Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Sir. Now I checked my account online..payment recipient is still available in my account...do you know any person who has sent a new parcel to cic without returning old parcel
We have seen few posted saying they sent the second package due to some mistake in the first package they identified after sending the first one.
You cant get personal references/assurances to send another one. Its your wish if you want to send another one or not. Or you can wait on what happens to the first one you sent already. You need to decide.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
I also noticed a strange thing on the ECAS.

My current home address is correct.
But the current mailing address is wrong! It is the address from India where I haven't lived for 3.5 years since I moved to Canada.
Any idea on how I could get this changed?
Same case for me too. My mailing address was showing as old address i used for my pr card. I submitted address change online yesterday. Will wait for the change next month.

Deep singh dhillon

Aug 15, 2020
We have seen few posted saying they sent the second package due to some mistake in the first package they identified after sending the first one.
You cant get personal references/assurances to send another one. Its your wish if you want to send another one or not. Or you can wait on what happens to the first one you sent already. You need to decide.
Money doesn't matter for me ...I want it sure that second parcel doesn't have any negative impact on my application..because I want to send before returning old parcel

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Money doesn't matter for me ...I want it sure that second parcel doesn't have any negative impact on my application..because I want to send before returning old parcel
No negative impact. Keep a cover letter saying that your bank denied the transaction 2 days later you generated the receipt and say that you are sending a new package due to it.
As few have already done it, there is on impact we have seen.

If your bank has not deducted the money for that receipt payment then that receipt you sent is not valid as cic cannot take the money from bank. So cic would return the package. Instead of waiting for another 4 months, generate new receipt(make sure you wait till transaction is debited at your bank account and confirm with your bank) and after few days send the package to avoid any more same issue with the same bank.

FISHER321

Sep 3, 2016
So exciting to see al the AORs, and congrats to those who have received theirs!! Two questions:

1. Does AOR essentially mean that everything is correct and complete with your application? Or is it still possible for them to send it back after you receive your AOR?
2. I'm a bit nervous now because I noticed that I added the two visitor visas I have as part of the "passports and travel documents" section, as I thought those counted as travel documents (since they're documents I've used to travel haha). Do you guys think they will just ignore them since they're not travel documents, or would this be a reason for them to send my application back? :( It would not be missing information, it's just extra/unnecessary information, and I did clarify that they were visitor visas in the comments.
Visa is not a proof of travel

masood8

Oct 3, 2013
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-01-2011
Doc's Request.
20-03-2011
IELTS Request
Along File
Med's Request
05-11-2013
Med's Done....
10-12-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR1 05-10-2014 & PPR2 17-11-2014 (Submitted: 18-02-2015)
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2015
LANDED..........
29-June-2015
Visa is not a proof of travel
1. AOR means the application is complete and meet the basic requirement, but they still can ask for additional documents if required.
2. sending extra unnecessary documents could impact the AOR or further clarifications might be needed but that all depends on the agent who is working on your file.

Reactions: itwillbegood

itwillbegood

Star Member
Apr 16, 2010
Edmonton
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Islamabad/London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22 Jun 2009
Doc's Request.
14 Aug 2009
AOR Received.
7 Mar 2012
File Transfer...
30 Jun 2010
Med's Request
16 May 2012
Med's Done....
8 June 2012
Passport Req..
4 Oct 2012
VISA ISSUED...
8 Nov 2012
LANDED..........
2 Jan 2013
Excuse me , what do you mean by registries? was it indicated in AOR?
No; not mentioned in AOR. I read this in some forum that one of the considerations is to hold the test in Registries so it is supervised as well as accessible all around. Not sure how correct it is, or if there even is any such consideration.

xlnc7

Dec 10, 2015
NOC Code......
A-1122
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2015
AOR Received.
17-10-2015
Med's Done....
19-10-2015
Passport Req..
06-04-2016
Same case for me too. My mailing address was showing as old address i used for my pr card. I submitted address change online yesterday. Will wait for the change next month.
Same is the case with me.
Do we need to change the mailing address?

For me home address is fine and they can use Canadian Home address to send me any document.

Any other member in this group who has international mailing address in the application (carrying forwarded from the PR application time) and still got booklet at the canadian home address?

