+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MARCH 2020 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

Andre5

Star Member
Apr 26, 2020
I got the biometrics request today too, same as sherinv basically.

The letter says we have to go to a Service Canada center to do biometrics. But they're all closed in Alberta! Then on the CIC website it says: "
Biometrics collection services are currently available only for permanent residence applicants who have been contacted by a Service Canada officer and given a scheduled appointment. Service Canada is calling those who have been waiting the longest to give their biometrics, based on
  • the date their application was submitted to us
  • where they live"
So which is it?? What a mess. I have been scrolling through threads but don't know what others have done. My wife is here in a tourist visa even though we began the process as Outland.

Heee

Star Member
Sep 15, 2020
Everybody please check cic news... One update is there... Regarding extended families... Do we have any benefit from that?

Reactions: ManBhawan

Aya Alhosni

Star Member
Oct 7, 2020

The letter says we have to go to a Service Canada center to do biometrics. But they're all closed in Alberta! Then on the CIC website it says: "
Biometrics collection services are currently available only for permanent residence applicants who have been contacted by a Service Canada officer and given a scheduled appointment. Service Canada is calling those who have been waiting the longest to give their biometrics, based on
  • where they live"
So which is it?? What a mess. I have been scrolling through threads but don't know what others have done. My wife is here in a tourist visa even though we began the process as Outland.
file arrived please?

rrss13

Mar 24, 2020

• where they live"
What day was your application delivered? Possibly call CIC and tell them your wife is in Canada!

also please update the spreadsheet :)

rrss13

Mar 24, 2020

• where they live"
ALSO, if your wife has valid biometrics (done within the past 10 years) she won’t need to give them again

ManBhawan

Star Member
Jun 9, 2020

• where they live"

As far as I know, that Service Canada is calling to set up the appointments to people as per the date sequence they got the biomatrices requested.

Try contacting customer service phone number and give your information, they will guide you.

Lavtaz

Jan 17, 2018

• where they live"
When was ur file received

ManBhawan

Star Member
Jun 9, 2020
Everybody please check cic news... One update is there... Regarding extended families... Do we have any benefit from that?

No benefits at all, it is just if you have visitor visa. I am unable to understand what they brought new, spouses were already exempt form travel restrictions, if they have visitor visa.

I was expecting something for visitor visa exemption or some kind of special rule for spouse, after 6000 applications news!!!! I guess we are once again trolled by our immi minister.

Do you guys find anything useful for us, please share.

jaskirat23

Apr 30, 2020
Hi All, Since all VACs in India are closed , Is it possible to give biometrics in any other country where VAC is open. Is it allowed?

Thanks

silkypie

Oct 8, 2020
Is upfront medical still acceptable? we got our medical request from IRCC yesterday, but my husband already did his upfront medical last month, he is in the Philippines. They got our application last March 9, 2020. We did not received biometrics request though

Andre5

Star Member
Apr 26, 2020
My application was received the first week or two of March. I don't remember the exact date.

I don't update the spreadsheet anymore because it always gets corrupted or deleted a few weeks later.

I called IRCC and they told me to wait until Service Canada centers open again (like that will happen anytime soon) or for my wife to go to her home country to do it (where biometrics are also closed). Not impressed. The rep also told me they're prioritizing inland applications in general.

Instead, I submitted a webform with a change of address and begged them to give us a call to book us a Service Canada appointment. I have no idea why they stopped doing this online. Doing it by phone is so 20th century.

Reactions: Aya Alhosni