+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MARCH 2020 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

kharthik24

Star Member
Jun 15, 2020
Toronto
Question on this—we had anticipated that our AOR would be returned by now. We are selling our house and are now afraid that by the time we move we will still not have the AOR. Will an email get sent to the sponsor if for some reason the application is sent back or rejected? We will have mail forwarding but just want to know what to expect on when they will email versus won’t email.
I might be wrong, but I think they said, they would not return incomplete applications or something like that due to covid. I think they will just ask you for supplemental things they require. Don't quote me on this, buts its just what I have been reading.

Angel138

Jun 24, 2020
I might be wrong, but I think they said, they would not return incomplete applications or something like that due to covid. I think they will just ask you for supplemental things they require. Don't quote me on this, buts its just what I have been reading.
I have also read that they wont be returning incomplete applications received during pandemic , not sure what's gonna be the process there.
The general process is that they mail the whole application back to the sponsor if its missing any documents or signatures. They email the AOR if the application is complete.

bian07

May 19, 2017
I'd really hope that after making us all wait for so many months they would be more lenient when it comes to that and just request updated forms or missing documents to be sent in via webform, instead of sending the whole application back.

Reactions: KATHIA08

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
IRCC clearly mentioned that applications received during pandemic will not be returned if missing any document .
We don't have many examples of how they will do this in practice. The instructions I believe also said that applicants should note which documents are missjng due to covid.

And they said nothing about, for example, if an application is filled out incorrectly.

So I don't think one can rely on applications not being returned.

As far as I am aware, if they do return, it is by post and with no email.

MNtoBC

Aug 9, 2020
We don't have many examples of how they will do this in practice. The instructions I believe also said that applicants should note which documents are missjng due to covid.

And they said nothing about, for example, if an application is filled out incorrectly.

So I don't think one can rely on applications not being returned.

As far as I am aware, if they do return, it is by post and with no email.
I should have specified that we were able to get all the documentation in because we mailed it right before covid hit and shut things done. So more looking for if there’s a wrong answer somewhere on the forms does that get returned by mail with no email or so they just email to ask you to correct the incorrect field?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I should have specified that we were able to get all the documentation in because we mailed it right before covid hit and shut things done. So more looking for if there’s a wrong answer somewhere on the forms does that get returned by mail with no email or so they just email to ask you to correct the incorrect field?
Only real answer is No-one knows and would depend on the error. I recall, for example, that some have been returned for not being signed properly.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
It’ll be really cold of them to send back applications now after 5+ months of just sitting there.
I'm not suggesting that they will - but for the poster, the bottom line is that they cannot be sure until they receive the AOR1.

Certainly in the case of trivial errors or oversights they seem to be reasonable. But signatures - for example - have legal meaning and they can be more strict.

Reactions: Toby2020 and MNtoBC

harshivbarot

Apr 23, 2020
Would it be a good move/worth trying to apply for TRV/Visitor Visa considering the delay in our Spousal Application?
The online applications are being processed pretty quick. I wonder if they will go easy.

lovely89

Star Member
May 8, 2020
Would it be a good move/worth trying to apply for TRV/Visitor Visa considering the delay in our Spousal Application?
The online applications are being processed pretty quick. I wonder if they will go easy.
Trying it you won't lose anything, but just read the comments before. Processing times now are more than 4 months, sometimes they make exceptions and they refuse it the next day without reading the application.
I'd say chances to get it are 1% for the spouses, it depends about the mood of the officiant that day.
I tried 7 weeks ago and still no answers and each week they add 7 days more to the general processing time of the website. My hopes to get the answer before november are zero, not even knowing if they will approve it.
Good luck!

Reactions: harshivbarot

darshaknir

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
dont bother unless you want to lose 100$$ i tried and got rejected in less than 24 hours! those mfs

sh33p

Star Member
Mar 14, 2020
I have also read that they wont be returning incomplete applications received during pandemic , not sure what's gonna be the process there.
The general process is that they mail the whole application back to the sponsor if its missing any documents or signatures. They email the AOR if the application is complete.
Mailing back the whole application if something is missing is ridiculous. If it's one document missing, just email the sponsor and have them mail/email in the doc. Save on postage etc.

sh33p

Star Member
Mar 14, 2020
The funniest thing is that most of the flights from Europe like Lufthansa are not operating because they say there are no passengers ! Mine was cancelled three times so far! I really do not know how the country back to normal but still immigration and entering to Canada is restricted ?!!. We are really stock here.
Where are you flying out of?