+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

snowman123

Oct 16, 2017
No, it's a "Received date", not the date they actually acknowledged the receipt. AOR was sent at the end of the October, but there is no line about it in the ecas.

Something like "We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on MMM d, yyyy".
Can others confirm if this is true?

keypad

Sep 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-10-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
15-10-2013
Med's Done....
26-10-2013
Passport Req..
15-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2015
LANDED..........
29-09-2015

rbbridge0320

Mar 21, 2020
Please kindly update my status in the spreadsheet
ECAS: In Process November 26,2020

Thank you
Is ECAS the official receiving date and then they will use that date to count for process time? How long does ECAS take after receiving AOR date? Do you think once you received AOR at least they ackowledge that the immigration services has received your application?

rbbridge0320

Mar 21, 2020
Please can you add the following update on the google spreadsheet:
In Process ecas on November 18, 2020
Thanks!
I have just checked my application Status on line, I checked with my UCI number and it said that my application received on March 25, 2020, and the acknowlege was on Sept 16, 2020 and start the process on Nov, 13, 2020. Does that mean the November 13 is my ECAS or I am suppose to receive some other correspondance to give my the ECAS date. What do you receive from Immigration Service when you get your ECAS. Also please clarify what does ECAS stand for?? Thank you so much.

supercake

Star Member
Aug 24, 2017
VANCOUVER
I have just checked my application Status on line, I checked with my UCI number and it said that my application received on March 25, 2020, and the acknowlege was on Sept 16, 2020 and start the process on Nov, 13, 2020. Does that mean the November 13 is my ECAS or I am suppose to receive some other correspondance to give my the ECAS date. What do you receive from Immigration Service when you get your ECAS. Also please clarify what does ECAS stand for?? Thank you so much.
ECAS is just the tool you use to check your application status. Nothing more.

AOR is acknowledgment of receipt. So Nov 13 is your AOR.

IP is in process. This is the step after AOR and means they are actively working through your application.

Reactions: itwillbegood

rbbridge0320

Mar 21, 2020
Is there anyone in the same boat with me. I received AOR Oct 21 till date nothing is showing in ECAS. Please what do I do at this point. Its two months since I got a AOR
I got my AOR on Sept 16 and ECAS on Nov. 13,2020. So you may get your ECAS in January of 2021, as December is a short month with all the holidays. I think if you have your UCI number then check the status in January. I am very thankful that my application is being acknowledged and it is in process. It takes time as long the application is not lost, I am happy. One of my friend received their notification of test in March 2020 and because Covid, it has been cancelled. And they are unable to take the test yet. I am happy as it is. Hope everyone can get through quickly.

bcvancouverbc

Star Member
May 30, 2017
I got my AOR on Sept 16 and ECAS on Nov. 13,2020. So you may get your ECAS in January of 2021, as December is a short month with all the holidays. I think if you have your UCI number then check the status in January. I am very thankful that my application is being acknowledged and it is in process. It takes time as long the application is not lost, I am happy. One of my friend received their notification of test in March 2020 and because Covid, it has been cancelled. And they are unable to take the test yet. I am happy as it is. Hope everyone can get through quickly.
Hi there,

As @supercake clearly stated;

ECAS is just the tool you use to check your application status. Nothing more.

AOR is acknowledgment of receipt. So Nov 13 is your AOR.

IP is in process. This is the step after AOR and means they are actively working through your application.

The pattern for your citizenship application would normally look like AOR, In progress, invitation for test and finally invitation for oath.

Happy holidays.

Reactions: Nebm31 and nicolass

doodle26

Nov 3, 2017
Need some help here - I’m unable to access my files in ECAS after AOR, tried everything - UCI, application number etc. I called IRCC once and they said they can see it and send me with all these useless instructions. I sent a web form and got generic response not related to my issue. I’m wondering how I can even solve this given I tried every single channel and nobody seems to be able to solve this issue.

Rie11

Sep 9, 2020
Need some help here - I’m unable to access my files in ECAS after AOR, tried everything - UCI, application number etc. I called IRCC once and they said they can see it and send me with all these useless instructions. I sent a web form and got generic response not related to my issue. I’m wondering how I can even solve this given I tried every single channel and nobody seems to be able to solve this issue.
Could it be that you accidentally clicked on "remove access on this website"? Because in that case, you won't be able to access it on eCAS but IRCC will still be able to see your application progress.

doodle26

Nov 3, 2017
Could it be that you accidentally clicked on "remove access on this website"? Because in that case, you won't be able to access it on eCAS but IRCC will still be able to see your application progress.
Thanks - never touched that I believe.

Streetman

Jun 21, 2016
Edmonton
Thanks - never touched that I believe.
Okay If I were you I would try every combination of last name, middle name, full name on ecas. Is your last name very long?? If yes it might be truncated in some way have you think of that? also check your AOR email the pdf attachment they printed my last name in caps letters you might wana take a look it could be a mistake in their end, I will use UCI instead of application number. If none of these works give them a call and make sure all your personal information they have in their end are correct.

Orlaith

Nov 15, 2013
Okay If I were you I would try every combination of last name, middle name, full name on ecas. Is your last name very long?? If yes it might be truncated in some way have you think of that? also check your AOR email the pdf attachment they printed my last name in caps letters you might wana take a look it could be a mistake in their end, I will use UCI instead of application number. If none of these works give them a call and make sure all your personal information they have in their end are correct.
I have been in the same situation since the beginning of my immigration process! It is terribly annoying not to be able to access my application through the ECAS system - I am very keen to hear from anyone who has actually solved this problem!