+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MARCH 2020 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

kharthik24

Star Member
Jun 15, 2020
Toronto
What is a temporary Application Number? If a temporary number is given, does that mean someone has opened your package and is looking at it? When does temporary become actual application number which is linkable?

OmarSarfraz

Jul 25, 2014
Looking at the spreadsheet, prior to covid impact, like looking at jan 2020 outland and feb 2020 outland, like from the date of receiving, 2 months later, it has moved pretty far. Only hope for us is that we are on top of the pile as march when things get back to full speed again.
If thats the case then why are people waiting for 3 years? Does their application have some issue?

kharthik24

Star Member
Jun 15, 2020
Toronto
I am not sure, definitely some people does take longer, but I am just going off the spreadsheet. People in Jan/Feb made a lot of progress across that spreadsheet. I am just curious, if so much progress has been made in less than 2 months, that the latter part (the remaining columns) take like many months then?

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
I am not sure, definitely some people does take longer, but I am just going off the spreadsheet. People in Jan/Feb made a lot of progress across that spreadsheet. I am just curious, if so much progress has been made in less than 2 months, that the latter part (the remaining columns) take like many months then?
Yes, it starts fast out the gate in Sydney (AOR1, SA, Bio, Med, Criminality, transfer to VO) then suddenly it stops...its the security clearance that CSIS does that takes forever and also some VO's are extremely slow working on eligibility. If VO decides to schedule an interview, that's also additional time.

Reactions: armoured

OmarSarfraz

Jul 25, 2014
Yes, it starts fast out the gate in Sydney (AOR1, SA, Bio, Med, Criminality, transfer to VO) then suddenly it stops...its the security clearance that CSIS does that takes forever and also some VO's are extremely slow working on eligibility. If VO decides to schedule an interview, that's also additional time.
Student visa's are getting approved within 2 months even during Pandemic!!!

• Wow
Reactions: Phalos

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
Bc International student's tuition is 3 times higher than Canadian's. It is the biggest business for the government.
same in ON and I think the rest of Canada same 3x higher...
government only does whats in its interest to stay in power and/or make money. for example, CERB for all people who had some sort of employment before Covid $2000/month....all other people (unemployed, on welfare , on disability , etc) get nothing. there is always some discrimination against some group...why do people on disability dont deserve the same standard as working people during a Pandemic...2nd class citizens policy, etc.

shz86

Apr 4, 2020
The funniest thing is that most of the flights from Europe like Lufthansa are not operating because they say there are no passengers ! Mine was cancelled three times so far! I really do not know how the country back to normal but still immigration and entering to Canada is restricted ?!!. We are really stock here.

Reactions: lovely89

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Student visa's are getting approved within 2 months even during Pandemic!!!
I think it’s because there’s more to a PR application compared to TRVs. I however never understood why other PR streams are processed quicker (6months), even when there’s an accompanying dependent (spouse)

maxayma

May 11, 2020
I think it’s because there’s more to a PR application compared to TRVs. I however never understood why other PR streams are processed quicker (6months), even when there’s an accompanying dependent (spouse)
The main difference and the main concern of the IRCC would be evaluating if the relationship is genuine. Other procedures like security and background checks will be the same. Also for express entry for example it is easy and straight forward you get a core based on each formal documents submitted online.

MNtoBC

Aug 9, 2020
It will be sent to the sponsor's email and once the application is linked to an account online, all the updates are sent to the account.
Question on this—we had anticipated that our AOR would be returned by now. We are selling our house and are now afraid that by the time we move we will still not have the AOR. Will an email get sent to the sponsor if for some reason the application is sent back or rejected? We will have mail forwarding but just want to know what to expect on when they will email versus won’t email.