singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Thanks.

I guess first it will be Decision Made and then PPR.

Pre-Arrival Letter seems to be just an automated letter sent by IRCC, according to me. ECAS said that they started processing PAs app yesterday, so don't think the Background Check, Eligibility Check is done within a day.

I am looking at other people's app from last year and no one (PA: India) since November 2019 (post COVID lockdown) have received DM or PPR regardless of their VO being New Delhi, Mississauga, Ottawa.

So we are looking at a long wait...my estimated time is 2-3 months from now.
Good to hear. Please keep us informed it will be helpful for all. Thanks :) I also appreciate that you wrote your TIME LINE in your signatures area like I did

Reactions: Kayessgee

BnI

Star Member
Apr 1, 2020
Yes it does. You will need to log into GC Key...try using the below forum for help. If you have received AOR1 or SA...then you should for sure be able to login to GC Key.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/how-to-link-an-application-to-cic-account-step-by-step-instruction.619724/

AOR2 is just an acknowledgement from the VO that they have started processing PA's application.
Thanks, working now, didn't realize there was two different UIC numbers. Medical was passed on the 13th.

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
My REQUEST to all members :- Please add your timeline in your SIGNATURES area like I did or any other way . Its very easy . Thus we won't bother each other like; "what is your time line mate?" It is helpful for myself even , of course for others. Thank you all :)

computerscience23

Jul 4, 2020
Can anyone confirm if that's the kind of email you received once you submitted the webform for biometrics enrolment in India? When I filled out the webform, it didn't go through (no thank you page or anything). I got the ticket number in the email subject too (btw I didn't submit any query). But few minutes ago, I received this email from "info.canada@vfshelpline.com". Maybe it went through?

Dear Applicant,

Thank you for contacting the Canada Visa Application Centre (CVAC). This is an automated response to acknowledge your e-mail.

1) For customers who have applied for Biometrics Appointment – Your request for biometric enrolment appointment at your preferred Visa Application Center has been acknowledged. Our Call Center Team will share a confirmation with you on email with your appointment details. You must follow the below mentioned instructions for your scheduled appointment at the Canada Visa Application Centre, as applicable to you.

Kindly carry the below documents in hardcopy on the day of your appointment:

Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, the VAC may be implementing additional measures to ensure health and safety of applicants. Your safety is our priority. As part of the precautionary measures, customers visiting our Visa Application Centres may be subjected to body temperature checks to assess their health conditions and required to wear a face mask. Customers exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms, including fever (higher than 37.2 degrees Celsius), cough and difficulty breathing will be advised to seek medical attention at the nearest healthcare facility of their choice.

Apart from the safety procedures conducted, please note that accompanying persons will not be allowed inside building premises / Visa Application Centre.

2) For customers who have written into us for regular enquiries
We acknowledge your email & our team will get back to you at the earliest.
Our normal response time is 2 Business days (excluding weekends and public holidays as listed on our website) however, we request your understanding in the event of a delay. Our teams are working judiciously to provide you with the required information.

In case of further information on your Canada Visa Appointment You may contact us via email on info.canada@vfshelpline.comOR call our Canada Visa Information Helpline on: 18002668858 or 022-67866002 between 8:00 hrs. – 17:00 hrs.

We are open from Monday to Friday (excluding declared holidays listed on the website https://visa.vfsglobal.com/ind/en/can/attend-centre)

rrss13

Mar 24, 2020
Can anyone confirm if that's the kind of email you received once you submitted the webform for biometrics enrolment in India? When I filled out the webform, it didn't go through (no thank you page or anything). I got the ticket number in the email subject too (btw I didn't submit any query). But few minutes ago, I received this email from "info.canada@vfshelpline.com". Maybe it went through?

Dear Applicant,

Thank you for contacting the Canada Visa Application Centre (CVAC). This is an automated response to acknowledge your e-mail.

1) For customers who have applied for Biometrics Appointment – Your request for biometric enrolment appointment at your preferred Visa Application Center has been acknowledged. Our Call Center Team will share a confirmation with you on email with your appointment details. You must follow the below mentioned instructions for your scheduled appointment at the Canada Visa Application Centre, as applicable to you.

