+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MARCH 2020 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

KSADK

Sep 3, 2020
I applied for my husband for sponsorship and tvr. On his sponsorship, the lawyer used his fathers name on his passport as middle name. But on his tvr we did not include that. Will this effect his Biometric?

Inam92

Star Member
Aug 21, 2020
Hi guys, when we should expect medical request before file move to visa office abroad or after? And how many days after biometrics??

Yuba

Star Member
Jan 16, 2019
If i had previous log-in using a gc key and then revoke it, will they still use that one to send updates on my application to it?

Svd130

Star Member
Mar 18, 2020
Hi, We just received pre-arrival letter in gckey account. Does that mean the eligibility check has been completed?
We don't see any changes in gckey status or in ECAS.

raju735

Jun 3, 2012
Hello everyone, since VFS in India is closed for biometrics submission, any march applicant from India who has got biometrics still pending got any progress like medical request or transferred to VO? VFS has announced some measures for passport submission yesterday but still there is no clarification for biometrics.
Thanks in advance
Yes, its totaly possible. That's what happend to my application. The PA got biometrics request, medical examination request and I (sponsor) got SA. And before IRCC even recieved PA's medical examination results, the application was already transferred to CPC-Ottawa. FYI, the PA is also from India, and biometrics is still pending due to closed VACs. So no worries, if you cant give your biometrics right now. Your application will continue to progress.

May I ask what measures VFS in India has announced for passport submission? And where can I read more about this new measures?

Good luck with your application!

Reactions: rrss13

Inam92

Star Member
Aug 21, 2020
Is there anybody in this group from march applicants who got biometrics request and after that medical request?

AutumnSkies

May 31, 2019
I noticed there were a few comments about calling IRCC and a mention of how many times you can call or if it affects the application.

Short answers are no, it doesn’t affect the application and you can call as many times as you want.

That being said, unless you have a major problem with your application it’s not really worth calling them. They often provide inaccurate information or you’ll get three different answers from three different agents for the same question. Take any and all advice with a huge grain of salt.

I remember when even after supplying them with my husband’s new address via webform it was never updated and he received a PPR to send to Ottawa, which he could not do as he had moved back to New Zealand. Ottawa doesn’t accept them from return addresses outside Canada or USA.

So we were like yikes. So I called IRCC about what to do and in the meantime we sent an email directly to the Ottawa office informing them of the address change and a request for a new PPR to send to Auckland, New Zealand.

The guy on the phone was ranting about how my husband shouldn’t have left the country and if there was any way he could get back in time in thirty days.

My response?

...We applied Outland.

His response?

...Oh.

And then I was basically like so we went and sent an email to the Ottawa office with a request and kept screenshots of everything is that fine? And basically I got a ‘yeah do that.’

Which I had already done and answered my own question.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: canadan_ and Phalos

Inam92

Star Member
Aug 21, 2020
Can i link my spouse's application to my Gckey account? I am sponsor and representative on her application Or my spouse should create her own Gckey account to link her application?

mvl

Jul 14, 2020
Hi guys, when we should expect medical request before file move to visa office abroad or after? And how many days after biometrics??
in my case, my application was moved to VO without any Medical request or Biometric request. So....I just wait.