+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Has anyone postponed their citizenship ceremony ? I got an update today that I have oath scheduled for Nov 13th. But I also have a non refundable trip scheduled for Nov 12th out of the country. I want to find out what the timeline for the new oath date looks like.
My guess it's another 3-4 months from the date you come back to Canada.

ttttt

Star Member
Jan 30, 2015
I got test invitation and I would like to know like usually how hard the test is? I know it’s a stupid question but if anyone can advise little bit. Thank you

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
I got test invitation and I would like to know like usually how hard the test is? I know it’s a stupid question but if anyone can advise little bit. Thank you
It is supposed to be really easy as long as you have studied the booklet.

You can also check the sticky thread at the top of this forum regarding the test.

Reactions: ttttt

Christine666

Sep 21, 2021
It is easy, but read the booklet carefully, i mean pay attention on the picture & name of person. after you read the book, please try the link below. as long as you can get half of questions (from below) right. you should be okay for your citizen test. Good luck and take it easy
https://www.yourlibrary.ca/citizenship/

Reactions: ttttt

snb2020

Nov 9, 2020
That's great news! I'm applying from Montreal as well. Did you have to provide proof of travel to request the urgent passport? Also, did you get an appointment easily to apply for the passport in person? Or did you just do a walk-in at a passport office?
I'm still waiting for the certificate but I'm hoping to apply for an urgent passport once I get it. During your oath, did you request for the certificate to be sent as soon as possible? Or no?

Any info will help! Thanks :)

I booked a flight ticket for the first week of November and printed the confirmation and gave it to them. To book the appointment I went through the website and put my info, and they called me the next day to choose a date. Downtown was full so I had to go to st laurent. I had to pay $50 extra to get the passport in 5 days, I'll have to go pick it up.

During oath I tried requesting to be sent asap, with no proof, but I doubt they listened and acted based on that.

Reactions: tessun

Mystico_90

May 11, 2013
Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Halifax, NS
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
20-08-2017
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
05-09-2017
Hi
Anyone who did the passport form can confirm me what to put in section 3 - Previous Canadian travel document? What number and date of issue should I put there? PR card?

viperD

Star Member
Sep 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-11-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
01-11-2013
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
03/11/2013
LANDED..........
Soon
Hi
Anyone who did the passport form can confirm me what to put in section 3 - Previous Canadian travel document? What number and date of issue should I put there? PR card?
Just select No. It does not apply to us who are applying for the first time.

TheOTH

Oct 6, 2021
Status closed this morning. Starting another wait for the certificate.

Anyone from Vancouver got the certificate within a week? is the 2-4 weeks wait real???

pangare

Oct 28, 2021
Hello folks,

Been following anonymously for a while but decided to share my timeline:

We're from Montreal, family of four, 1827 presence days. Not sure which office we are at.

Application Sent: 28/Mar/2020
Application Received: 31/Mar/2020
AOR: 10/Sep/2020
In Process: 10/Sep/2020
Test Invite letter/ecas date: 8/Jun/2021
Test Interview date: 14/Jun/2021
Decision Made date ecas estimate: on 6/Oct got all items updated to completed but Oath.
Oath Letter Date:
Oath Ceremony:

Last edited:

Faisal_81

Apr 22, 2020
Decision Made as of October 26, 2021. Please update. Thanks!
Hi Denela... Can you see the ECAS Status to chenge to Decision Made. I am in the same boat, enverything except Oath got completed on 8th Oct but old ECAS still shows In process.