+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***>>> March 2020 AOR <<<***

anonotterpanda

May 4, 2021
Multiple permanent residence applications

If you are applying to immigrate to Canada, there are many immigration categories available to you. Please note that the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) does not prohibit multiple applications*.

If an applicant has more than one application for permanent residence (APR) approved, the responsible office will advise them to choose the category/class under which they would like to be granted permanent resident status.

Once permanent resident status is granted, any other pending APR should be withdrawn and the applicant notified.

*For example, you may apply simultaneously for two different streams in the economic class (e.g., Federal Skilled Worker Class and Provincial Nominee Class).

"The line clearly states it doesn't prohibit multiple PR applications.Further,PNP can be general and express entry too as far as I understand...so not sure how to interpret this."
I see. You have a point, and the official text doesn’t explicitly prohibit these applications. It does prohibit multiple “profiles”, explicitly, but I think that’s related to having two or more “profiles” in the system for ITA.

I’ll do my own research on this, and call IRCC/Lawyer tomorrow too. Will update here what I find out.
@legalfalcon Can you chime in? @legalfalcon_India

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018

Aspirant2506

Star Member
Sep 22, 2014
Hello,
Please help with below question:
Should we raise webform for "Change of Address" even if the new address is in same city as IRCC records ? As per GCMS, the application is in approved status with no communication from Oct 01, 2020.
Please advise.

Tan_m

Feb 14, 2020
Hmm.... I called twice today. The first one said I can. The second one got confused and said No. I have called 8 times on this and out of that 7 times has been affirmative.

Nvm I have already applied under two streams- FSW and CEC. Not sure what the future holds :(

I did ask my college immigration officer - She was not sure and asked me to contact IRCC - which is the source of truth here and open to interpretation depending upon the agent you are talking.

Hello,

How did you contact IRCC because whenever I called always received this answer from automatic recorder "there are high volume of call we can not connect you this time". I have been trying to call them from last month.

Its been 17 months, I am waiting for the decision and its hard for me to have patience anymore.

If you can help me, that would be great.

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Hello,
Please help with below question:
Should we raise webform for "Change of Address" even if the new address is in same city as IRCC records ? As per GCMS, the application is in approved status with no communication from Oct 01, 2020.
Please advise.
If you change country, thats the time when you should be updating IRCC.

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Hello,

How did you contact IRCC because whenever I called always received this answer from automatic recorder "there are high volume of call we can not connect you this time". I have been trying to call them from last month.

Its been 17 months, I am waiting for the decision and its hard for me to have patience anymore.

You can submit a webform or get a Virtual number of Canada and then call the toll free.

Gomze

Jul 18, 2021
Hello,

Are you in Canada? Wait time is high.It generally takes about 45-50 minutes. If you can manage a bit of French sometimes it helps

Tan_m

Feb 14, 2020
Are you in Canada? Wait time is high.It generally takes about 45-50 minutes. If you can manage a bit of French sometimes it helps
Yes , I am in Canada. but, I don't understand French at all. if you can tell me how did you connect with them I means what option you chose from the given. I think that would be helpful.

Gomze

Jul 18, 2021
Yes , I am in Canada. but, I don't understand French at all. if you can tell me how did you connect with them I means what option you chose from the given. I think that would be helpful.
I just called the IRCC helpline 1-888-242-2100 and didn't face any problem (Except the long waiting time).

Although yesterday when I called most of the agents were diverted to the afghan issue.

Last edited:

Tan_m

Feb 14, 2020
I just called the IRCC helpline 1-888-242-2100 and didn't face any problem (Except the long waiting time).

Although yesterday when I called most of the agents were diverted to the afghan issue.
I tried but the call always disconnect automatically.

MortyC137

Star Member
Sep 9, 2020
I tried but the call always disconnect automatically.
I finally managed to call them today.
After 5 - 10 minutes, they invite you to press 0 to speak to an agent.
Then they quickly explain that all the agents are busy and they immediately hang up. No waiting list.

Tan_m

Feb 14, 2020
I finally managed to call them today.
After 5 - 10 minutes, they invite you to press 0 to speak to an agent.
Then they quickly explain that all the agents are busy and they immediately hang up. No waiting list.
Yes, same thing is happening with me. I don't know how to contact them. I tried to contact MP as well and they only provide the information which is on the GC key account and when I asked her to ask IRCC about the reason for delay then she gave me the COVID-19 excuse after that she became very rude to reply any of my questions.