+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

raaj051

Star Member
Feb 20, 2021
My Fingerprints was done on January 2020 and test done on August 2021. So my question is this, do I need to give fingerprint again and is it necessary to do after one year ?

shadowtwixy

Star Member
Dec 13, 2015
Hi all - Any tried to contact the call center? Any tips on when to call and what number prompts to follow? Every time I call they say "not available and call back later"?

Mystico_90

May 11, 2013
Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Halifax, NS
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
20-08-2017
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
05-09-2017
Hi :)

We did today, also my husband has a job offer from federal and he was essential worker as well. We submitted a new webform recently, and received a generic response. He called the call center today, he was told we are waiting for the oath date, web form is in the system and call center agents can`t do anything. We are waiting for the officer. It is not that it will take 10 years but for some reason it is bothering me that it is taking longer than usual even the covid is not that issue to process the applications and we don`t know how long it will take.
Thanks for the update. So, basically no one knows when we will get the oath. I really don't think Covid is the issue here, it's more like a lame reason that they are selling for more than a year.

NovaScotiaMarch2020

Star Member
May 24, 2021
Thanks for the update. So, basically no one knows when we will get the oath. I really don't think Covid is the issue here, it's more like a lame reason that they are selling for more than a year.
Yes, definitely Covid can`t be the reason for this delay. Most of the paper applications were in the system by October/November 2020, it soon will be a year even from that date. I mean surely there needs to be some accountability, I do not know other provinces but don`t you find in NS things are usually takes longer to get done, example can be a washer delivery :D emergency waiting hours are horrible too :D So I guess getting used to long wait times, delays and not working processes are part of the process.

VUPtoYOW

Star Member
Jan 14, 2018
I have almost same timeline. My background check completed on May 12. Still no test invite! No other changes yet! I have seen some people applied in this year and already got test invite and found on another group someone got oath invitation. Don’t know what the officers are doing!!!!!
I am planning to apply to renew my PR card. How long it took for you to get the PR card?
one question, how did you write for the addresses and work section in the application form? I guess they said to start from the oldest address and end to the present one. Or should I start from the Present one and end to the oldest one? Please advise me if possible.
Thank you kindly for your time.
Kind of the same situation as yours, It took me 4 months for the PR card to be renewed.

jeromeeric

Star Member
Nov 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 19, 2014
Nomination.....
Jan 16,2015( CC Charged) PER- Feb 11,2015
File Transfer...
July 14, 2015
Med's Request
July 14,2015
Med's Done....
July 22, 2015 (TLU-July 28,2015)
Interview........
Hopefully Waived!!!
Passport Req..
August 17, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
September 8, 2015
LANDED..........
Not decided yet
I have almost same timeline. My background check completed on May 12. Still no test invite! No other changes yet! I have seen some people applied in this year and already got test invite and found on another group someone got oath invitation. Don’t know what the officers are doing!!!!!
I am planning to apply to renew my PR card. How long it took for you to get the PR card?
one question, how did you write for the addresses and work section in the application form? I guess they said to start from the oldest address and end to the present one. Or should I start from the Present one and end to the oldest one? Please advise me if possible.
Thank you kindly for your time.
Hi , I renewed my PR Card. Here is my timeline for my PR Card Renewal:

Application Sent: Sept 8, 2021
Application Received: Sept 10, 2021
AOR: Sept 13, 2021
IN Process: Sept 13, 2021
Decision Made: Sept 13, 2021
Mailed PR Card: Sept 16, 2021
Received PR Card: Sept 20, 2021

- I applied for urgent processing for employment reasons.

Reactions: ttttt

jeromeeric

Star Member
Nov 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 19, 2014
Nomination.....
Jan 16,2015( CC Charged) PER- Feb 11,2015
File Transfer...
July 14, 2015
Med's Request
July 14,2015
Med's Done....
July 22, 2015 (TLU-July 28,2015)
Interview........
Hopefully Waived!!!
Passport Req..
August 17, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
September 8, 2015
LANDED..........
Not decided yet
My file is in Scarborough too. No new updates from them since Feb 03 background done. Hang in there. Hope you get to hear back shortly
Thank you

Mystico_90

May 11, 2013
Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Halifax, NS
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
20-08-2017
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
05-09-2017
Yes, definitely Covid can`t be the reason for this delay. Most of the paper applications were in the system by October/November 2020, it soon will be a year even from that date. I mean surely there needs to be some accountability, I do not know other provinces but don`t you find in NS things are usually takes longer to get done, example can be a washer delivery :D emergency waiting hours are horrible too :D So I guess getting used to long wait times, delays and not working processes are part of the process.
Well yes, everything in NS remains little slow lol
Specially the emergency waiting hours hahaha

Reactions: NovaScotiaMarch2020

sqid.madoma

Star Member
Nov 13, 2015
Calgary
Visa Office......
Sydney
AOR Received.
16-11-2021
Hello,

I just got my Decision Made yesterday and don't know what to do. My PR card expires on October 16 and I am supposed to travel abroad on October 29.
I did not get the oath invitation.

Is there any chance to get the passport by October 29 or am I delusional? Should I just apply for PR card ? I am not even sure that I will get it by the time of my departure. Worst case scenario I will get a Permanent resident travel document at the Embassy of Paris. Thanks

Here is my timeline: (Sydney office)

Application sent: March 16 2020
AOR: November 16 2020
Fingerprint request: March 3 2021, done on March 4th
Citizenship test request: March 15, completed on March 30 2021
Decision made: September 23 2021

Reactions: Paripriyank1

Paripriyank1

Star Member
May 16, 2015
Hello,

I just got my Decision Made yesterday and don't know what to do. My PR card expires on October 16 and I am supposed to travel abroad on October 29.
I did not get the oath invitation.

Is there any chance to get the passport by October 29 or am I delusional? Should I just apply for PR card ? I am not even sure that I will get it by the time of my departure. Worst case scenario I will get a Permanent resident travel document at the Embassy of Paris. Thanks

Here is my timeline: (Sydney office)

Application sent: March 16 2020
AOR: November 16 2020
Fingerprint request: March 3 2021, done on March 4th
Citizenship test request: March 15, completed on March 30 2021
Decision made: September 23 2021
My decision made was on 26th july,2021.
No updates after that.

• Sad
Reactions: Mystico_90

ttttt

Star Member
Jan 30, 2015
Hi , I renewed my PR Card. Here is my timeline for my PR Card Renewal:

Application Sent: Sept 8, 2021
Application Received: Sept 10, 2021
AOR: Sept 13, 2021
IN Process: Sept 13, 2021
Decision Made: Sept 13, 2021
Mailed PR Card: Sept 16, 2021
Received PR Card: Sept 20, 2021

- I applied for urgent processing for employment reasons.

Thank you for your reply. That’s very good and reasonable timeline. How did you fill up the addrsss and work places? Did you start from the oldest one and ended up to the present one? Please advise me. Thank you so much for your time and reply.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Wow that's crazy !!!!

What are they doing? Shouldn't it be faster online? I really don't get it... Now I really wonder what to do, paying for a PR card when you already have DM seems like such a waste of money.
It's $50+mail fees. Not a big loss. If you are traveling soon with a proof for urgent processing, you may get it before the end of Oct. Otherwise, it will take 4+ months, which is ridiculous.

• Wow
Reactions: VictorCA