Kindly carry the below documents in hardcopy on the day of your appointment:

Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, the VAC may be implementing additional measures to ensure health and safety of applicants. Your safety is our priority. As part of the precautionary measures, customers visiting our Visa Application Centres may be subjected to body temperature checks to assess their health conditions and required to wear a face mask. Customers exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms, including fever (higher than 37.2 degrees Celsius), cough and difficulty breathing will be advised to seek medical attention at the nearest healthcare facility of their choice.

Apart from the safety procedures conducted, please note that accompanying persons will not be allowed inside building premises / Visa Application Centre.

2) For customers who have written into us for regular enquiries
We acknowledge your email & our team will get back to you at the earliest.
Our normal response time is 2 Business days (excluding weekends and public holidays as listed on our website) however, we request your understanding in the event of a delay. Our teams are working judiciously to provide you with the required information.

In case of further information on your Canada Visa Appointment You may contact us via email on info.canada@vfshelpline.comOR call our Canada Visa Information Helpline on: 18002668858 or 022-67866002 between 8:00 hrs. – 17:00 hrs.

We are open from Monday to Friday (excluding declared holidays listed on the website https://visa.vfsglobal.com/ind/en/can/attend-centre)
You need the appointment letter

NewUser12

Jun 20, 2020
I know i've asked this before, but this is making me anxious now.
If my spouse in India hasn't submitted biometrics or medicals yet, how does that impact the timeline??. Isn't everything else [background check, eligibility check. etc..] done in parallel ????
we're planning to get the medicals and biometrics done together in the next 2 weeks.

Mar 23 Applicant [PA in India]
Timeline :
MAR 23, 2020 : App Received
OCT 17, 2020 : AOR-1 e-mail
OCT 18, 2020 : SA e-mail
OCT 18, 2020 : Biom. e-mail [biom not submitted]
OCT 20, 2020 : Med e-mail [medicals not done]
OCT 29, 2020 : File sent to Ottawa e-mail
NOV 18, 2020: Started processing [as per online tool]
NOV 20, 2020 : Pre arrival letter [i don't even know if this means anything at all for processing times]
What's next ?

Gabrielmorrow

Apr 9, 2020
I know i've asked this before, but this is making me anxious now.
If my spouse in India hasn't submitted biometrics or medicals yet, how does that impact the timeline??. Isn't everything else [background check, eligibility check. etc..] done in parallel ????
we're planning to get the medicals and biometrics done together in the next 2 weeks.

Mar 23 Applicant [PA in India]
Timeline :
MAR 23, 2020 : App Received
OCT 17, 2020 : AOR-1 e-mail
OCT 18, 2020 : SA e-mail
OCT 18, 2020 : Biom. e-mail [biom not submitted]
OCT 20, 2020 : Med e-mail [medicals not done]
OCT 29, 2020 : File sent to Ottawa e-mail
NOV 18, 2020: Started processing [as per online tool]
NOV 20, 2020 : Pre arrival letter [i don't even know if this means anything at all for processing times]
What's next ?
Basicly means your paused until medical and biometrics done

Pre arrival. Pauses invomeplte apps so sooner medical and bio done the better

smbr

Star Member
Mar 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Beijing
Thank you :) Also, since the submit button wasn't working and I pressed it multiple times, now I got multiple acknowledgment emails. Would that be fine?
I don't think so that would be a problem. After the acknowledgment from VFS. You should have received 2 more emails.
1st email says - "you will receive the appointment letter"
2nd email - its from donotreply@vfshelpline.com. This email attachment has the appointment letter.

Hope this helps

:)

Last edited:
Reactions: computerscience23

computerscience23

Jul 4, 2020
I don't think so that would be a problem. After the acknowledgment from VFS. You should have received 2 more emails.
1st email says - "you will receive the appointment letter"
2nd email - its from donotreply@vfshelpline.com. This email attachment has the appointment letter.

Hope this helps

:)
ohh ok! one last question! how long did it take you to receive second email with actual appointment details? I chose New Delhi VAC.

smbr

Star Member
Mar 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Beijing
ohh ok! one last question! how long did it take you to receive second email with actual appointment details? I chose New Delhi VAC.
After submitting, I got the appointment letter the following day (about 24 hrs.) . But its for VFS Chandigarh. VFS Delhi may take more time to process.