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
1. Do we need to change the mailing address?

2. For me home address is fine and they can use Canadian Home address to send me any document.

3. Any other member in this group who has international mailing address in the application (carrying forwarded from the PR application time) and still got booklet at the canadian home address?
1. If the address shown as mailing address is the one you need to get your mails then its fine. If not then you should change it.
2. If mailing address is different than home address then they wont send communication to home address.
3. I thought that pr card address would have been local address. How come yours show as international address?

GokulGuruprasad

Oct 26, 2015
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Do we need to change the mailing address?

For me home address is fine and they can use Canadian Home address to send me any document.

Any other member in this group who has international mailing address in the application (carrying forwarded from the PR application time) and still got booklet at the canadian home address?
1. If the address shown as mailing address is the one you need to get your mails then its fine. If not then you should change it.
2. If mailing address is different than home address then they wont send communication to home address.
3. I thought that pr card address would have been local address. How come yours show as international address?
I spoke to a call center guy with the same issue on Friday after I checked my ECAS.
He said it is an issue with the system that pulls out the old address during the time of PR as the "mailing address".

He said we don't need to change that address as it has no bearing on the process.
They don't send any mails or physical communication to that address and it all depends on the "Home Address".

He said I could change it through the online form if I wanted, but honestly he said it didn't matter.

xlnc7

Dec 10, 2015
NOC Code......
A-1122
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2015
AOR Received.
17-10-2015
Med's Done....
19-10-2015
Passport Req..
06-04-2016
I spoke to a call center guy with the same issue on Friday after I checked my ECAS.
He said it is an issue with the system that pulls out the old address during the time of PR as the "mailing address".

He said we don't need to change that address as it has no bearing on the process.
They don't send any mails or physical communication to that address and it all depends on the "Home Address".

He said I could change it through the online form if I wanted, but honestly he said it didn't matter.
Thats what i thought ! Thanks for sharing !

Did not want to further burden already burdened department with my mailing address change request :)

vinayreddy

Star Member
Nov 10, 2019

Hi, is it not mailing address they send communication normally? that is the purpose of the mailing address right?

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hi, is it not mailing address they send communication normally? that is the purpose of the mailing address right?
Exactly.

During last time I had been using mailing address for passport request and pr card hence not sure if there is any problem with the system. I doubt that the call center guy knows the process/system well enough to distinguish between mailing and home addresses or he was a lazy guy.

Thats what i thought ! Thanks for sharing !

Did not want to further burden already burdened department with my mailing address change request :)
Its nothing to do with bothering. Its their duty. if they would have updated the address correctly then why would we bother them. Nowadays they mostly email for most but few members posted on receiving post from cic. So thats why i did not want to keep the old address.

Last edited:

GokulGuruprasad

Oct 26, 2015
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Exactly.

During last time I had been using mailing address for passport request and pr card hence not sure if there is any problem with the system. I doubt that the call center guy knows the process/system well enough to distinguish between mailing and home addresses or he was a lazy guy.

Its nothing to do with bothering. Its their duty. if they would have updated the address correctly then why would we bother them. Nowadays they mostly email for most but few members posted on receiving post from cic. So thats why i did not want to keep the old address.
I don't wish to get into an argument here, but just conveyed what was told to me by the call centre agent.
He clearly said THEY DON'T SEND ANYTHING BY POST these days due to COVID, and have certainly stopped sending the study guide by post - he told me to download it from the website.
Further, he said that they're not allowed to communicate with any address outside of Canada with respect to a citizenship application, and so there's no way they'd mail anything to the old India address.

Since his advise was to leave it alone, I'm going to leave it for now. I'm sure they've encountered this situation earlier as there are lots of people who file citizenship applications but are unaware of ECAS and don't check their application online to even notice such problems; and I'm sure these problems are handled internally by CIC on a daily basis as these peoples' applications don't get rejected en masse due to such minor issues.

If you feel they're incompetent and don't know what they're doing, then please feel free to update your address; I'm certainly not going to as I was told it was OK and a LOT of people here seem to have the same problem; clearly proving that it is not a new phenomenon.