+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MARCH 2020 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

neptune18

Sep 16, 2020
Does anyone know if we can get biometrics and medicals done, without receiving a letter asking for them from IRCC? We're in the UK, and the medical and visa centers are currently open but I am panicking now as Covid is only getting worse, so offices will close again soon. Would love to get these done ASAP so that whenever we do receive the letter asking for it, we'll have it to hand. App received by IRCC March 12th, so far haven't heard anything.

DiiDii

Apr 8, 2019
Toronto Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston VO
App. Filed.......
01-23-2020
AOR Received.
02-06-2020
File Transfer...
23-01-2021
Med's Request
18-09-2020
Med's Done....
23-09-2020
Passport Req..
13-07-2021
Does anyone know if we can get biometrics and medicals done, without receiving a letter asking for them from IRCC? We're in the UK, and the medical and visa centers are currently open but I am panicking now as Covid is only getting worse, so offices will close again soon. Would love to get these done ASAP so that whenever we do receive the letter asking for it, we'll have it to hand. App received by IRCC March 12th, so far haven't heard anything.
No can do. You'll get your letters soon. They're working on March now. Try not worry too much.

Reactions: jasluke and rrss13

Savak

Star Member
Jun 2, 2015
At the rate they are processing the applications, it appears that my March 30th submission will be processed sometime in the middle of November

sherinv

Star Member
Aug 21, 2020
Does anyone have an idea about how long does it take to get AOR once it is assigned to any officer? Mine was received on March 06, and the agent told me no officer has been assigned yet to my file. So it can take another 3 weeks once it is assigned?? People after march 06 started getting AORs, so they are not taking files as per received order I think.

Svd130

Star Member
Mar 18, 2020
Hi,

Could somebody help us understand what this status mean?
We received sponsor approval on Sep 9th (we didnt get email, but agent confirmed), now in ECAS I see that 'PR application status' changed from 'In Process' to 'Application received'.

Why would status go back a step from 'In Process' to 'Application received'?
Does that mean the file was moved from Sydney to some visa office? Please let us know if anyone else see same status.

Andre5

Star Member
Apr 26, 2020
How do you guys know when your application was received? Is someone in their call centre telling you, or you're referring to the delivery date from your package tracking (i.e. UPS #)?

canadan_

Jan 26, 2020
Hi,

Could somebody help us understand what this status mean?
We received sponsor approval on Sep 9th (we didnt get email, but agent confirmed), now in ECAS I see that 'PR application status' changed from 'In Process' to 'Application received'.

Why would status go back a step from 'In Process' to 'Application received'?
Does that mean the file was moved from Sydney to some visa office? Please let us know if anyone else see same status.
Yes, this likely means your file was forwarded to a local VO or a case processing centre within Canada, either in Mississauga or Ottawa. The status will go back to in process once they start working on it, this is AOR2.

pc8922

Jun 6, 2017
I am a much later applicant, but I was just looking at processing numbers as well. It might be useful for you all to note this tracker :

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/0/d/1LxDFjvZn-XR9uZpGbPTORYKQf0BMquSXNw0RvmqvZNU/htmlview#

All of September 2020 Inland applicants (almost all) have received a Temp File number and Biometrics Letter already. Perhaps once they are done knocking off Inland, they will move to all you March 2020 Applicants and provide AORs. Perhaps they are going by stream. Who knows. But if you see the rate at which inland got their numbers assigned, you all would definitely find some hope.

Shout out to @Korion for bringing this to light. Very well caught.

Reactions: smbr and rrss13

ManBhawan

Star Member
Jun 9, 2020
Any update guys.

So disappointed with the previous announcement of clearing application ASAP, from Oct to DEC, 6000 application per month.

Today's day is almost gone, hopefully by the end of day today. we might get some positive news.