FSW
Hi Everyone,

My timeline;

March 15th Application
October 31st AOR
December 1st Started Processing
March 2nd Fingerprint Request

I have few questions;

1. Is getting Fingerprint request quite common? or its due to some reason.
2. Does this mean I am close to getting test date or it means this will be further delayed?
3. What are your expectation for test invites for March applicants?

Thanks
It definitely means there's some progress - they're probably not all sitting around.

Maybe they'll get the FP requests done for everyone and just schedule everyone for an exam together.
Or maybe they could just send out test invites as they please, but either way I don't expect test invites for us before the Jan/Feb folks.

Reactions: CorvusGlaive

CorvusGlaive

Star Member
Oct 27, 2020
It definitely means there's some progress - they're probably not all sitting around.

Maybe they'll get the FP requests done for everyone and just schedule everyone for an exam together.
Or maybe they could just send out test invites as they please, but either way I don't expect test invites for us before the Jan/Feb folks.
True. Except you got lucky!

Mystico_90

May 11, 2013
Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Halifax, NS
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
20-08-2017
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
05-09-2017
Anyone recently called CIC to check their status? Is it the generic answer?

Tmad

Mar 4, 2021
Hello,

I mailed my application in early may 2020. They emailed my early Nov 2020 saying that they have recieved my application. How many people are still waiting for the test to be issued. I have to go back to India in Oct for my sis wedding. But my indian passport expires in June. So I am wondering if I should renew it or wait for canadian one. Please advise.

abrakadabra

Oct 21, 2016
Hello,

I mailed my application in early may 2020. They emailed my early Nov 2020 saying that they have recieved my application. How many people are still waiting for the test to be issued. I have to go back to India in Oct for my sis wedding. But my indian passport expires in June. So I am wondering if I should renew it or wait for canadian one. Please advise.
renew to be safe...My application is May as well but I don't know if I can get my citizenship this year.

krishtian

Star Member
Nov 7, 2020
Called CIC on Tuesday and was told that the background check was passed successfully and my documents were sent to Scarborough office on February 10, then next step I was told is test invite which I don't think gonna happen any time soon according to reviews about Scarborough and Mississaiga office.
Though, I'm finally able to see my profile on ecas, despite it's only 1 line when the application was received.

Reactions: Mystico_90

cdfaria

Sep 24, 2017
Winnipeg
Where in Winnipeg did you book the fingerprint appointment?

As my spouse received it but I did not received FP request and we applied together and also landed together.

The email which I got it states I need to send it to CPC Sydney.
I booked at the Forensics Canada (204)415-1021.

Tmad

Mar 4, 2021
Called CIC on Tuesday and was told that the background check was passed successfully and my documents were sent to Scarborough office on February 10, then next step I was told is test invite which I don't think gonna happen any time soon according to reviews about Scarborough and Mississaiga office.
Though, I'm finally able to see my profile on ecas, despite it's only 1 line when the application was received.
When did u submit ur application and when did you got emails saying they have received ur application ?
I called cic , and they told me they are doing my background check and my file is in Scarborough, I dont know if they meant that it's done and Scarborough office is closed at the moment due to lockdown.