+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

tusharpurohit03

Jun 17, 2018
Yes me too. Approximately same timeline. They are currently finalizing March 2019 apps, so I guess we will be close to or before March 2022.
Ahh! That's crazy, I know I was reading that somewhere on their site that they are finalizing 2019 (maybe when I was checking my application status). But how come I see people here getting FPs and test dates, everyone here applied 2020, Right?

Reactions: AmericanCanadian007

GokulGuruprasad

Oct 26, 2015
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Hello everyone, hope all is well! I am March 2020 applicant. I Sent the file on March 6, and reached Sydney, NS on March 9, 2020. I got my FP request on March 3, 2021 and done on March 7. I heard from the lady who did my FP that they will send to RCMP and after checked RCMP will send to immigration by regular mail and takes sometimes like few weeks( no idea how come there is no electronic system available with them in this 21 century)!!!!
My questions are -
1. When immigration will receive my FP is it gonna show as an extra line on my application status through online tools?
2. How long usually it takes to get written test invitation after FP received by immigration?
Please advise me on these. Any information will be appreciated!!!
Thank you for your time!!
Well buddy, the way I see it is that if there's an FP request, at least there's some progress instead of just radio silence.
Your question #2 is the million dollar question (though a million dollars is not too much these days looking at the housing market here) :D:D
The simple answer to that is, there is no clear answer. We might receive a test invite in the next 3 months, or in the next six months... it is anyone's guess really.
The game seems to have significantly changed after COVID; we are the batch of applicants after COVID; so in a way we are the TRENDSETTERS :D:D

AmericanCanadian007

Aug 21, 2020
Ahh! That's crazy, I know I was reading that somewhere on their site that they are finalizing 2019 (maybe when I was checking my application status). But how come I see people here getting FPs and test dates, everyone here applied 2020, Right?
Yes all 2020. Someone in the forum said that all of our names are on a wall and IOs throw darts, whichever name it lands to gets the test invite. I won't be surprised if that's really the case lol.

• Haha
Reactions: VictorCA

AmericanCanadian007

Aug 21, 2020
Well buddy, the way I see it is that if there's an FP request, at least there's some progress instead of just radio silence.
Your question #2 is the million dollar question (though a million dollars is not too much these days looking at the housing market here) :D:D
The simple answer to that is, there is no clear answer. We might receive a test invite in the next 3 months, or in the next six months... it is anyone's guess really.
The game seems to have significantly changed after COVID; we are the batch of applicants after COVID; so in a way we are the TRENDSETTERS :D:D
I love the way you put it, "trendsetters"!

ttttt

Star Member
Jan 30, 2015
Thank you so much for your reply! Yeah just hoping for the best and waiting for that million dollars email!!
Immigration system in here is very slow and on top of that they have covid excuse now!!

Reactions: AmericanCanadian007

keypad

Sep 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-10-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
15-10-2013
Med's Done....
26-10-2013
Passport Req..
15-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2015
LANDED..........
29-09-2015
@rajkamalmohanram I applied for myself only. not for my family. thanks.
@gta88 Are you still waiting for the AOR of your citizenship application? Can you please confirm the status so that the tracking sheet can be updated accordingly? Thanks.

skquddusi

Aug 24, 2014
Hi Congratulations! Have you received an email from IRCC confirming that the test result is valid?

I guess it will probably take a few weeks before they reach out?
Thank you. No I haven't received any email from IRCC, but reading the forum I believe there is no definite timeline on IRCC communication after the test, could be a week or months.

• Wow
Reactions: VictorCA

masterofpupp

Dec 20, 2016
I randomly checked ECAS today and it read, "We started processing your application on March 8, 2021." All this while, it was was only showing one like which said that they had received my application. However, they assured me that the application had gone into processing anyway. Did they just update it on the web client now or did it go into processing on March 8? Were they lying to me all this while?

n2m5

Star Member
Jun 25, 2020
Hi guys,

I just received a fingerprint request! please update the sheet.
I will update again once I am done with it!

Last edited: