File Transfer...
23-01-2021
Med's Request
18-09-2020
Med's Done....
23-09-2020
Passport Req..
13-07-2021
India VO processes cases quickly. In the tracker, it is mostly Indians who receive DMs.
People will get mad at you for this observation. Tread lightly. They say that there are more Indian submissions overall therefore it looks that way here. Or they'll tell you that maybe the amount of people who find this forum seems to be of that decent over any other. Either way 'It's completely random and we should ignore what or eyes are telling our brains.

Either way we will all get that Golden ticket sooner or later.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
It is going by Nationality of the Principal applicant. Some people are getting processed faster while others are left in the dark with no updates at all!
People will get mad at you for this observation. Tread lightly. They say that there are more Indian submissions overall therefore it looks that way here. Or they'll tell you that maybe the amount of people who find this forum seems to be of that decent over any other. Either way 'It's completely random and we should ignore what or eyes are telling our brains.

Either way we will all get that Golden ticket sooner or later.
First, I agree it's appalling that they seem to have just decided to proceed with first-stage processing (eg AOR1) for more recent months without a far more serious effort to clear the backlog of files going back to March.

Second, after the AOR, some nationalities definitely ARE processed faster. Security issues, military service, history/likelihood of fraud from some countries, types of relationships, information sharing with home country, etc all vary considerably.

But: I've outlined many times that it's easy to perceive patterns of favouritism by nationality because of things like eg how many applicants from some countries apply and are active in this forum (Indians are a large percentage of immigration, more likely to be outland, language affects who participates here, etc). Esp when there is only partial data at the beginning of the process.

And when I've looked at the spreadsheet and other info for AOR process, I don't see anything obvious.

What I do see is: it seems they are 'discriminating' on the basis of what month applications were received. For whatever reason - more likely some internal processing / operational issues, perhaps management decisions about how to deal with the backlog (eg just call 2020 an annus horribilus and try to start over with apps beginning in Nov/Dec.)

I'm not defending that. While I don't think they have to abide by a strict first-in/first-out approach, it's utterly appalling to leave applicants from eg March-September hanging in limbo.

But I don't see clear indications this is based on nationality at the AOR1 stage.

And yes, I'm one of those who doesn't like the implication and think the bar for making such a claim should be fairly high. "I heard a rumour" is NOT a good basis to make that claim.

DiiDii

Apr 8, 2019
Toronto Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston VO
App. Filed.......
01-23-2020
AOR Received.
02-06-2020
File Transfer...
23-01-2021
Med's Request
18-09-2020
Med's Done....
23-09-2020
Passport Req..
13-07-2021
First, I agree it's appalling that they seem to have just decided to proceed with first-stage processing (eg AOR1) for more recent months without a far more serious effort to clear the backlog of files going back to March.

Second, after the AOR, some nationalities definitely ARE processed faster. Security issues, military service, history/likelihood of fraud from some countries, types of relationships, information sharing with home country, etc all vary considerably.

But: I've outlined many times that it's easy to perceive patterns of favouritism by nationality because of things like eg how many applicants from some countries apply and are active in this forum (Indians are a large percentage of immigration, more likely to be outland, language affects who participates here, etc). Esp when there is only partial data at the beginning of the process.

And when I've looked at the spreadsheet and other info for AOR process, I don't see anything obvious.

What I do see is: it seems they are 'discriminating' on the basis of what month applications were received. For whatever reason - more likely some internal processing / operational issues, perhaps management decisions about how to deal with the backlog (eg just call 2020 an annus horribilus and try to start over with apps beginning in Nov/Dec.)

I'm not defending that. While I don't think they have to abide by a strict first-in/first-out approach, it's utterly appalling to leave applicants from eg March-September hanging in limbo.

But I don't see clear indications this is based on nationality at the AOR1 stage.

And yes, I'm one of those who doesn't like the implication and think the bar for making such a claim should be fairly high. "I heard a rumour" is NOT a good basis to make that claim.
Bingo!

STUNNA1

Apr 23, 2020
Just wondering if i would need to re-do PCC, as its been over a year and its now expired

Last edited:

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Just wondering if i would need to re-do PCC, as its been over a year and its not expired
IRCC will request if needed. Not worth trying to guess in advance.

The one caveat I'd say is if you are leaving home country and know that the pcc is very hard to get abroad and easy to get in country, sure, get another if you want. May not be needed but won't hurt to get. Probably not needed though.

(note there's no guarantee if you did this that the dates would be what ircc requires.)

NewUser12

Jun 20, 2020
Does anyone know what is going on about not getting any Passport requests since a long time ?
Got DM 40 days ago, but no PPR. [Submitted application in Mar2020].
It's all stuck. Need my wife here with me soon.

rrss13

Mar 24, 2020
Does anyone know what is going on about not getting any Passport requests since a long time ?
Got DM 40 days ago, but no PPR. [Submitted application in Mar2020].
It's all stuck. Need my wife here with me soon.
Same boat but need my husband here. Have you called them or anything?

NewUser12

Jun 20, 2020
Same boat but need my husband here. Have you called them or anything?
I think i should call them . Will do on Monday. This is going insane . This is really bad luck to be stuck in diff. countries due to COVID, when the plan was to enjoy life together. unexplainable feeling.

• Sad
Reactions: rrss13

rrss13

Mar 24, 2020
I think i should call them . Will do on Monday. This is going insane . This is really bad luck to be stuck in diff. countries due to COVID, when the plan was to enjoy life together. unexplainable feeling.
Let us know what they say. Agreed, the feeling of waiting for the last step - and that too taking so long is unbearable.

jasdeepkaur55

Jan 26, 2020
Hi everyone
For people who got their decision made, does anyone get anything from cic that says about the decision they made? In my case Ecas showing decision made from January 25 but got nothing informing what the decision is.

ddzel

Star Member
Feb 17, 2020
Hi everyone
For people who got their decision made, does anyone get anything from cic that says about the decision they made? In my case Ecas showing decision made from January 25 but got nothing informing what the decision is.
im in the same situation. Exams has said decision made since beginning ofJanuary. Gckey says still in progress and no further updates.

Reactions: jasdeepkaur55

Chad4lyphe

Jul 28, 2019
im in the same situation. Exams has said decision made since beginning ofJanuary. Gckey says still in progress and no further updates.
Really don't know how ircc pick applications to check an sent out AOR, how can it be possible that application receive as late as January 20 2021 receiving AOR an application from March an April 2020 is still waiting for AOR the system need to be fix, I pray for all of u that's waiting that u all get a update soon.

devmtl

Aug 25, 2017
Question for quebec applicants.

I've received CSQ. How should I send it Ottawa? There is no option to upload on GCkey.

Thank you