+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MARCH 2020 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

ManBhawan

Star Member
Jun 9, 2020
I’ve been watching everyone get a speculation out of the woodwork , We’ve protested this , Mendicino has been bombarded with tweets and emails. It is clear that the situation is beyond his control or even abilities , if it was easy he’d have released a statement , as simple as that .

now instead of tuning into “ what party is coming to the rescue “ , i’ll try share with you one or two pieces of info that can give you a sneak peak in the quietly working immigration .

My wife submitted my application (outland) first week of march , now for the Record i had had other visits to Canada before ie : i had applied to immigration before , hence i have a UCI from my previous applications . So i used it to check if maybe somehow my sponsorship would be in system using ecas .

so i went on ecas (Google it and use the first link in the result ) and searched using my UCI and found that my PR application was received on March 6. I did try to link my paper application but invain . atleast it was a definitive confirmation that ‘somebody’ touched the package and did some preliminary work on it ( linking my UCI to the application )

This is hard for everyone i understand and my discoveries are no redemption , however i had no hope of even getting confirmation that my file is there given how many agents my wife talked to with no luck .

This too shall pass . If you’re a believer pray that your family/spouse stays clear of covid and healthy . After all we’re fighting a winning battle .

i wish a replenishment of Patience for all of you

God Bless
Can you please explain how did you write the UCI number with hyphen or just numbers.
Last name is it ALL caps or small,

trying to get our application status, but failed due to invalid data entry.

Though I did received temporary number for my husband's file fro the service agent on call,but wanna check status over ECAS. our application received on 12th March.

Thanks everyone in advance for your suggestions. hopefully we all get some updates by next month, as like all previous passed months, August is also gone with vanishing the left over hope for this moth.

Usr1997

Star Member
Jul 26, 2019
Can you please explain how did you write the UCI number with hyphen or just numbers.
Last name is it ALL caps or small,

trying to get our application status, but failed due to invalid data entry.

Though I did received temporary number for my husband's file fro the service agent on call,but wanna check status over ECAS. our application received on 12th March.

Thanks everyone in advance for your suggestions. hopefully we all get some updates by next month, as like all previous passed months, August is also gone with vanishing the left over hope for this moth.
For the UCI enter the number without Hyphens .

And in Regards to names Just Type them in the normal way ie : John Smith .

let me know how it goes for you

ManBhawan

Star Member
Jun 9, 2020
For the UCI enter the number without Hyphens .

And in Regards to names Just Type them in the normal way ie : John Smith .

let me know how it goes for you
Still same, either your application not in process yet or typo mistake

God knows what will happen next as once again the Corona cases are increasing, will it ever end???

Brownbeauty

Oct 24, 2013
If anyone needs help with this process I am willing to help as much as possible or at least share my experience. I wish that I would have had more people to talk to about their experience and what to expect as I was going through this process. I am a Canadian citizen and I sponsored my Husband who is an American Citizen so that he could become a PR in Canada. He has lived in the US the whole time during our application process and continued working there. We submitted our full application Dec 20, 2019 and by March 06, 2020 we were told that a decision had been made and we were to send a copy of his passport and new pictures for his PR card. We did that right away and then the pandemic hit and the border closed and they froze any further work on our application. August 06, 2020 we received an update that our application was completed and his PR was approved. Our CoPR is currently being FedEx'd to him in the USA and will arrive tomorrow!! It kills me to think that he could have been here by the end of March if not for the pandemic but I am so grateful that this process is almost over! Chin up everyone! If you have any questions, I am happy to try to answer them :)
Beautiful, congratulations. Happy for both of you

Reactions: MartininPhoenix

saini1987

Oct 11, 2013
India
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
App. Filed.......
25-03-2020
My app received 25th March, tried to link it in ecas with payment receipt number but still its not in their system. Now my doubt is as i have previously applied under student program which was refused but have a UCI number on it, i used a representative that time but they filled the forms wrongly, means i don't have any family name but they put my last name in the family name field and in the spousal pr application, i filled it correctly with full name in given name area and LNU in the family name fields.
If the UCI number remains the same will they correctly fill the details in their system like i sent them in the spousal app or it will remain the same as old ones? Or I'll get a new UCI number?

