+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MARCH 2020 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

sh33p

Star Member
Mar 14, 2020
My application was delivered on March 19th and i was also told that my application is not in the system yet. I know someone whose application was received on March 13th and he got a temporary file number . I think applications received in the first 2 weeks of March or so were put in the system with the temporary file number.
Delivered March 17th. No temporary file number.

Last edited:

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
So I called them they said they are still receiving Applications in February. I told that sure, you can do whatever, I sent my file and it arrived in March. I told them I know some people in March have got temporary application numbers, can you check if my application is in your system? They asked my details and my spouse details and then gave me a temporary application number.

That wasn't enough for me, I needed to double confirm. I then sent a web form asking about my situation, didn't tell them about temporary application number, I got a reply back saying they have received the application and when they have reviewed it in the order they received it and when they deem its a complete application an email will be sent out.

So if you are calling them, and they say processing only Jan, Feb, March whatever, I would suggest to give your details and ask the agent to check if they have something in the file for you. Until now, not knowing anything, I thought worst case my application was lost and I would have to resend it (even though it was signed for by some Adam), now I have temporary number which means someone opened my file, its somewhere, its better than nothing I guess.
When was your delivered to them?

Fizz 2020

May 20, 2020
Mine was delivered on 19th march and did not get temporary file number ..i guess till 14th march they got temporary file number .

ddzel

Star Member
Feb 17, 2020
My partner is coming to Canada mid September under the family reunification exemption. He is visa exempt as he is from Australia. We only booked a one way ticket as we plan to keep him here as a visitor until PR is processed. Does anybody know if it will be an issue that we did not book a return flight? What do you suggest we should do?

NavO3

Aug 13, 2020
I called cic today and they said they are reviewing all the documents if everything is complete or not then they will send the file number but i got the temporary file number but you cant link it. Its just for reference i guess

Reactions: lovely89

lovely89

Star Member
May 8, 2020
My partner is coming to Canada mid September under the family reunification exemption. He is visa exempt as he is from Australia. We only booked a one way ticket as we plan to keep him here as a visitor until PR is processed. Does anybody know if it will be an issue that we did not book a return flight? What do you suggest we should do?
I suggest to book a flexible return flight ticket just in case they ask at the border when your partner is coming back. I don't think it's a good idea to say he'll stay there until having the PR processed. Being a flexible ticket you could change it or ask for a refund after he is in Canada.

lovely89

Star Member
May 8, 2020
I called cic today and they said they are reviewing all the documents if everything is complete or not then they will send the file number but i got the temporary file number but you cant link it. Its just for reference i guess
This is a good answer because at least they said they are reviewing your documents. I've heard some of the workers returned back (hopefully). Could you tell me please when was your application received at their offices?

Reactions: Toby2020

Angel138

Jun 24, 2020
it was received on march 27....
My application was received on March 19th. The last time i called them was in the beginning of July and they said that its not in the system yet. I dont know how are they processing it or if they just lost my application

lovely89

Star Member
May 8, 2020
My application was received on March 19th. The last time i called them was in the beginning of July and they said that its not in the system yet. I dont know how are they processing it or if they just lost my application
It might be a good idea to call again, one month has passed and if your application appears now it could mean they are starting to work again