+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2020 - Feb 2021

Nvd

Star Member
Jan 23, 2021
Didn't hear anything like that. My friend recently did it and got the return AWB number from a VFS email titled "Requested additional details" just like the old procedure.
Can ircc call agent make a note in our file that the applicant is making frequent calls regarding application status update and Passport request?

Ironclad

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2020
Canada
Can ircc call agent make a note in our file that the applicant is making frequent calls regarding application status update and Passport request?
It's not decided by the agent as it's automatic, once the call is picked up and when the UCI number is put in to check the status it'll create a record.

Nvd

Star Member
Jan 23, 2021
It's not decided by the agent as it's automatic, once the call is picked up and when the UCI number is put in to check the status it'll create a record.
I called last friday nd then i called yesterday nd yesterday agent told me that u called on Friday to check the status of your application nd i said yes nd then he asked my what did the agent told you on friday about your application status nd then i told him that he told me everything is passed but final decision is awaited nd i also asked about PPR Nd he said PPR is not started now nd there is delay in PPR due to covid - 19. So then yesterday i said to the agent that i just want to know the when the passport request will be sent nd the agent said we have no timeline for the passport request letter right now nd then i said this is all i want to know about the PPR. Than i hang up the call

jbdot0941

Jan 23, 2019
Didn't hear anything like that. My friend recently did it and got the return AWB number from a VFS email titled "Requested additional details" just like the old procedure.
Got the passport but, the dates only show from the day it was approved until the date mentioned in my GCMS notes from Nov 2020 which adds upto 14 months.
I started my studies in Fall of 2020 and completed the first sem online while at home.
Will I still be eligible for 3yr PGWP now that they've announced that 100% can be completed online and still be eligible for PGWP

sammysammy

Star Member
Jan 25, 2021
No update since BVL recieved
Applied: Feb 2020/Online Regular Stream
Medical: March 5 medical passed
Biometrics: March 18 completed
No AIP
BVL: recieved Jan 21 2021 but it was dated April 29 2020

Is this a good sign? Need some insights. Thanks in advance!

Ironclad

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2020
Canada
Got the passport but, the dates only show from the day it was approved until the date mentioned in my GCMS notes from Nov 2020 which adds upto 14 months.
I started my studies in Fall of 2020 and completed the first sem online while at home.
Will I still be eligible for 3yr PGWP now that they've announced that 100% can be completed online and still be eligible for PGWP
Rules regarding study permits have always been dynamic but easygoing for other categories. It's unclear regarding the 50% part for CRS points as the minimum 8 months criteria inside Canada is necessary. I wouldn't trust IRCC with their volatile rules and suggest you to enter Canada as soon as possible if you have in-person classes if you ask me. It's up to you though.

No guarantees regarding the practicalities of officially PGWP being approved in the future even after completing 100% online, won't be surprised if PGWP people will be tied to travel restriction labeling as non-essential or increased quarantine prices due to another wave of COVID-19 . One needs to get out of their comfort zone to fully utilise the study permit to its's privelage. 100% online learning is no honor but a curse.

Last edited:
Reactions: jbdot0941

Laml_aml

Apr 20, 2020
@Ironclad I'm a November 2020 applicant wd complete file (sds) & medical update in gc key. But I hv not received AIP. Medical gap is more than 4 weeks . What do you think about my application?

Sterlinguser

Feb 9, 2020
Hi everyone,
Just wanted to share my timeline, hope this will be insightful to anyone who's on the same boat.

Summer 2020 SDS Application - Submitted online in March 2020 with upfront medicals (got them done beforehand to save time.)
Received Biometrics request the next day - Enrolled and Completed in 2 days.

Deferral to Fall 2020 - AIP in August 2020 from CPC Edmonton.
GCMS shows everything passed and VO satisfied for approval in June 2020 - OPR created in August but inactive.
Meanwhile, Medicals expired in October.

Countless webforms and emails to CPCs - Didn't get any useful info.

Received Medical request again in Jan 2021 -Passed and status updated in 2 days.
February 1 2021 - Received both BVL and OPR.

Submitted the webform on VFS website for Passport Pickup and Payment link. I'm hoping to hearing back from them in 48hrs.
Will keep updating this post.
Good Luck, people.
First of all congratulation buddy!
I am also somewhat in the similar position Applied in March 2020, got AIP in August 2020, GCMS states eligibility approved and also OPR in outgoing. However the wait for OPR has not yet ended for me.
Could you please mention your application date?

Abdullahi98

Star Member
Mar 17, 2020
Hi everyone,
Just wanted to share my timeline, hope this will be insightful to anyone who's on the same boat.

Summer 2020 SDS Application - Submitted online in March 2020 with upfront medicals (got them done beforehand to save time.)
Received Biometrics request the next day - Enrolled and Completed in 2 days.

Deferral to Fall 2020 - AIP in August 2020 from CPC Edmonton.
GCMS shows everything passed and VO satisfied for approval in June 2020 - OPR created in August but inactive.
Meanwhile, Medicals expired in October.

Countless webforms and emails to CPCs - Didn't get any useful info.

Received Medical request again in Jan 2021 -Passed and status updated in 2 days.
February 1 2021 - Received both BVL and OPR.

Submitted the webform on VFS website for Passport Pickup and Payment link. I'm hoping to hearing back from them in 48hrs.
Will keep updating this post.
Good Luck, people.
So you did ur medical twice?

lj12

Star Member
Mar 5, 2021
SDS
Upfront - February 19
Application Lodged - March 5
Biometrics Completed - March 8
Medical Passed: March 12
Background Check: Processing