+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

gregbro

Sep 10, 2020
Does anyone know when to expect the Oath/Ceremony letter? It is scheduled for Dec. 10 but no oath letter received yet. Is it sent to home address or email?

mhd10

Star Member
Oct 15, 2016
Does anyone know when to expect the Oath/Ceremony letter? It is scheduled for Dec. 10 but no oath letter received yet. Is it sent to home address or email?
There is no exact timeline but based on what myself and many other applicants here experiencd, you can expect an email less than a week before your ceremony date. For some, it was even sent 1 or 2 says before the ceremony date. So most likely you would have to wait until december to expect it.

gregbro

Sep 10, 2020
There is no exact timeline but based on what myself and many other applicants here experiencd, you can expect an email less than a week before your ceremony date. For some, it was even sent 1 or 2 says before the ceremony date. So most likely you would have to wait until december to expect it.
Thank you. I just wanted to make sure I didn't missed it in my email.

aaq94

Sep 26, 2021
Hey guys, I've got a question about the citizenship ceremony..
So, mine is supposed to be on Nov 16th, got the update about that months ago on the app status tracker. But since then nothing. I know we have to present some documents and what not, but they still haven't contacted me anything at all about the ceremony. What documents do I present and what's the procedure since it's online, do I show the documents in the ceremony..?
Or do we upload them somewhere before the ceremony?

Also, do we receive the citizenship certificate by mail before the virtual ceremony?

Thanks!

ziyoufeixiang

Star Member
Feb 25, 2016
I am not sure if they hold more than one ceremony per day in different provinces. In one ceremony they can have applicants from multiple provinces, though. To have two oaths in the same day and in the same province/office, that's unlikely.
and I won't be surprised if they hold only one oath ceremony per week.

ballerbluezen

Dec 21, 2019
Congrats. 100+ people is a good number. I mostly say < 50 people per ceremony. Also, 90 minutes for 100 people is a remarkable time (not long).
Thanks! Yes to be fair with Calgary Office, they were really efficient. You'll know that different officials where managing the registration as they put their initials in each applicant's zoom username (seat number/ name / initials of who did the registration), after you're done in the break out room, so there were a great number of initials (forgot how many).

For the number of participants, some folks in the waiting room, were counting the participants and were chatting about it. So it's true that it's possible that they can manage over a 100+ people.

Last edited:
Reactions: CaBeaver

Munt_007

Star Member
Mar 18, 2020
Is it online ceremony or physical one?

Prabjot

Star Member
Dec 7, 2010
Hi posting again in case someone can help please.

I applied for citizenship in March 2020. I am a frequent traveler to US. I was asked to submit I94 entry/exit details but I94 website only have last 100 entries. I have too many more trips in last 5 years. So I requested FOIA. But it came with only few records from2015-2017 only and have many missing and incorrect entries. I have submitted the appeal now nd waiting.

Can anyone please suggest if they were in similar situation? Or suggest what can be done?

Thanks for the help here!

Bumping up in case anyone have any experience .....

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
and I won't be surprised if they hold only one oath ceremony per week.
I think they started to realize one ceremony a week is not going to clear the oath backlog, and will create a greater one. I can speak for the Montreal office, only recently they scheduled oath almost every day form Nov 2 until Nov 12, as reported by someone who followed the oath dates on the spreadsheet. I hope they keep this momentum, otherwise, the wait will be very long.

ziyoufeixiang

Star Member
Feb 25, 2016
I think they started to realize one ceremony a week is not going to clear the oath backlog, and will create a greater one. I can speak for the Montreal office, only recently they scheduled oath almost every day form Nov 2 until Nov 12, as reported by someone who followed the oath dates on the spreadsheet. I hope they keep this momentum, otherwise, the wait will be very long.

thanks for the updates.
Was that because of the appointment of the new minister of IRCC? The previous minister messed up everything at IRCC.

Mexontario

Sep 9, 2020
Windsor, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
02-05-2014
Doc's Request.
23-06-2014
AOR Received.
04-06-2014
File Transfer...
23-06-2014
Med's Request
23-06-2014
Med's Done....
07-08-2014
Passport Req..
26-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
18-11-2014
LANDED..........
04-04-2015
Hi posting again in case someone can help please.

I applied for citizenship in March 2020. I am a frequent traveler to US. I was asked to submit I94 entry/exit details but I94 website only have last 100 entries. I have too many more trips in last 5 years. So I requested FOIA. But it came with only few records from2015-2017 only and have many missing and incorrect entries. I have submitted the appeal now nd waiting.

Can anyone please suggest if they were in similar situation? Or suggest what can be done?

Thanks for the help here!
Canada do exchange land entry/exit data with US. You may be able to find that data by requesting history from CBSA. Not sure why they are asking you again.