+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

Richarder

Aug 23, 2020
Hello house,

My name is Richard, I just found out about this forum; it is very enlightened . . .

I have just one question:

I sent in my application on Mar. 06, 2020 and It was received on Mar. 11, 2020. Still waiting AOR

After reading some of the applicants here in feb, 2020 forum, I just got paranoid about one thing I saw in my application just now

For the employment history (No 11), on the application form: I filled everything out without any GAP, starting from my most recent job. However, in between I also added all my par-time jobs, so it was not really in continuous order! However, there is no gap from that date I qualify in March, 2015 to Present.

The only thing is that, I stated all the job from 2015 to 2019 and there is no gap, not even a day but they were not listed in continous order

Please help answer, will the application be rejected?

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
I don't wish to get into an argument here, but just conveyed what was told to me by the call centre agent.
He clearly said THEY DON'T SEND ANYTHING BY POST these days due to COVID, and have certainly stopped sending the study guide by post - he told me to download it from the website.
Further, he said that they're not allowed to communicate with any address outside of Canada with respect to a citizenship application, and so there's no way they'd mail anything to the old India address.

Since his advise was to leave it alone, I'm going to leave it for now. I'm sure they've encountered this situation earlier as there are lots of people who file citizenship applications but are unaware of ECAS and don't check their application online to even notice such problems; and I'm sure these problems are handled internally by CIC on a daily basis as these peoples' applications don't get rejected en masse due to such minor issues.

If you feel they're incompetent and don't know what they're doing, then please feel free to update your address; I'm certainly not going to as I was told it was OK and a LOT of people here seem to have the same problem; clearly proving that it is not a new phenomenon.
Me too. No issues. I am just trying to mention that mailing address has been used by cic consistently in some cases and inconsistently in some cases hence updating correct mailing address is important.

Based on my experience, mailing address is important and cic uses the mailing address for sure. I received my passport stamping done mailed from Canada to US(ups po box which was my mailing address from the beginning). Received by PR card to SK(ups po box) mailing address(while home address was still US). Thats why per me, not all workers at govt office are experts as lot of new joinees(or new to this dept/area) for sure like in any private sector.

I can see some receive postal communication like below and had seen quite a few like this for stages of aor, test and fp too. My colleague a year ago received his aor by post(many received by email too). So cic is not consistent in some cases.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/oath-ceremony-and-passport.676765/#post-8466642

2be_canadian

Star Member
Jul 4, 2015
Guys , I saw on fb group someone asked during oath about citizenship test ( for her daughter -was canceled ) and they answered it will be online from September...
I was wrote somewhere on forum I think it will be in September, hopefully this is true.

Reactions: VictorCA

Usher9387

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
I already mentioned in this forum about online test is coming but don't know when. I don't know why Mod deleted my earlier post.

The pre-requirement " Need to be spend min an hr with the computer" to complete the test

houhou1987

Aug 23, 2020
I have sent my application in March and based on the tracking of Canada post, the case processing center received it on March 7th. Since that day, I am still waiting for an email from them that says they received my application. I received nothing from them till this day. Is that normal? I emailed them 2 weeks ago through the the IRCC webform and they replied saying that they are still processing applications from January. Is that normal?

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Guys , I saw on fb group someone asked during oath about citizenship test ( for her daughter -was canceled ) and they answered it will be online from September...
I was wrote somewhere on forum I think it will be in September, hopefully this is true.
I already mentioned in this forum about online test is coming but don't know when. I don't know why Mod deleted my earlier post.

The pre-requirement " Need to be spend min an hr with the computer" to complete the test
Hopefully they bring online test within in this year to clear 2019 backlogs. If not its going to be a very long year even in 2021(apart from 2020 is being lengthy).
I wish they dont extend our applications' processing beyond 2021 at least.

Richarder

Aug 23, 2020
Hello house,

My name is Richard, I just found out about this forum; it is very enlightened . . .

I have just one question:

I sent in my application on Mar. 06, 2020 and It was received on Mar. 11, 2020. Still waiting AOR

After reading some of the applicants here in feb, 2020 forum, I just got paranoid about one thing I saw in my application just now

For the employment history (No 11), on the application form: I filled everything out without any GAP, starting from my most recent job. However, in between I also added all my par-time jobs, so it was not really in continuous order! However, there is no gap from that date I qualify in March, 2015 to Present.

The only thing is that, I stated all the job from 2015 to 2019 and there is no gap, not even a day but they were not listed in continous order

Please help answer, will the application be rejected?

Just wondering if someone can help answering this ..... thank you