FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
09-03-2020
Med's Done....
07-04-2020
Good luck!
I also considered re-applying BUT...
My only concern is if IRCC stops having category-specific draws as Canada is opening its border little by little recently...
It’s a tough call. I have enough score for both the draws before the pandemic and the recent ones. Firstly I’ll put a smaller scoring profile so the docs required are minimal, and all Canadian based to expedite the process.

victormorita1

Sep 8, 2021
I just had a conversation with an official immigration consultant, and he told me that currently, the IRCC is focusing 90% to process the refugee applications and what we see in the processing time (Express Entry) at the IRCC webpage cannot be considered.

While the situation in Afghanistan doesn't improve our applications will stay in limbo and the backlog will increase more and more :/

Also, the IRCC has recently recommended all those who applied for a temporary permit before September 7 2021 to re-apply for a faster response... it sounds like a joke but it's an official statement LFMAO Can you imagine what will happen to our application as a consequence of all this? AND we have the election on top of it! lol

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/visa.html

I will apply for the bridge permit just in case.

Reactions: HiThere12

AshRK

Star Member
Feb 14, 2020
Spoke to an agent and she said she can't tell the status of the application as this is not an urgent concern. I am like wtf. CeC inland applicant still waiting for any movement and now they have even stopped giving updates over the phone as well. This is absolute farce.

Canex17

Feb 26, 2020
Spoke to an agent and she said she can't tell the status of the application as this is not an urgent concern. I am like wtf. CeC inland applicant still waiting for any movement and now they have even stopped giving updates over the phone as well. This is absolute farce.
They've stopped giving updates across all channels it seems. I submitted a webform the other day. I expected a response in the usual 1-2 weeks. I received a response within 6 hours saying my query isn't related to the Afghan Crisis. Never got a response so quickly.... and it was just to brush me off. :rolleyes:

Alina2222

Apr 16, 2019
They've stopped giving updates across all channels it seems. I submitted a webform the other day. I expected a response in the usual 1-2 weeks. I received a response within 6 hours saying my query isn't related to the Afghan Crisis. Never got a response so quickly.... and it was just to brush me off. :rolleyes:
Same here. I’ve submitted the copy of my new passport as a webform and received an email from IRCC saying that I wouldn’t get any response unless my case is Afghan-related‍

Johnjacobb

May 19, 2020
Same here. I’ve submitted the copy of my new passport as a webform and received an email from IRCC saying that I wouldn’t get any response unless my case is Afghan-related‍
Thats a generic response.

They evaluate if your webform is on their priority list and send you a proper response 7-10 days after submission.

That was my recent experience

Reactions: Alina2222

HiThere12

Mar 4, 2021
I applied for my 2nd bridging work permit last week. My husband is in the country and applied for a visitor visa extension in May...the recommendation to reapply is crazy!

Paula93

Jan 31, 2020
Hi guys,
I can understand the frustration level of everyone waiting since beginning of 2020 as I am also in that uncertain situation.
However, I recently emailed the Singapore VO asking them for an estimated date of receiving the PPR/Copr and fortunately they replied positively saying I can expect a request from their office to submit passports or other pending docs within the next 90 days
I also informed them about changing my current location soon and visit my in laws in the middle east.

@legalfalcon could you enlighten me on this feedback from the VO? I am hoping it is a positive one.

Reactions: ambee

Katatsukeru

Star Member
Mar 13, 2021
Hi guys,
I can understand the frustration level of everyone waiting since beginning of 2020 as I am also in that uncertain situation.
However, I recently emailed the Singapore VO asking them for an estimated date of receiving the PPR/Copr and fortunately they replied positively saying I can expect a request from their office to submit passports or other pending docs within the next 90 days
I also informed them about changing my current location soon and visit my in laws in the middle east.

@legalfalcon could you enlighten me on this feedback from the VO? I am hoping it is a positive one.
Singapore (and indeed any non-Ottawa) VO is much more efficient than Ottawa. That's it.
The fate of being dumped to Ottawa VO is the one single misfortune.

Olaoluadefemi

Mar 18, 2020
Hi guys.. Its been difficult for us all but, we just have to hold and and keep being strong.

A quick question please. I just had a baby a month ago and sent a webform to info IRCC. I got this reply yesterday:

The following is mandatory for accompanying AND non-accompanying children, unless otherwise stated. The following information/documents must be received within 30 days from the date of this correspondence. If this deadline is not met, your application will be assessed based on the information available and could be rejected.
1. Processing fee for each accompanying child If your child will be accompanying you to Canada at this time, a processing fee of $225 must be paid for their application. The payment of this fee must be made online:
2. Forms
- Updated Generic Application form for Canada IMM 0008;
- Updated Additional Family Information form IMM 5406.
3. Documents  Copy of your child’s birth certificate;  Copy of your child’s valid passport*; * Photo page only and, if applicable, amendment page(s).
4. ......doesn't matter, it's for 18yrs and above
5. Medical certificate Your child will have to undergo a medical examination by an authorized CIC panel physician, whether or not they will be accompanying you to Canada. We will send you the appropriate forms upon receipt and review of the documents listed above. If they have already completed the medical exam, please submit a copy of the eMedical form via MyCIC.

