smbr

Star Member
Mar 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Beijing
Need Advice Please!

Outland Application - Submitted in March 2020 but no AOR yet...
Just noticed one typo on my application. Marriage date (month is incorrect for one question where you have to mention all events) Except for that all forms and supporting documents have correct marriage date.
Will it be an issue?

Jul 18, 2017
Need Advice Please!

Outland Application - Submitted in March 2020 but no AOR yet...
Just noticed one typo on my application. Marriage date (month is incorrect for one question where you have to mention all events) Except for that all forms and supporting documents have correct marriage date.
Will it be an issue?
It should not. The reason being, you have to mention your marriage date at one more a couple of places during your application plus your marriage certificate also bears the marriage date. Any officer looking at your application will notice the discrepancy but will also understand that it could be a mistake.
If anything, they will ask you for a clarification letter in which you genuinely admit your mistake.

smbr

Star Member
Mar 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Beijing
It should not. The reason being, you have to mention your marriage date at one more a couple of places during your application plus your marriage certificate also bears the marriage date. Any officer looking at your application will notice the discrepancy but will also understand that it could be a mistake.
If anything, they will ask you for a clarification letter in which you genuinely admit your mistake.
Thank you for your reply! Do you think my application package might get returned??

kharthik24

Star Member
Jun 15, 2020
Toronto
Thank you for your reply! Do you think my application package might get returned??
They check for completeness like you have signatures, all the required forms etc, I don't think they verify anything at this point. You might be asked later on in the process about this but I don't think its a reason why they would return it.

Reactions: smbr

smbr

Star Member
Mar 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Beijing
They check for completeness like you have signatures, all the required forms etc, I don't think they verify anything at this point. You might be asked later on in the process about this but I don't think its a reason why they would return it.
Thank you! Really appreciate your prompt response :)

Usr1997

Star Member
Jul 26, 2019
On ecas my application says it was received on the 6th of March 2020 , however i keep seeing people with dates after mine get AOR1 and even Biometrics request . Should i perhaps give em call

raju735

Jun 3, 2012
Hi All,

I have few a question regarding my application.

1. At what stage does the background check of PA takes place? FYI: PA is from India. Immediately after I received AOR1 GC key showed background check in process. I thought background check is takes place after biometrics and medical examination results has been received by IRCC and the application has been moved to VO. Not sure why in my case the background check was initiated right after AOR1? Does it mean after the application has been moved to the VO we will directly get PPR as background check would be done by then? Can someone please clarify?
2. PA has received biometrics request but VAC in Ahemdabad, India is currently closed. Is there any Sponsor or PA on this thread from this city who has any idea about VAC re-opening date? Their website shows closed till September 30, 2020; but they keep extending the closure from past few months.
3. After medical examination has been given, how will IRCC notify us that the results has been received and medical examination has been passed? Approximately how long it takes?
4. Can file be moved to VO after medical examination passed, even if the biometrics is still pending?

Here is my application timeline:

-> Application delivered at Sydney, NS: January 2, 2020 (as per courier tracking number)
-> AOR1: March 1, 2020 (AOR1 stated IRCC received application on February 19, 2020. No idea what happened to my application for 7 weeks after it was delivered till I got AOR1. Tried to reach out to IRCC to get explanation for this, but all I got was the standard response)
-> Background check in process: March 1, 2020
-> Biometrics requested: September 17, 2020
-> Medical Examination requested: September 18, 2020
-> Medical Examination given: September 21, 2020 (tomorrow)
-> Decision made for SA on ECAS: September 18, 2020 (I did not get any email regarding what the decision is about, but assuming its SA)

Thanks!

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
Not sure why in my case the background check was initiated right after AOR1? Does it mean after the application has been moved to the VO we will directly get PPR as background check would be done by then? Can someone please clarify?
Yes I can clarify. No, your file is still in Sydney but they are verified the criminal check (criminality), which is the first part of the background check. VO will do Security check before issue PPR.
You got very unlucky that Jan.2nd application did not make it to VO before March.
I am Jan.27th, just got transferred to LVO last week - I didn't make it in time before pandemic hit.
I think its possible to be moved to VO before Biometrics completed, as long as SA is approved.

rrss13

Mar 24, 2020
Yes I can clarify. No, your file is still in Sydney but they are verified the criminal check (criminality), which is the first part of the background check. VO will do Security check before issue PPR.
You got very unlucky that Jan.2nd application did not make it to VO before March.
I am Jan.27th, just got transferred to LVO last week - I didn't make it in time before pandemic hit.
I think its possible to be moved to VO before Biometrics completed, as long as SA is approved.
That’s what’s happening with March applicants. Moving to VO before biometrics

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
3. After medical examination has been given, how will IRCC notify us that the results has been received and medical examination has been passed? Approximately how long it takes?
About a week, it will update on ecas Medical Received and gckey says Medical Passed.

Reactions: raju735