+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MARCH 2020 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

canadan_

Jan 26, 2020
I don't think Ottawa is for digitization. As a member in this forum once said Ottawa now is the new Mississauga. Which is simply the fast track route instead of some visa offices. The legend has it that straight forward cases were sent to Mississauga in addition to Indian applications to reduce the pressure on Indian Visa offices given that Indian apps are the majority. If you look now at cases moved to Ottawa it still follows the same pattern. Cases from USA, UK, New Zealand, Australia, Hong Kong, etc. and India.
I’m a Feb 11th applicant from UK, still waiting on a move to VO or Ottawa/ Mississauga W/med,bio,SA all completed back in March. I’m kind of hoping the digitisation is the reason my file isn’t transferred yet and they don’t need to physically transfer my file to another location, but we’ll see!

maxayma

May 11, 2020
I’m a Feb 11th applicant from UK, still waiting on a move to VO or Ottawa/ Mississauga W/med,bio,SA all completed back in March. I’m kind of hoping the digitisation is the reason my file isn’t transferred yet and they don’t need to physically transfer my file to another location, but we’ll see!
Yes this the logic of it going digital instead of moving the paper application cross borders. I hope the same too making the processing more time efficient.

Reactions: canadan_ and rrss13

adyc

Star Member
Apr 12, 2020
Ottawa
I hope they will move on to Outland applications once the initial stages for the inland applications are done. From what I read all the inland applicants got are biometric fee reminder and temp file number, which are not very useful and does not provide any help to their processing other than a peace of mind.

I had gotten a temp file number because I requested my GCMS notes, but besides having the number there is nothing helpful, it is just in queue to be assigned.

I’m crossing my fingers that the Outland applicantions will actually be fast-track processed Without these initial stages.

Reactions: Svd130 and rrss13

nonamemike

Star Member
Oct 1, 2020
As update will be coming tomorrow regarding family reunification. Most of the users here are saying that update is for Visa exempt countries. But on the new release, it doesnt mention anything regarding visa exempt.

Is tomorrow's update going to be for outland spouse sponership or not at all?

kieraj

Star Member
Sep 5, 2020
did someone mess with the spreadsheet, my whole line is gone :confused:

edit: looks like someone took over my line for some reason going by version history

Last edited:

caseyarnold

Star Member
Jan 22, 2020
As update will be coming tomorrow regarding family reunification. Most of the users here are saying that update is for Visa exempt countries. But on the new release, it doesnt mention anything regarding visa exempt.

We'll obviously just need to wait and find out...

macky17

Mar 17, 2017
Hi, If we receive a temp file number can we confirm that no document is missing? Does anyone know?
I guess most probably yes no documents are missing. Mostly once our files assigned to an officer they will give us a permanent file number, which will be the removing X from temp. File number.

Svd130

Star Member
Mar 18, 2020
I hope they will move on to Outland applications once the initial stages for the inland applications are done. From what I read all the inland applicants got are biometric fee reminder and temp file number, which are not very useful and does not provide any help to their processing other than a peace of mind.

I had gotten a temp file number because I requested my GCMS notes, but besides having the number there is nothing helpful, it is just in queue to be assigned.

I’m crossing my fingers that the Outland applicantions will actually be fast-track processed Without these initial stages.
From the inland tracking sheets, it seems like they are trying to complete till OWP step. Probably they are trying to get spouses/partners their open work permit, so that they can work.

Reactions: adyc

maxayma

May 11, 2020

What announcement IRCC is going make?