+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MARCH 2020 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

raju735

Jun 3, 2012
Hi All,

On my ECAS, the PR Application Status has been changed from "In Process" to "Application Received". Is this AOR2? The file was transferred to CPC-Ottawa on September 30, 2020. And by looking at the trend from Feb 2020 tracker it seems like it takes approximately 3 weeks to received AOR2 after file gets transferred to CPC-Ottawa. So I am assuming this update can be considered as AOR2, but wanted to ask if anyone else also noticed this change on their ECAS?

Also, who would get the AOR2 email (if CPC-Ottawa sends out any)? The sponsor or the PA?

Thanks!

Svd130

Star Member
Mar 18, 2020
Hi,

Does anyone know what a ghost update represents after AOR2 stage?

P.S: Ghost update is referred to the gckey status 'application/profile updated' that disappears after a while without giving any other info.

kharthik24

Star Member
Jun 15, 2020
Toronto
Hi All,

On my ECAS, the PR Application Status has been changed from "In Process" to "Application Received". Is this AOR2? The file was transferred to CPC-Ottawa on September 30, 2020. And by looking at the trend from Feb 2020 tracker it seems like it takes approximately 3 weeks to received AOR2 after file gets transferred to CPC-Ottawa. So I am assuming this update can be considered as AOR2, but wanted to ask if anyone else also noticed this change on their ECAS?

Also, who would get the AOR2 email (if CPC-Ottawa sends out any)? The sponsor or the PA?

Thanks!
When was your app received initially?

Mohsin patel

Nov 28, 2018
Hi All,

Thanks!
thats mean ottawa received your application (paper file ), and some time they would not provide aor2. it goes to PA and all the email who got it before they might be got the email again .

Raggy

Aug 1, 2020
Just a quick question about the Parents grandparents program ! Let's suppose there is a family of 4 husband , wife ,son and a daughter and they r going to sponsor their remaining family members( grandparents) . The boy started working full time 3 months ago,and he was dependent for the past 3 years and he is still living at his parent's house ! Does he still count as dependent or independent ??

Mohsin patel

Nov 28, 2018
Just a quick question about the Parents grandparents program ! Let's suppose there is a family of 4 husband , wife ,son and a daughter and they r going to sponsor their remaining family members( grandparents) . The boy started working full time 3 months ago,and he was dependent for the past 3 years and he is still living at his parent's house ! Does he still count as dependent or independent ??
once started working then it called independent , my point of view yeah but there is age limit on cic website before you can check overthere.

raju735

Jun 3, 2012
thats mean ottawa received your application (paper file ), and some time they would not provide aor2. it goes to PA and all the email who got it before they might be got the email again .
Thanks! I was under the impression that the sponsor is the one who receives all the emails, because AOR1 and SA was sent to sponsor's e-mail. The PA only got emails when there were updates/ messages on GC Key (i.e. biometrics request & medical request).

Reactions: singleman

Shn05

Star Member
Apr 13, 2018
How did you get the info, I have tried UCI number , receipt number nothin works for me..

Please share which info you filled over there .

Thanks.
I used my husband’s UCI number from his tourist visa and all of his info and it worked.
We still haven’t got aor email though.

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Fee paid receipt no. is also known as financial receipts (IMM 5401)

ManBhawan

Star Member
Jun 9, 2020

Thanks I tried everything,UCI number from my husband 's previous vistor visa application, and the receipt number too.
Nothing worked for me.

My husband does not have last name on the passport, do you think it might be the reason. What should I write in Sur name/Family name field.
i tried entering his full name, N/A nothing worked.

We are march 12, It is so frustrating, they are not even picking the call, everyday it is busy, no agents available. even I start calling from 7:40. so that exact by 8am I can get in queue but no luck.
hopefully Monday , we get some news.
Good luck everyone.