+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

Sewen01

Jul 20, 2021
Hello everyone, I wrote my citizenship test on July 23 and passed, got 19 but my citizenship test is still showing in progress on the tracker. I requested for my GCMS note which I just received now. It’s states “ citizenship test result not accepted/ invalid, schedule for online retake” dated July 26.
However, there was an update on September 23 on the note which changed status for knowledge to completed but no update on the tracker. I’m just so confused
If I am to have a retake , will it be like an interview?
Thanks everyone

Sewen01

Jul 20, 2021
Hello everyone, I wrote my citizenship test on July 23 and passed, got 19 but my citizenship test is still showing in progress on the tracker. I requested for my GCMS note which I just received now. It’s states “ citizenship test result not accepted/ invalid, schedule for online retake” dated July 26.
However, there was an update on September 23 on the note which changed status for knowledge to completed but no update on the tracker. I’m just so confused
If I am to have a retake , will it be like an interview?
Thanks everyone
Update

The September 23 update that changed status to completed was under event- I believe they meant event completed. I will most likely have a retake

ballerbluezen

Dec 21, 2019
I’m very sorry that you & your spouse did not receive your invitations for the Oct 19th ceremony. There was a problem with the system that we use to send invitations out and we did not become aware of this until very late that afternoon.

We will ensure that you are both promptly rescheduled; please keep an eye on your inbox for a new invitation in the coming weeks.

Thank you for your patience & understanding,

IRCC Official

ziyoufeixiang

Star Member
Feb 25, 2016
I’m very sorry that you & your spouse did not receive your invitations for the Oct 19th ceremony. There was a problem with the system that we use to send invitations out and we did not become aware of this until very late that afternoon.

We will ensure that you are both promptly rescheduled; please keep an eye on your inbox for a new invitation in the coming weeks.

IRCC Official

Oh sh*t IRCC.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018

IRCC Official
Wow. How incompetent. They blame the system they spent millions of dollars, and months from OUR processing time to develop, and at the end it's not even working properly, or they don't know how to use it

Reactions: rubz9911

mintmint

Star Member
Jun 21, 2019
please update on the tracker

I got second citizenship test invitation on Oct 21
As I am still outside of Canada, I sent a notice and see if I can do the test this time

thanks

xlnc7

Dec 10, 2015
NOC Code......
A-1122
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2015
AOR Received.
17-10-2015
Med's Done....
19-10-2015
Passport Req..
06-04-2016
This is unfortunate. Many people were planning to attend the holidays with their families, but they cannot travel, because of IRCC incompetency. I will likely not leave on the holidays once again this year (I haven't seen my elderly parents for 4 years). I am also waiting for the oath, and I submitted my PR renewal application 3+ months ago and I haven't heard back from them yet. If you must travel, you will need to go through the PRTD process abroad. I personally try to avoid it, because things are not predictable in these times.
Problem with me is my vacation is long, 2-3 months starting 20 Dec and i think i have to come in middle of it in case the oath comes (as you can only take it from Canada).
I will wait for 1 more month - till 21 Nov. If the oath still does not come, i have no option but to cancel my ticket.

And you are right, in these times, i dont want to risk for applying a PRTD abroad. :)

Reactions: CaBeaver

Lomi90

Star Member
Mar 10, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2014
AOR Received.
28-02-2015
File Transfer...
17-03-2015 (SA)
Med's Done....
26-02-2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
01-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-06-2015 (copr)
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
Please update the spreadsheet: Everything just got updated to completed (updated Oct 21) on the new check status tool and on the old tool it is now set to decision made :). Citizenship ceremony is still set to 'not started', but I'm happy with the progress!

marvel62

Oct 17, 2018
Hi Everybody,
Please update the spreadsheet with my new info:
  • Decision made: July 15, 2021
  • Oath letter date: October 15, 2021
  • Oath ceremony (online): October 26, 2021
It’s been a long journey but it looks like there is finally a happy ending, thanks a lot to all the people contributing to this blog, you’re really awesome!

Mystico_90

May 11, 2013
Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Halifax, NS
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
20-08-2017
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
05-09-2017
Hi Everybody,
Please update the spreadsheet with my new info:
  • Decision made: July 15, 2021
  • Oath letter date: October 15, 2021
  • Oath ceremony (online): October 26, 2021
It’s been a long journey but it looks like there is finally a happy ending, thanks a lot to all the people contributing to this blog, you’re really awesome!
Mine is also for Oct 26. Congrats.

Reactions: mogly

raaj051

Star Member
Feb 20, 2021
Please update the spreadsheet: Everything just got updated to completed (updated Oct 21) on the new check status tool and on the old tool it is now set to decision made :). Citizenship ceremony is still set to 'not started', but I'm happy with the progress!
Congrat for this step. When was your test completed ?

tessun

Jun 9, 2020
Hi everyone!

I had my citizenship ceremony yesterday on October 21! We were a little over 100 applicants there and it took approximately 2hours. Citizenship status was marked as Closed today October 22 on the tracker :) Now the wait begins to get the certificate in the mail. Good luck to everyone!