+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

citappmr2006

Star Member
Mar 7, 2020
Hello,

I just got my Decision Made yesterday and don't know what to do. My PR card expires on October 16 and I am supposed to travel abroad on October 29.
I did not get the oath invitation.

Is there any chance to get the passport by October 29 or am I delusional? Should I just apply for PR card ? I am not even sure that I will get it by the time of my departure. Worst case scenario I will get a Permanent resident travel document at the Embassy of Paris. Thanks

Here is my timeline: (Sydney office)

Application sent: March 16 2020
AOR: November 16 2020
Fingerprint request: March 3 2021, done on March 4th
Citizenship test request: March 15, completed on March 30 2021
Decision made: September 23 2021
You are unlikely to get a oath date before you travel even if you do the wait time for the passport will almost ensure u cannot get the passport before october 29. Also the timeline for pr renewal of about 2-4months means you are also less likely to have it renewed before your travel date. So best to go ahead with your travel document and hope to get an oath date when you come back.

Last edited:

raaj051

Star Member
Feb 20, 2021
Hi
Have question for Pakistani citizenship Applicants ; our passport has last page of wording in Urdu language, so do we have to translate it anyway ? Your reply would be highly obliged.

VictorCA

Oct 28, 2015
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-Nov-2015
Doc's Request.
09-Mar-2016
AOR Received.
25-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
08-May-2016
Passport Req..
26-Oct-2016
VISA ISSUED...
1-Nov-2016
LANDED..........
January 14, 2017. Praise God!
It's $50+mail fees. Not a big loss. If you are traveling soon with a proof for urgent processing, you may get it before the end of Oct. Otherwise, it will take 4+ months, which is ridiculous.
Does any planned trip count for urgent processing or does it have to be for medical/work reasons?

jack_is_jack

Star Member
Nov 11, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
18-12-2014
Hi, if anyone could help/answer.

I am taking the test next week, and I have done the following-

- Read the Discover Canada book
- Read notes written by rajkamalmohanram
- Taken the practice test by Richmond Public Library

Is there any other source from where I can take some more practice tests?
search in App store, there are apps with tests I have been using to prep while on a toilet :-D

Reactions: n2m5

aaq94

Sep 26, 2021
Hi guys,

My tracker is saying my citizenship ceremony is on November 16th and "waiting for you". Haven't received any email or any further information. Just wondering, do I have to do anything else on my end now?

Additionally, will this ceremony be online? Again, didn't specify.

Thanks!

Reactions: Goodbetterbest

elangab

Aug 14, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Hi, if anyone could help/answer.

I am taking the test next week, and I have done the following-

- Read the Discover Canada book
- Read notes written by rajkamalmohanram
- Taken the practice test by Richmond Public Library

Is there any other source from where I can take some more practice tests?
For me, that was the best app out there, from both visual design to content. Take some practice tests with that and you're good to go.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=co.spurry.cctfree

Also available for iOS, company name is "Spurry" (I have no connection to them at all).

Reactions: n2m5

viperD

Star Member
Sep 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-11-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
01-11-2013
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
03/11/2013
LANDED..........
Soon
Hi guys,

My tracker is saying my citizenship ceremony is on November 16th and "waiting for you". Haven't received any email or any further information. Just wondering, do I have to do anything else on my end now?

Additionally, will this ceremony be online? Again, didn't specify.

Thanks!
You will receive an email from them just before the ceremony. For some people they receive in 2 weeks before for some its 2 days. I am sure it will be Online.

Reactions: aaq94

n2m5

Star Member
Jun 25, 2020
For me, that was the best app out there, from both visual design to content. Take some practice tests with that and you're good to go.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=co.spurry.cctfree

Also available for iOS, company name is "Spurry" (I have no connection to them at all).
Hi,
Thank you for the recommendation. You're right, this app is really good when it comes to design and as well as content. I appreciate your help.

Reactions: elangab

citappmr2006

Star Member
Mar 7, 2020
HI, got my oath letter today. Pls update the spread sheet. Pls quick question although the letter says the ceremony last 3hrs. Just want to know if this is so or if it is less or more. Especially for Scarborough applicants. Thanks.

Reactions: Mystico_90