Halifax, NS
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
20-08-2017
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
05-09-2017
I passed my test on 21st May and the tracker has been marked as completed. But I still haven't received my official result on e-mail. How long does that take?
You don't get any official email. It will update on the tracker. This is what you will see -

Citizenship test activity status updated
Citizenship test
Citizenship test status has been updated to Completed

After that, you will have to wait.

Reactions: VictorCA

VictorCA

Oct 28, 2015
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-Nov-2015
Doc's Request.
09-Mar-2016
AOR Received.
25-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
08-May-2016
Passport Req..
26-Oct-2016
VISA ISSUED...
1-Nov-2016
LANDED..........
January 14, 2017. Praise God!
I guess it's another waiting game as usual.
At least we're on the final stretch now! It doesn't seem to take too long to complete the next steps. The average I see in the tracker is a month between completing the test to DM, and then another month between that and the oath invite (which is usually for ceremonies taking place within days). I've even seen faster timelines for lucky applicants. Let's hope this is over by the fall!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I passed my test on 21st May and the tracker has been marked as completed. But I still haven't received my official result on e-mail. How long does that take?
If it has been marked as completed, you don't have to worry about the email. I have not seen applicant report "official result" email as of late. May be IRCC has stopped sending out those emails.

prjkr

Oct 1, 2014
How long did it take for the tracker to be updated and marked as completed? Or for anyone else who might know - after completing the test, does it take a certain amount of time for the update to show up on the tracker?

Mystico_90

May 11, 2013
Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Halifax, NS
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
20-08-2017
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
05-09-2017
At least we're on the final stretch now! It doesn't seem to take too long to complete the next steps. The average I see in the tracker is a month between completing the test to DM, and then another month between that and the oath invite (which is usually for ceremonies taking place within days). I've even seen faster timelines for lucky applicants. Let's hope this is over by the fall!
For my case, it's more than 2 months. Getting tired of waiting, and I know there are many waiting for so long :(

VictorCA

Oct 28, 2015
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-Nov-2015
Doc's Request.
09-Mar-2016
AOR Received.
25-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
08-May-2016
Passport Req..
26-Oct-2016
VISA ISSUED...
1-Nov-2016
LANDED..........
For my case, it's more than 2 months. Getting tired of waiting, and I know there are many waiting for so long :(
I am sorry to hear that :( It should not be too much longer now! You're almost there.

• Sad
Reactions: Mystico_90

Mystico_90

May 11, 2013
Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Halifax, NS
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
20-08-2017
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
05-09-2017
I am sorry to hear that :( It should not be too much longer now! You're almost there.
Thanks. When I look at the tracker I see people are getting the decision made within a month or 2. Not sure what's happening with me. When I called them, they said everything is good and I need to wait. Let's see how it goes.

AmericanCanadian007

Aug 21, 2020
Thanks. When I look at the tracker I see people are getting the decision made within a month or 2. Not sure what's happening with me. When I called them, they said everything is good and I need to wait. Let's see how it goes.
Wasn't pre-covid, after the test, you had to go to interview in another room and then DM the same day? Post-covid seems we are on a different planet for sure!

Mystico_90

May 11, 2013
Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Halifax, NS
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
20-08-2017
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
05-09-2017
Wasn't pre-covid, after the test, you had to go to interview in another room and then DM the same day? Post-covid seems we are on a different planet for sure!
Yah, seems like it's at Mars now lol
No communication has been made after the test.

VictorCA

Oct 28, 2015
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-Nov-2015
Doc's Request.
09-Mar-2016
AOR Received.
25-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
08-May-2016
Passport Req..
26-Oct-2016
VISA ISSUED...
1-Nov-2016
LANDED..........
Yep, that used to be the process back in the day. You would get DM the same day of your test/interview unless you were unfortunate enough to receive an RQ. I even read somewhere in these forums that some people would get their oath invitation the same day as well. Those were the days....

Reactions: AmericanCanadian007

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Yep, that used to be the process back in the day. You would get DM the same day of your test/interview unless you were unfortunate enough to receive an RQ. I even read somewhere in these forums that some people would get their oath invitation the same day as well. Those were the days....
Yup, some people used to receive oath letters on the very same day. I read about at least one case where the applicant took the oath ceremony on the same day as the test.

However, these events were very rare even before COVID.

Reactions: AmericanCanadian007

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
Those were the days ? you meanwhen dinosaurs were alive ? The mesozoic era . Some of the dinosaurs passed away while their application was in process. Legends says one of the T-rex still has Prohibtions "In Progress"

camirica

Jul 15, 2020
Does anyone know if we'll be able to invite family/guests to the virtual oath ceremony? (share the link to the ceremony or something like that)