+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MARCH 2020 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

pc8922

Jun 6, 2017
I am not sure why they would prioritize inland applicants, when they are already together living in Canada.
The news release and tweet from Minister emphasized on family reunion, meaning they would prioritize outland applicants.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2020/09/ircc-speeding-up-processing-for-spousal-applications.html
I believe they have been prioritizing Inland applicants probably. If you look at Inland Spousal Tracker - even September 2020 applicants have received Biometrics and temporary file numbers. So perhaps they are working - maybe getting backlog of inland out first.

a_P12345

Sep 30, 2019
am march12, 2020 also but i didn't receive anything yet.
can you please show us what did you receive from them?
Its just a letter requesting biometrics from the nearest VAC which is closed in India at least until Oct 31st. They have given 90 days (from date the letter was sent to us by email) to complete the biometrics.

Svd130

Star Member
Mar 18, 2020
I believe they have been prioritizing Inland applicants probably. If you look at Inland Spousal Tracker - even September 2020 applicants have received Biometrics and temporary file numbers. So perhaps they are working - maybe getting backlog of inland out first.
Inland applications go to CPC-Mississauga. I am guessing they are completing initial steps for inland applicants (the process seem to be very different for inland applicants).
If you observe outland feb and march, files are getting moved to Ottawa. I believe thats where they are digitizing the applications and probably digitized applications will be processed faster remotely by case officers.

maxayma

May 11, 2020
Inland applications go to CPC-Mississauga. I am guessing they are completing initial steps for inland applicants (the process seem to be very different for inland applicants).
If you observe outland feb and march, files are getting moved to Ottawa. I believe thats where they are digitizing the applications and probably digitized applications will be processed faster remotely by case officers.
I don't think Ottawa is for digitization. As a member in this forum once said Ottawa now is the new Mississauga. Which is simply the fast track route instead of some visa offices. The legend has it that straight forward cases were sent to Mississauga in addition to Indian applications to reduce the pressure on Indian Visa offices given that Indian apps are the majority. If you look now at cases moved to Ottawa it still follows the same pattern. Cases from USA, UK, New Zealand, Australia, Hong Kong, etc. and India.

Last edited:
Reactions: DiiDii

Gabrielmorrow

Apr 9, 2020
I don't think Ottawa is for digitization. As a member in this forum once said Ottawa now is the new Mississauga. Which is simply the fast track route instead of some visa offices. The legend has it that straight forward cases was sent to Mississauga in addition to Indian application and this can be explained just to reduce the pressure on Indian Visa offices given that Indian apps are the majority. If you look now at cases moved to Ottawa it still follows the same pattern. Cases from USA, UK, New Zeeland, Australia, Hong Kong, etc. and India.
I think digitization is complete when you get biomatric or aor email or medical