+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

mogly

Star Member
May 10, 2012
vancouver
Doc's Request.
24-03-2020
FPs done, let's see how it goes now... Apparently the FPs take 3-4 weeks to reach IRCC from RCMP (atleast that's what I was told by the guy doing the FPs)
@GokulGuruprasad good to hear that.. But I have a different story, I was told by Global Fingerprinting Services Canada Ltd that you can get RCMP FP done well before the hand and they will send copy to you. When Immigration team ask for FP you can send it to them. That is Interesting. I could have saved my ~3 Months of time to get next process started. (Lesson learned, May be useful for folks who are waiting for Next step after In-Process).

However Since I have done FP Mar 13, and has to be sent to [IRCC Vancouver 200 – 877 Expo Blvd. Vancouver, BC V6B 8P8] Vancouver Office. He did mention that it takes ~5 days, However he has sent it on same day via post (of course no Tracking#).

Now came back to waiting game.

GokulGuruprasad

Oct 26, 2015
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
@GokulGuruprasad good to hear that.. But I have a different story, I was told by Global Fingerprinting Services Canada Ltd that you can get RCMP FP done well before the hand and they will send copy to you. When Immigration team ask for FP you can send it to them. That is Interesting. I could have saved my ~3 Months of time to get next process started. (Lesson learned, May be useful for folks who are waiting for Next step after In-Process).

However Since I have done FP Mar 13, and has to be sent to [IRCC Vancouver 200 – 877 Expo Blvd. Vancouver, BC V6B 8P8] Vancouver Office. He did mention that it takes ~5 days, However he has sent it on same day via post (of course no Tracking#).

Now came back to waiting game.
Well, it doesn't make sense to do this in advance if you ask me.
Not everyone gets an FP request from them, so it would be wasted money if everyone just went and got their FPs done.

Reactions: AmericanCanadian007

GokulGuruprasad

Oct 26, 2015
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Reactions: AmericanCanadian007

ttttt

Star Member
Jan 30, 2015
Hello everyone, hope all is well! I am March 2020 applicant. I Sent the file on March 6, and reached Sydney, NS on March 9, 2020. I got my FP request on March 3, 2021 and done on March 7. I heard from the lady who did my FP that they will send to RCMP and after checked RCMP will send to immigration by regular mail and takes sometimes like few weeks( no idea how come there is no electronic system available with them in this 21 century)!!!!
My questions are -
1. When immigration will receive my FP is it gonna show as an extra line on my application status through online tools?
2. How long usually it takes to get written test invitation after FP received by immigration?
Please advise me on these. Any information will be appreciated!!!
Thank you for your time!!

tusharpurohit03

Jun 17, 2018
Hi All,

I applied for my citizenship back in March 2020 and my application was delivered March 13th 2020. I got my AOR on Oct 20th 2020 and have not heard anything back from them. Still waiting that I will get a test date email.
Wondering if there is anyone in the same boat?

AmericanCanadian007

Aug 21, 2020
Hi All,

I applied for my citizenship back in March 2020 and my application was delivered March 13th 2020. I got my AOR on Oct 20th 2020 and have not heard anything back from them. Still waiting that I will get a test date email.
Wondering if there is anyone in the same boat?
Yes me too. Approximately same timeline. They are currently finalizing March 2019 apps, so I guess we will be close to or before March 2022.