+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MARCH 2020 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

Alwx

Star Member
Jun 11, 2020
Yes, because conservatives are famously pro-immigration SMH

Family sponsorship used to take 24 months under the Harper administration, under the Liberal administration that shrunk to ~12 months, but sure #novoteliberal is gonna solve your problems lol

You should probably look to the NDP if you want politicians that care about you. Erin O'Toole certainly does not.
It took my friend to sponsor his wife in six months after submitting application in 2011

Reactions: lovely89

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014
Yes, because conservatives are famously pro-immigration SMH

Family sponsorship used to take 24 months under the Harper administration, under the Liberal administration that shrunk to ~12 months, but sure #novoteliberal is gonna solve your problems lol

You should probably look to the NDP if you want politicians that care about you. Erin O'Toole certainly does not.
Jenny Kwan from NDP had launched a petition Petition=e-2747 (https://petitions.ourcommons.ca/en/Petition/Details?Petition=e-2747), but there is no update on that till now. Not sure which party can help us during these times, where everyone is focused to take down liberals government using We charity issue.

simran5590

Nov 27, 2019
Jenny Kwan from NDP had launched a petition Petition=e-2747 (https://petitions.ourcommons.ca/en/Petition/Details?Petition=e-2747), but there is no update on that till now. Not sure which party can help us during these times, where everyone is focused to take down liberals government using We charity issue.
We met her in the Vancouver protests on August 8th. She said the the discussion was gonna happen in September unless we can get 1 conservative and 1 liberal MP to do an emergency immigration committee meeting in August. But that did not happened. And now liberals have shut down the parliament till october. She is very active. If you guys do not know we have a group on FB, WhatsApp and Twitter and we tweet almost everyday tagging Marco Mendicino and other politicians using the hashtag #prioritizefamilysponsorship. You can join to as well. Tuesday Twitter storm 12 noon - 2 pm EST is specially our time to tweet.
And Jenny Kwan has told us to mention her in our tweets and specially share our stories tagging her.

mahtax

Star Member
Dec 26, 2019
My gut tells me once they perfect online apps etc we will probably have faster processing times then we had even right before covid 19

But it won't help current apps as much all of em need to be hand scanned
It's kind of nuts that this wasn't all online to begin with. Print pdf, sign pdf, send by snail mail, when it could all just be e-mailed or uploaded to a website. Insane.

I guess these things take time.

smbr

Star Member
Mar 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Beijing
Guys ...

I honestly believe its just due to COVID.

I sponsored my Mom and Dad in May 2018 (application received 22nd May 2018) and they both got DM ( Decision Made) on 10th December 2018
When the processing time in 2018 for parents and grandparents was 24 months.

Now sponsoring my spouse... Application received 30th March 2020and no AOR received!

:(

Last edited:

sh33p

Star Member
Mar 14, 2020
My gut tells me once they perfect online apps etc we will probably have faster processing times then we had even right before covid 19

But it won't help current apps as much all of em need to be hand scanned
I suspect they'll scan the apps into the new system. They can get companies to do all the scanning. I bet their new system involves digital corrections. For instance, if someone makes a mistake, they ask for a digital copy of the document. Probably why they're not sending packages back now.

KingQueenD

Apr 2, 2019
And my brother sponsored in 8 months under Harper as well
Yes but did they get their Pr right away. Or they had to wait 2 years conservatives dont care about immigration. Our best bet is Ndp.But covid has messed and delayed things so much.

saini1987

Oct 11, 2013
India
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
App. Filed.......
25-03-2020
Someone again edited aor1 dates in the tracker. 1st user received it in march itself but is now changed to august date.