date for people who have gotten requests. They are all end of March. Keep your hopes up guys! Soon enough.

Months Biometrics Requested DateApp. Received Date# of Biometrics Requests Received
Sep Total23
Oct03-Oct09-Mar1
11-Mar1
05-Oct19-Mar1
06-Oct12-Mar1
07-Oct06-Mar1
12-Mar1
08-Oct12-Mar2
13-Mar1
19-Mar1
24-Mar1
09-Oct12-Mar1
20-Mar1
13-Oct06-Mar1
11-Mar1
18-Mar1
20-Mar1
14-Oct06-Mar1
11-Mar1
16-Mar1
19-Mar4
15-Oct06-Mar2
09-Mar1
12-Mar3
16-Mar1
19-Mar2
20-Mar1
16-Oct12-Mar1
18-Mar1
19-Mar2
17-Oct23-Mar1
19-Oct02-Mar1
26-Mar2
20-Oct24-Mar2
25-Mar1
27-Mar1
21-Oct23-Mar1
Oct Total47
Grand Total77

Reactions: Santhia and rrss13

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thank you. My wife is actually from Pakistan, but all the documents provided - they didn't need a translation ( even our chats were in English ). There wasn't a single official document that did not have my name in English. But I guess will provide it to them through webform.
Well it is up to you. I doubt it is critical but why risk it,and as I said I think it's in the applicant's best interest to provide ,just in case.

Reactions: pc8922

Dude29

Star Member
Dec 23, 2019
No idea if it’s good or bad lol just surprising to see that’s the first form of communication.. at least it’s something!
Yeah I guess...also I don't think we will be getting BIL because we already have biometrics on file...GCKey already shows Biometrics enrolled

Reactions: rrss13

AramanB

Star Member
Sep 21, 2020
Hello, anybody here applied tvr for their spouse and got approved? And what was the reason of visit you applied with???

irgan

Aug 28, 2020
Hi Everyone,

The PA just got invitation to pre-arrival message on GC key. The letter is just a standard letter and outlines what pre-arrival services are available, how to enroll, etc.

Does this letter mean anything in terms of application status (i.e how far the application has progressed)?

Wish everyone all the very best with thier application!

Thanks!
congratulations!! what is yor timeline.? could you share ,if you dont mind

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
can we apply for visa vist if we already applied for sponsorship file ?
We all wish so , but they prefer other categories. They think our spouse won't go back. So applying on line is more than welcome by them but getting a VISA? chances are very rare.