Jul 18, 2017
My app received 25th March, tried to link it in ecas with payment receipt number but still its not in their system. Now my doubt is as i have previously applied under student program which was refused but have a UCI number on it, i used a representative that time but they filled the forms wrongly, means i don't have any family name but they put my last name in the family name field and in the spousal pr application, i filled it correctly with full name in given name area and LNU in the family name fields.
If the UCI number remains the same will they correctly fill the details in their system like i sent them in the spousal app or it will remain the same as old ones? Or I'll get a new UCI number?
they will go by the UCI number. Regarding the family name, it will be what is shown on your passport, I think.

hasanselim

Jun 21, 2018
I am PR. I am going to sponsor my 2 year's Baby under family class sponsorship. Do I pay bio-metric fee for the child? Can I pay the application fee online how long before the application submission?

Gam14

Mar 18, 2020
I wrote to IRCC via webform (I think that is what it is called). I explained the situation to them and their response was for me to send a Use of Representative form. They knew I was the sponsor etc etc. But I am thinking because I am not the applicant they won't disclose info. In any event I sent them the Use of Representative form from my application package and gave them more information. They replied this morning telling me that because it is 90 days old I need to submit a new one. This is a comedy of errors. They took my money, I am the sponsor and now have to provide a new form. All I want to know is did you receive the application in CPC Sydney which was sent by me, my name, my address, paid for by me and here they are wasting time and clogging up the communication pathways. They say with COVID they are being more lenient. Maybe someone should tell them that.
I cannot believe the clown show that this is. When I applied for my husband's TRV and sent in webform etc it was smooth and easy.
All I can do is laugh. I have to jump through hoops online, can never get through on the phone.
For my husband to sign and scan and send me a new Use of Rep form during Covid in his country will be more difficult. I guess they don't comprehend this and think everyone has computers and scanners at their disposal. :(

Amalthea

May 27, 2014
Vancity
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2014
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
Med's Done....
08-07-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
29-05-2015
LANDED..........
18-06-2015
I wrote to IRCC via webform (I think that is what it is called). I explained the situation to them and their response was for me to send a Use of Representative form. They knew I was the sponsor etc etc. But I am thinking because I am not the applicant they won't disclose info. In any event I sent them the Use of Representative form from my application package and gave them more information. They replied this morning telling me that because it is 90 days old I need to submit a new one. This is a comedy of errors. They took my money, I am the sponsor and now have to provide a new form. All I want to know is did you receive the application in CPC Sydney which was sent by me, my name, my address, paid for by me and here they are wasting time and clogging up the communication pathways. They say with COVID they are being more lenient. Maybe someone should tell them that.
I cannot believe the clown show that this is. When I applied for my husband's TRV and sent in webform etc it was smooth and easy.
All I can do is laugh. I have to jump through hoops online, can never get through on the phone.
For my husband to sign and scan and send me a new Use of Rep form during Covid in his country will be more difficult. I guess they don't comprehend this and think everyone has computers and scanners at their disposal. :(

Order your case notes this way and they have 30 days to comply.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/how-to-order-gcms-notes-step-by-step-process.513893/

ManBhawan

Star Member
Jun 9, 2020
We are stressed out , but this kind of unrealistic nonsense response sometimes made me laugh .
Even I sent the same inquiry they asked to send the representative form to disclose the info. When i wrote back to them ,that we have already sent it with our file, then their response was to send the new one .

I guess the ircc agents have nothing to do except back and forth conversations.

Reactions: Gam14

RamGopinath

Sep 9, 2016
Hello Guys
I was able to call IRCC and the agent was able to provide me with the Temporary File Number starting with X. My application was received on 21-March-2020. It is a big sigh of relief that it has not been lost.
She did mention next step would be to receive AOR1 and file number will remain the same minus the X.
As per the agent- the documents were complete and hence given the temp file number. If not it would have beenreturned (this contradicts what IRCC mentioned that they will not return any file for missing documents).

Shortcut to reach an agent will be 1888-242-211 and 2-1-0.

All the best to all my friends!
hi,
I,m glad that you are able to reach to some agent. But the number you have mentioned seems to be incomplete.
Can you provide the complete contact number, so it will be helpful for others too.

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
Just send the webform indicating your husband's email address, problem solved.
Thats what I did.
You must use the email address your husband provided in the original application. He will get reply to his email and after will resend to you.
No need for any stupid Representative forms.

ashoksharma02

Apr 18, 2019
Last edited:

Toby2020

Star Member
Jun 26, 2020
IRCC on my application:
It has not gone through the completeness check yet. Once the application is considered complete, it will then go into processing. The processing times are approximately 12 months. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html

As per this response processing time will start when the processing will start, after checking application is complete :(
No, it starts when the application is delivered in the mail room.

Reactions: LotusLeodis