Passport Pages Request: Oct 12 2021
USA Exit/Entry Request (i94 history): Oct 20 2021

Language Skills: In progress
Physical Presence: In progress
Background Verification: Completed
Citizenship Test: Completed
Prohibitions: In progress
Citizenship Ceremony: Not started

I'm slightly stressed out they're asking for my i94 history. I was cutting it pretty close on my physical presence (1132 I believe), and I've been outside the country for the last two years with my spouse is a Canadian citizen, so even though we've been gone, the time doesn't county (am I right???) because I have been with my spouse. I am worried they think I am not eligible.

Reactions: raaj051

raaj051

Star Member
Feb 20, 2021
Application Sent/Rec'd: March 2020
AOR: Sep 4 2020
Background Verification: Jan 26 2021
Citizenship Test Invite: Jul 23 2021
Citizenship Test Completed: Aug 18 2021
Passport Pages Request: Oct 12 2021
USA Exit/Entry Request (i94 history): Oct 20 2021

Language Skills: In progress
Physical Presence: In progress
Background Verification: Completed
Citizenship Test: Completed
Prohibitions: In progress
Citizenship Ceremony: Not started

I'm slightly stressed out they're asking for my i94 history. I was cutting it pretty close on my physical presence (1132 I believe), and I've been outside the country for the last two years with my spouse is a Canadian citizen, so even though we've been gone, the time doesn't county (am I right???) because I have been with my spouse. I am worried they think I am not eligible.
How many visits you did outside Canada during your eligibility period ?

Reactions: silenceinterred
Oct 20, 2021
How many visits you did outside Canada during your eligibility period ?
Lots. Lots and lots. I had a US work visa for a while (not for residency, just to travel and work and then return to Canada where we had our home), visited family back in England several times, did lots of vacationing in the US, and in the last year and a bit, lived with my spouse in the US (my spouse has a temporary work visa for the US that expires in two years, at which point we are returning to Canada to live full time... we would have been half our year in Canada, half our year in the US, but with Covid and my spouse being high risk the travel is just too risky for their health, so we've been stuck in the US). I probably had at least one trip out of Canada a month, sometimes more. I was at 1130 days residency when I applied.

kaur989

Star Member
Sep 13, 2016
Me and my husband got an update on status tracker (Oct 18) that our Oath ceremony has been scheduled for 3rd November
We have a trip scheduled out of country which is no refundable so we can't cancel that. Therefore we need to reschedule the Oath. I have not received any email from them yet so what is the procedure of rescheduling.
Anyone who did this knows how much gap they put between the scheduled and rescheduled date?
Thanks!

Reactions: VictorCA

LanaOng

Jun 14, 2016
AOR Received.
Sept. 14, 2020 - Citizenship Application
Hi All!

After 2 days of the Oath taking (Oct. 18, 2021) the tracker has been updated as complete / closed, finally can say it's official now.

Your citizenship application status Updated: October 21, 2021

Your citizenship application status: Closed
Reason:
We have approved your application to become a Canadian citizen.

Congratulations!
You are now a Canadian citizen. Welcome to the Canadian family!
Within the next few weeks, you’ll receive documents and information for your next steps as a new citizen.
Find information and services for new Canadians, such as
  • applying for a passport
  • voting in an election
  • 1 year of free admission to Canada’s natural parks and cultural centres
Application history
3 new update(s)

• Oct 20, 2021

Citizenship oath activity status updated
    New update
    Citizenship ceremony

Citizenship oath status has been updated to Completed
  • Oct 18, 2021

Scheduled for Citizenship oath
    New update
    Citizenship ceremony

Congratulations! You've been scheduled to attend your citizenship ceremony on October 18, 2021. Follow the instructions you will receive in your ceremony invitation.

mpsqra

Champion Member
Jul 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Hello, just checked my status and it says "Take the Oath citizenship- October 26th"- however, I did not receive any instructions on how to do it. I have filled out the web form but a bit worried then I did not receive any details on it. Will it be emailed to me or snail mailed? If anyone has done the oath ceremony, can you provide also more information so I can start preparing (e.g. is it online or in person, what documents are required?)
72 hrs before Oath

LanaOng

Jun 14, 2016
AOR Received.
Sept. 14, 2020 - Citizenship Application
Hello, just checked my status and it says "Take the Oath citizenship- October 26th"- however, I did not receive any instructions on how to do it. I have filled out the web form but a bit worried then I did not receive any details on it. Will it be emailed to me or snail mailed? If anyone has done the oath ceremony, can you provide also more information so I can start preparing (e.g. is it online or in person, what documents are required?)
I received my email instructions for the Oath taking 2 / 3 days after the tracker update you are scheduled for Oath taking.

xlnc7

Dec 10, 2015
NOC Code......
A-1122
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2015
AOR Received.
17-10-2015
Med's Done....
19-10-2015
Passport Req..
06-04-2016
Today is when i complete 3 full months since DM (on 21 July) but no Oath. I am from Mississauga office.
Anyone else in my boat? Give me some hope please.

I have to travel outside Canada on 20th Dec, my PR card is expired and citizenship is just not coming. :(

• Sad

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Today is when i complete 3 full months since DM (on 21 July) but no Oath. I am from Mississauga office.
Anyone else in my boat? Give me some hope please.

I have to travel outside Canada on 20th Dec, my PR card is expired and citizenship is just not coming. :(
This is unfortunate. Many people were planning to attend the holidays with their families, but they cannot travel, because of IRCC incompetency. I will likely not leave on the holidays once again this year (I haven't seen my elderly parents for 4 years). I am also waiting for the oath, and I submitted my PR renewal application 3+ months ago and I haven't heard back from them yet. If you must travel, you will need to go through the PRTD process abroad. I personally try to avoid it, because things are not predictable in these times.

• Sad

shadowtwixy

Star Member
Dec 13, 2015
This is unfortunate. Many people were planning to attend the holidays with their families, but they cannot travel, because of IRCC incompetency. I will likely not leave on the holidays once again this year (I haven't seen my elderly parents for 4 years). I am also waiting for the oath, and I submitted my PR renewal application 3+ months ago and I haven't heard back from them yet. If you must travel, you will need to go through the PRTD process abroad. I personally try to avoid it, because things are not predictable in these times.
You should be hearing about your PR application update soon. Their processing time is now 4 months. I recently had mine renewed. It will be ready before your holidays. fingers crossed.