Oct 11, 2013
India
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
App. Filed.......
25-03-2020
My app was received on 25th march but there was signature on it.

sh33p

Star Member
Mar 14, 2020
Just had a look through the Immigration Canada RFP they let out in May, 2020. I've listed the key objectives below. The Solicitation Number is B9220-210014/A, and the name is "Digital Services-Urgent for COVID19".

I don't believe they've forgotten about all the applications that have been submitted. The RFP outlines below what they're working on. I think what they're going to do is setup/improve their current databases, and develop their digital intake solutions (minimal paper forms after that. Some people will need paper forms, but most will do it digitally). After this they will scan our forms into the database, using something like Xtracta. There's numerous companies that can do that, and do it fast.

Going digital *should* be much improved. For instance if someone makes a mistake on their application, they just need to be notified by email, and they can just upload whatever into the system. However, by going digital, there *should* be less of a chance in making mistakes, if you have forms that validation of some form in them. They would be insane not to have that.

I could be wrong, but I think once they get this up to speed, they will get caught up on the backlog and process much faster than before. Now, I could be completely wrong here.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Contractor must provide methodologies, tools, processes, technical capabilities, solutions and a team
of qualified resources, as and when requested, to:

a) Develop Digital Intake Solutions – including the provision and implementation of digital intake
tools to reduce/replace physical presence and paper based requirements for client services and
processing with digital alternatives;

b) Develop and Implement Physical Distancing Required Digital Tools - including the provision
and implementation of tools to address new physical distancing requirements, reducing physical
presence requirements of both our clients and employees with digital alternatives (i.e. online
citizenship testing, virtual interviewing, etc.);

c) Implement Robotic Process Automation (RPA) – including RPA solutions to rapidly automate
simple, high volume processes, dealing with employee shortages as well as allowing employees
to focus on more complex and sensitive cases.

d) Analytics Solutions – including data analytics solutions to provide insights into operational
volumes and processing capacities to allow IRCC to effectively respond to rapid changes in the
Canadian and Global situation.

e) Cybersecurity Strategy and Services – including the provision of tools and strategic advice to
address IRCC’s increased Cybersecurity threat as a result of COVID-19.

f) Legacy Integration Solutions – including the provision of technology solutions to integrate
digital tools and solutions with our legacy case management system environment (GCMS
Integration); and

g) Advisory Services – including the provision of advisory services to help manage the initiatives
and respond to emerging operational challenges as a result of COVID-19.

Reactions: smbr and singleman

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Has anyone received any update? I saw 2 March outland applicants get temporary application numbers when they called CIC.

Last edited:

ddzel

Star Member
Feb 17, 2020
Hi all, my partner and I applied Outland because we thought it would be quicker. He is now coming to Canada as a visitor since there has been no movement and we’re not sure how much longer this process will take and we were wondering if there are any type of options for a work permit while we wait for the application to be processed. Has anyone else done this?

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Rest assured your app hasnt been even touched yet. Your envelope is still sealed and collecting dust in a huge pile with other applicants (march, april, may june, july, august.....)
Rest assured your app hasnt been even touched yet. Your envelope is still sealed and collecting dust in a huge pile with other applicants (march, april, may june, july, august.....)
The waiting is tough....There is one lucky applicant (and may be there are others) who got their AOR before COVID started and their app is now in background check

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Hi all, my partner and I applied Outland because we thought it would be quicker. He is now coming to Canada as a visitor since there has been no movement and we’re not sure how much longer this process will take and we were wondering if there are any type of options for a work permit while we wait for the application to be processed. Has anyone else done this?
If they can get a job offer they can apply for a closed work permit. Will have to have LMIA as well

KATHIA08

Jun 15, 2020
When do I request your TRV?

hibijibi

Oct 16, 2019
when did you apply and how long it took for you to get the TRV ? I am also planning the same.

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
The waiting is tough....There is one lucky applicant (and may be there are others) who got their AOR before COVID started and their app is now in background check
Yes I am that "lucky one". Aor, med, bio, criminality all passed. So how exactly am I lucky explain please.

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
What date did they get that? Since mid March I haven't heard of anyone getting anything from ircc
Sent application on March 2 got AOR March 12, was able to get info of background check 4 days ago.

But she had previously applied in Jan and her application was returned and they resubmit in March

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Yes I am that "lucky one". Aor, med, bio, criminality all passed. So how exactly am I lucky explain please.
Congrats for at least getting to that stage of the process. Some of us don’t even know if our applications will get AOR or be returned. Not sure when you applied but if you applied in March like the rest of us and your application is in that stage then yes you are lucky. We are all frustrated with the wait, no need to be rude.

Reactions: Toby2020