+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MARCH 2020 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

Preenamit

Sep 23, 2020
Hi Guys, for those who got chance to give biometrics in India recently.. how long it take for the whole appointment once you reach VFS. We are going t0 Bangalore VFS this week! Thanks in advance.
I got free in 20 to 30 mins. (from entering vfs office to exiting). But I gave them in February 2020 and not recently.

RG_Ind

Star Member
Aug 25, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 20 2016
AOR Received.
Apr 20 2016
Med's Request
May 05 2016
Med's Done....
Up Front
Passport Req..
Oct 18 2016
I got free in 20 to 30 mins. (from entering vfs office to exiting). But I gave them in February 2020 and not recently.
Thank you so much.. will hope for the same but plan with some extra time just incase!

Boviesam

Jun 21, 2015
AOR Received.
06-05-2017
Even, we haven't received an email confirming the biometrics appointment. Just got a text message confirming the time on 25th Nov. FYI - VAC is Jalandhar, India.

Anyone in the same boat with no email confirmation/letter and just a text message?
Same here, just a text message on the phone. However, I've sent them an email yesterday asking for the letter. Hopefully, I'll get it on Monday when they open.

Akshi_Goswami

Dec 12, 2019
Same here, just a text message on the phone. However, I've sent them an email yesterday asking for the letter. Hopefully, I'll get it on Monday when they open.
Same here sent them an email regarding this issue.Just received an email that the appointment has been booked.Hoping the same for tommorow.

Reactions: gsingh80

Boviesam

Jun 21, 2015
AOR Received.
06-05-2017
Same here sent them an email regarding this issue.Just received an email that the appointment has been booked.Hoping the same for tommorow.
Yes hopefully, and another quick question, does AOR2 pretty much means the file is almost approved? I mean at this stage did we overcame the main hurdles and the only thing required is a BG check right?
Should i be relieved now?

Akshi_Goswami

Dec 12, 2019
Yes hopefully, and another quick question, does AOR2 pretty much means the file is almost approved? I mean at this stage did we overcame the main hurdles and the only thing required is a BG check right?
Should i be relieved now?
I guess BGC is quite relatively an important milestone because it identifies the genuineness of the relationship as per my understanding.
Majority of the chunk to be stressed out has been out of the window but we can expect a demand such as proof of contact or something (rarest of the rare worst case scenario)
Ps-my personal opinion only.

Boviesam

Jun 21, 2015
AOR Received.
06-05-2017
I guess BGC is quite relatively an important milestone because it identifies the genuineness of the relationship as per my understanding.
Majority of the chunk to be stressed out has been out of the window but we can expect a demand such as proof of contact or something (rarest of the rare worst case scenario)
Ps-my personal opinion only.
May I know how its exactly done. Earlier i thought BG check is only for the PA to make sure they are not involved in any criminal activity. Not sure, how else they confirm the genuineness of relationship after Sponsor Approval.

Akshi_Goswami

Dec 12, 2019
May I know how its exactly done. Earlier i thought BG check is only for the PA to make sure they are not involved in any criminal activity. Not sure, how else they confirm the genuineness of relationship after Sponsor Approval.
I agree, crimimal activities are obviously a part of BGC, also i believe sponsor apporval is for the condition such as sponsor's status in Canada (criminal, residing while applying, not sponsored within 5 years of span etc and all those check boxes while filling the form of the sponsor)

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Got appointment for Biometric in India. for 25th Nov in Ahmedabad.
Please tell us how their Appointment letter looks like? As they ONLY sent anSMS to wife and another letter with her details. However that letter again advising her to go to webform.>then her full biom details etc.. Is that what they call Apptt.. letter with no date +time in it?

Reactions: Akshi_Goswami