+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MARCH 2020 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

kharthik24

Star Member
Jun 15, 2020
Toronto
On ecas my application says it was received on the 6th of March 2020 , however i keep seeing people with dates after mine get AOR1 and even Biometrics request . Should i perhaps give em call
What did you use to check on ecas? Application number (temporary one), receipt number and whose information did you use (Principal Applicant or Sponsor)?

raju735

Jun 3, 2012
Yes I can clarify. No, your file is still in Sydney but they are verified the criminal check (criminality), which is the first part of the background check. VO will do Security check before issue PPR.
You got very unlucky that Jan.2nd application did not make it to VO before March.
I am Jan.27th, just got transferred to LVO last week - I didn't make it in time before pandemic hit.
I think its possible to be moved to VO before Biometrics completed, as long as SA is approved.
Thank you for the clarification!
Yes, I got very unlucky as alot of processing could have been doe in those 7 weeks. My application could have been at the VO before the pandemic hit. And its even more furstrating when IRCC does not provide any explaination for what cause the delay.
Anyways, now that processing has been finally started on March applications, hoping they would work efficently to make up for this dealy and clear the back log.

Wish you all the best on your application!

Reactions: rrss13

raju735

Jun 3, 2012
That’s what’s happening with March applicants. Moving to VO before biometrics
Good to know! At last, IRCC came up with an alterbative to work around this issue. At least we don't have to sit back and just wait for the VACs to open in PA's country.
By that time the VOs can check other criterias and send PPR as soon as biometrics are complted.
If you don't mind may I ask from where do you get these updates? Its good to stay up-to-date on any updates related to spousal sponsorship.

raju735

Jun 3, 2012
About a week, it will update on ecas Medical Received and gckey says Medical Passed.
For medical examination PA is required to give passport size photos that are no more than 6 months old. Does that mean the photos has to be date stamped at the back?

sherinv

Star Member
Aug 21, 2020
I have a question, I have seen someone from India got biometrics request on 2020-09-17 and medical request on 2020-09-18. And VFS is closed in India, no one can do biometrics now. So is it like, they don't wait for biometrics to be done to get the medical request?

saini1987

Oct 11, 2013
India
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
App. Filed.......
25-03-2020
I have a question, I have seen someone from India got biometrics request on 2020-09-17 and medical request on 2020-09-18. And VFS is closed in India, no one can do biometrics now. So is it like, they don't wait for biometrics to be done to get the medical request?
Yes, you will see the same activity for more users too because there's a very huge backlog pending for them already.

raju735

Jun 3, 2012
On whatsapp. I think feb 2020 might have a group too. Maybe ask in that thread
Technically I should be in March 2020 WhatsApp group. As IRCC started to process my application on March 1st, regardless of it being delivered to them in Jan 2020 and me getting AOR1 in Feb 2020.

rrss13

Mar 24, 2020
Technically I should be in March 2020 WhatsApp group. As IRCC started to process my application on March 1st, regardless of it being delivered to them in Jan 2020 and me getting AOR1 in Feb 2020.
You are a February applicant, if they said they received your application in February! Doesn’t matter when they started to process.