+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

immg.applicant

Oct 8, 2020
Congratulations! I
I applied on March 2020 as well. Then Covid hit and all went to get deep sleep. Then got AOR on Aug, 2020. Then got fingerprint request on March 2021 and did that, background check status turned to completed on May, 2021. Waiting and waiting then got test invite
and did the test on October 2021. Now waiting and waiting and got a surprise that my background status turned to in progress since February 2022. Now I am waiting and waiting and feeling like stupid and hopeless!!
Did anyone went through same situation??
Can someone please tell me what will be the next? What should I do now?? Thank you
Try sending an email to the email address mentioned in your test invite. It should be the email address for the office that is handling your application.
I know its tough to go through this stupid scenario.
I know I might run into the same in August this year if I don't get the oath invite.

dlee_ca

Jan 5, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2015/05
AOR Received.
2015/07
File Transfer...
2015/09
Med's Done....
2015/08
VISA ISSUED...
2016/02
LANDED..........
2016/06
Finally, completed the whole process in 2 years. Thank you for the information provided here.

jeromeeric

Star Member
Nov 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 19, 2014
Nomination.....
Jan 16,2015( CC Charged) PER- Feb 11,2015
File Transfer...
July 14, 2015
Med's Request
July 14,2015
Med's Done....
July 22, 2015 (TLU-July 28,2015)
Interview........
Hopefully Waived!!!
Passport Req..
August 17, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
September 8, 2015
LANDED..........
Not decided yet
Received my citizenship certificate today, March 18th

Oath Date: March 14, 2022
Office: Scarborough

JMG02

Mar 21, 2022
March 2020 Applicant from Ottawa office
It is so frustrating how people from 2021 are getting the oath invitation but not us!
Here is my and my husband process

March 2020: App sent
Sept 2020: Aor
Jan 2021: BG completed
19 Jan 2022: test invite/
23 Janv 2022: Test passed
31 Janv 2022: test completed
17 feb 2022: everything else completed
17 feb 2022: DM
Oath: not started

InTheQueue...

Oct 5, 2021
Congratulations! I
I applied on March 2020 as well. Then Covid hit and all went to get deep sleep. Then got AOR on Aug, 2020. Then got fingerprint request on March 2021 and did that, background check status turned to completed on May, 2021. Waiting and waiting then got test invite
and did the test on October 2021. Now waiting and waiting and got a surprise that my background status turned to in progress since February 2022. Now I am waiting and waiting and feeling like stupid and hopeless!!
Did anyone went through same situation??
Can someone please tell me what will be the next? What should I do now?? Thank you
Following as I am in the same situation.
Exact same dates - applied March 2020, AOR August 2020, Fingerprint request March 2021, Background Check completed May 2021, Test invite and completion October 2021, Decision Made December 10, 2021... and now I see that Background Check has gone back to In Process and my file has gone from Decision Made back to In Process... Super frustrating... Did your file also have "Decision Made"?

ratul2k14

Aug 21, 2014
Ottawa
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-08-2014
Med's Done....
11-02-15
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
14-05-15
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-15
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
March 2020 Applicant from Ottawa office
It is so frustrating how people from 2021 are getting the oath invitation but not us!
Here is my and my husband process

March 2020: App sent
Sept 2020: Aor
Jan 2021: BG completed
19 Jan 2022: test invite/
23 Janv 2022: Test passed
31 Janv 2022: test completed
17 feb 2022: everything else completed
17 feb 2022: DM
Oath: not started
I am in the Same Boat, Took Test on Jan 30th, 2022. Are you added to the Spreadsheet?

Peche

Nov 1, 2021
Following as I am in the same situation.
Exact same dates - applied March 2020, AOR August 2020, Fingerprint request March 2021, Background Check completed May 2021, Test invite and completion October 2021, Decision Made December 10, 2021... and now I see that Background Check has gone back to In Process and my file has gone from Decision Made back to In Process... Super frustrating... Did your file also have "Decision Made"?
Something similar happened to me. My application was in "Decision Made" (October/21) and then in December changed to "In Process". It was so frustating.
Then, In January changed again to "Decision Made". I contacted IRCC through the web form and after a month I got an oath invite and a few days later an email replying about my concern (web form). I am not sure if it was a coincidence or not.
I got my citizenship ceremony this month and my certificate was delivered today.

Reactions: Mthornt

InTheQueue...

Oct 5, 2021
Something similar happened to me. My application was in "Decision Made" (October/21) and then in December changed to "In Process". It was so frustating.
Then, In January changed again to "Decision Made". I contacted IRCC through the web form and after a month I got an oath invite and a few days later an email replying about my concern (web form). I am not sure if it was a coincidence or not.
I got my citizenship ceremony this month and my certificate was delivered today.
Congratulations on completing the process! And thanks for sharing your experience. Did yours also go back to "in process" because the Background Check was changed from "complete" to "in progress"? I'm really hoping they're not going to ask me to do another background check - it took them over 2 months to mark my background check as complete after giving my fingerprints last year...
At what stage did you contact IRCC?

Peche

Nov 1, 2021
Congratulations on completing the process! And thanks for sharing your experience. Did yours also go back to "in-process" because the Background Check was changed from "complete" to "in progress"? I'm really hoping they're not going to ask me to do another background check - it took them over 2 months to mark my background check as complete after giving my fingerprints last year...
At what stage did you contact IRCC?
I have no idea why it changed back to "In process". I contacted IRCC in February/22 telling them that my application had exceeded the "normal" time processing (12 months) and more details regarding my application.
Anyway, not much we can do rather than wait and wait and wait... which generates anxiety and frustration
I hope u get some news soon.

Flori-Ana

Star Member
Jan 28, 2019
I'm on the same boat as you guys: had sent fingerprints in February 2021, background check was Complete but February 2022 changed to In process, and I got a new fingerprint request because the ones I sent last year expired. Last year it took them a month to update the Tracker system after I sent the fingerprints, but this time it took a bit longer, however I just got an update of fingerprints received and background check complete. Only Prohibitions is still In Progress, and Citizenship Ceremony, 'Not Started'.

Last edited:

InTheQueue...

Oct 5, 2021
Hi admin, can you please update the spreadsheet for me? Decision made on March 25, 2022. Thanks!
Congrats! I got asked to provide fingerprints again too - so did so yesterday. How many days did it take between when you provided your fingerprints and completion of the background check this time? The guy at the fingerprinting place told me the RCMP have been experiencing delays reporting the background checks due to a paper shortage... just wondering how long I can expect to wait until I return to Decision Made status again (and join the back of the oath queue again...).

mrbreizh

Star Member
Jun 11, 2021
Congrats! I got asked to provide fingerprints again too - so did so yesterday. How many days did it take between when you provided your fingerprints and completion of the background check this time? The guy at the fingerprinting place told me the RCMP have been experiencing delays reporting the background checks due to a paper shortage... just wondering how long I can expect to wait until I return to Decision Made status again (and join the back of the oath queue again...).
After covid, we have the paper shortage situation .... seriously ... o_O