@legalfalcon and everyone please.. Does this imply I have to get her an Int'l passport within this 30 days? Also, do u advice I go for the medicals n send it together or wait for their reply first?

Thank you all for your kindness

mamunhussaini

Feb 23, 2021
Hi All,

I have a few questions regarding my ongoing outland express entry PR application.

To share the timeline with you:
AOR: March 14, 2020
Biometric Collection Letter: May 4, 2020. However, due to the closure of biometric collection centers in India, I was only able to give my biometrics on February 26, 2021, which was uploaded to the portal on the same day.
Medical passed (2nd instance) - Medical was requested in the month of March 2021 and was cleared within 3-4 business days.

Post this there has been no update on the application and it is stuck in limbo since then.

The only message I see in my profile is:

"Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information."
The questions I had regarding my application are as follows:
  1. Do I wait with my current application or withdraw this and apply again? (Assuming I am ready to take the hit in terms of expenses for application and ancillary purposes)
  2. Should I try getting GCMS notes? I have a contact in Canada that might be able to get it for me (Is this possible? Will it have any benefits?)
Honestly, to say the wait has been tiring would be an understatement. I have been putting off a few life decisions with the expectation of my application being approved, but at the moment, it seems like a distant dream.

Thank you for taking the time out and reading my ordeal. Any leads will be appreciated.

Gmak38

Aug 30, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New delhi
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
15-08-2020
Doc's Request.
7-09-2020
AOR Received.
15-08-2020
Med's Request
11-09-2020
Med's Done....
13-09-2020
Outland/inland.... If outland then please wait for PPR as things have started moving. If you withdraw not when fsw draws are not being held(don't know when they'll resume) you'll be loosing out on more time and if and after the govt changes who knows what policy changes they'll bring in.... So too many iffs. Hang on dear... I personally know how tiring frustrating nerve cracking it is....personal advice... Hang one for a bit more

Reactions: ambee

Praneethav

Oct 3, 2018
Hi All,

I have a few questions regarding my ongoing outland express entry PR application.

Biometric Collection Letter: May 4, 2020. However, due to the closure of biometric collection centers in India, I was only able to give my biometrics on February 26, 2021, which was uploaded to the portal on the same day.
Medical passed (2nd instance) - Medical was requested in the month of March 2021 and was cleared within 3-4 business days.

Post this there has been no update on the application and it is stuck in limbo since then.
This is exactly my same application status lol.

AOR : March 14th 2020
Biometric Collection : April 28th , Because of closure of VFS offices in India, submitted my biometrics on March 1st, 2021
Remedical Request : March 3rd, 2021 and it was passed again after 5 days.

Have you raised any GCMS request? What does all the sections say?

In mycic account "It does say , we are processing your background check" However, i never noticed any ghost updates.

Reactions: immicow

immicow

Jan 9, 2020
Hi All,

The only message I see in my profile is:

"Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information."
The questions I had regarding my application are as follows:
  1. Do I wait with my current application or withdraw this and apply again? (Assuming I am ready to take the hit in terms of expenses for application and ancillary purposes)
  2. Should I try getting GCMS notes? I have a contact in Canada that might be able to get it for me (Is this possible? Will it have any benefits?)
Honestly, to say the wait has been tiring would be an understatement. I have been putting off a few life decisions with the expectation of my application being approved, but at the moment, it seems like a distant dream.

Thank you for taking the time out and reading my ordeal. Any leads will be appreciated.

This is exactly my same application status lol.

AOR : March 14th 2020
Biometric Collection : April 28th , Because of closure of VFS offices in India, submitted my biometrics on March 1st, 2021
Remedical Request : March 3rd, 2021 and it was passed again after 5 days.

Have you raised any GCMS request? What does all the sections say?

In mycic account "It does say , we are processing your background check" However, i never noticed any ghost updates.
I have the same AOR and Bio Submission date.
I didnt even receive a re-med request yet. My medical stands expired so far. No updates online about medical after Expiry.

Can I know which VO your application is processed? Mine is Sydney, NS

My details are in my Signature. I had a few ghost updates during May/June. I checked my app status in July. It still said my background check is still in progress and re-med isn't initiated.

I am confused.

Praneethav

Oct 3, 2018
I have the same AOR and Bio Submission date.
I didnt even receive a re-med request yet. My medical stands expired so far. No updates online about medical after Expiry.

Can I know which VO your application is processed? Mine is Sydney, NS

My details are in my Signature. I had a few ghost updates during May/June. I checked my app status in July. It still said my background check is still in progress and re-med isn't initiated.

I am confused.
Ottawa is processing my application. If yours is Sydney, then the chances are likely that you applied under PNP category right? I'm not really sure if this is random, but few Jan and Feb applicants also did not receive any extensions or re-medical requests. For some, they did not even start the security yet.