+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

navid2014

Jul 9, 2014
Hey,
I took my oath on Oct 18th and sent the declaration on the same day. My tracker is still showing In Progress. Is it normal?
Usually it updates in 2-3 business days, just cross-check the email address and also the subject line if everything is correct.

Reactions: Mystico_90

NovaScotiaMarch2020

Star Member
May 24, 2021
I created a new one :(
But sent it from my email that I used for communication now I will have to wait to see when the tracker will change. Please let me know if your tracker changes to closed.
We included another personal email address in the cc, when we removed it everything worked well we received an autoreply :)thank you:):)

Reactions: Mystico_90

NovaScotiaMarch2020

Star Member
May 24, 2021
@Mystico_90 Best wishes for tomorrow.

No update on my end yet. I normally don't want to be a bother for the already clunky heavy CIC system and refrain from requesting GCMP or sending inquiry forms, but today my patience tank was empty, so I shoot an email. We'll see how it goes, hopefully they haven't lost my files and whatnot. My luck! :D
Hopefully you will get yours soon too

Denela

Star Member
May 12, 2016
Visa Office......
Mississauga/Manila
App. Filed.......
04-25-2016
AOR Received.
05-13-2016 SA Received...: 07-24-2016
File Transfer...
07-25-2016 AOR2 Received: 07-29-2016
Med's Request
Upfront Medical Exam
Med's Done....
03-23-2016 Passed
Interview........
Waived. God is great.
Passport Req..
11-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-18-2016 ⭐
LANDED..........
01-14-2017
My status in the new tracker has been updated this morning. Everything changed to completed except the citizenship oath ceremony.

When I checked the old tracker it still in progress. How am I supposed to know if decision has been made? TIA!

Mystico_90

May 11, 2013
Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Halifax, NS
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
20-08-2017
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
05-09-2017
update: i received my citizenship certificate on october 26 (montreal) and my oath was on october 6 - I applied for a passport in person with urgent processing today and will be able to pick it up in person as of monday - IT'S ALMOST OVER!
wow congrats.

Can you tell me what you did for the application form for the following?

Section 3- What should I put here/what number or issue date?
Section 5 - Do I need to do that if I am applying in person?

linsahoo

May 8, 2018
Hello all, quick update. My oath ceremony was done yesterday. 82 people attended from 39 countries. Oath of Citizenship conducted by Calgary office. Overall it took about 1hr 45mins.

Registration went fast- about 3 mins- - where the lady confirmed address, asked to cut the pr card, asked if any travel is planned in the next month, and then transferred me into the main ceremony room. (Upon joining the zoom meeting, they ask you to rename yourself with seat number in front , followed by your first name). There we had to wait for everyone else to join. About 1 hour.

Observation: lots of elderly people either on their own or with family (probably around 60% or more in this particular ceremony), some didn't know how to mute themselves - so lots of noise at the background; Many were wearing formal clothes - a suit and a tie, also tradition clothes or something red sweaters/shirts were observed; handful of people displayed Canadian flag and other Canadian paraphernalia at the background- which was nice.

Ceremony itself was conducted by the judge and the ceremony assistant who was directing everyone what to do (when to turn the camera on, mute/unmute yourself- so better practice if you don't know how to use the zoom platform). It took about 30 mins - judge's speech, repeat of the oath in english and french, sing national anthem and take photo/selfie with the judge. The directions on how to fill and send the oath of affirmation of citizenship was at the very end- and it was presented as a slideshow - about 5-8 mins. They encourage to email the filled copy of it asap or within 2 days, and it will take 2-4 weeks to get the certificate.

People were encourage to stay back to ask questions if they had any at the end. I left as I had none. I hope this info helps someone. Let me know if any questions.

Last edited:

tessun

Jun 9, 2020
update: i received my citizenship certificate on october 26 (montreal) and my oath was on october 6 - I applied for a passport in person with urgent processing today and will be able to pick it up in person as of monday - IT'S ALMOST OVER!
That's great news! I'm applying from Montreal as well. Did you have to provide proof of travel to request the urgent passport? Also, did you get an appointment easily to apply for the passport in person? Or did you just do a walk-in at a passport office?
I'm still waiting for the certificate but I'm hoping to apply for an urgent passport once I get it. During your oath, did you request for the certificate to be sent as soon as possible? Or no?

Any info will help! Thanks :)

Denela

Star Member
May 12, 2016
Visa Office......
Mississauga/Manila
App. Filed.......
04-25-2016
AOR Received.
05-13-2016 SA Received...: 07-24-2016
File Transfer...
07-25-2016 AOR2 Received: 07-29-2016
Med's Request
Upfront Medical Exam
Med's Done....
03-23-2016 Passed
Interview........
Waived. God is great.
Passport Req..
11-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-18-2016 ⭐
LANDED..........
01-14-2017
Decision Made as of October 26, 2021. Please update. Thanks!

Reactions: viperD
Aug 27, 2021
Has anyone postponed their citizenship ceremony ? I got an update today that I have oath scheduled for Nov 13th. But I also have a non refundable trip scheduled for Nov 12th out of the country. I want to find out what the timeline for the new oath date looks like.