Toronto. Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
09-03-2020
Med's Done....
07-04-2020
I'm trying to apply for CEC in parallel to my current FSW-Inland application. I have questions:

- Can I have multiple EE applications running in parallel (FSW and CEC)?
- What should I answer in the question: "Has <client> applied for Express Entry before? (required)"
I’m waiting to reapply once they finished withdrawing my application.
1) no, according to IRCC policy, you shall not have 2 express entry application. If you try adding a second the system won’t let you, and if your create a second CIC account, it’s on you but you might be misrepresenting yourself.
2) on the question, I thought about that, I would prefer to answer no, but that would be a lie, unfortunately...

eduardo_brazil

Star Member
Mar 1, 2020
Toronto. Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
09-03-2020
Med's Done....
07-04-2020
I see.

Any FSW-Inland applicants who’ve already put in withdrawal request, or thinking about it?

How long would it take? My current application status is in my signature.
I put the request on wed. I’ll share what happens next. I was told it takes 2 weeks, so hopeful to get an ITA in the Sep 9th draw for CEC.

anonotterpanda

May 4, 2021
1) no, according to IRCC policy, you shall not have 2 express entry application. If you try adding a second the system won’t let you, and if your create a second CIC account, it’s on you but you might be misrepresenting yourself.
2) on the question, I thought about that, I would prefer to answer no, but that would be a lie, unfortunately...
Are you Inland or Outland?

Never mind, saw your signature.

eduardo_brazil

Star Member
Mar 1, 2020
Toronto. Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
09-03-2020
Med's Done....
07-04-2020
Are you Inland or Outland?

Never mind, saw your signature.
I’m Inland, I’m in canada for over 4 years. Surprised?
Its weird that there are both Inland CEC and FSW applications from the pre-pandemic period that seem to be in a dark whole, while new CEC applications are processing very fast.
Which is why I’ve decided to withdraw after 17 months and fight for another ITA through CEC class...

anonotterpanda

May 4, 2021
I’m Inland, I’m in canada for over 4 years. Surprised?
Its weird that there are both Inland CEC and FSW applications from the pre-pandemic period that seem to be in a dark whole, while new CEC applications are processing very fast.
Which is why I’ve decided to withdraw after 17 months and fight for another ITA through CEC class...
Trust me, this is just ridiculous. Been in Canada for 4 years too, FSW-Inland. I've created a new GCKey and put in my EE profile up for next draw, should be easy walk in the park. I've actually DISCLOSED that I have another EE application (the questionnaire for EE profile asks if you have applied to EE before, and what's the appliation number). I gave the application number as well for my FSW-Inland application. Regardless, things went smoothly and I was able to submit the profile to pool.

Medical is not required from what I'm hearing

In-Canada permanent residence applicants

You’re exempt from completing an additional immigration medical exam (IME) if

• you have applied, or you are applying for permanent residence and
  • you are already residing in Canada and
  • you have completed your immigration medical exam in the last 5 years and
  • an IRCC medical officer found your medical exam as low risk or no risk to public health or public safety
If you’ve already completed an IME and are applying for permanent residence, make sure you provide an IME number (or unique medical identifier number) from your previous medical exam in your application.

Learn more about the temporary public policy, which is in effect until December 28, 2021.
PCC is valid too:

For any other country, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row.

Some countries put expiry dates on their police certificates. If you have a police certificate that expired, include it. We’ll accept it if:

• it was issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row
  • it is not for the country where you currently live
An officer may ask for a new one later on.
Transcripts, degrees, passport etc are already available. Experience letters and pay stubs are available.

The only dilemma is: The Canadian government are opening up the borders for ALL fully-vaccinated travellers starting September 7th: https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/news/2021/07/government-of-canada-announces-easing-of-border-measures-for-fully-vaccinated-travellers.html

Chances are if this goes as planned, there's reason to believe that FSW-Inland and Outland applications should start processing, as any new PR individual can legally enter the country now.

I'm thinking of waiting until that day, making sure the borders open. If they do, I'll probably wait for 2-4 weeks more, if the date gets delayed, I'll put in withdrawal request and go the CEC path. Meanwhile I'll have the ITA for CEC, and 60 days (if I'm not wrong) to act on that ITA and start the CEC application.

Gomze

Jul 18, 2021
1.How can creating a second cic account be a misrepresentation? I have created one for study permit, created another one for PGWP,created another one for visitor visa for pgwp permit and they all went fine.
2. I am confident that you can create two applications provided that they are in different streams.I called Ircc and they told me I can.

Last edited:
Reactions: John david

anonotterpanda

May 4, 2021
1.How can creating a second cic account be a misrepresentation? I have created one for study permit, created another one for PGWP,created another one for visitor visa for pgwp permit and they all went fine.
2. I am confident that you can create two applications provided that they are in different streams.I called Ircc and they told me I can.
I think the emphasis is on the word “stream”.

Express Entry is a “stream”, while FSW and CEC are “programs”.

I believe you can have multiple applications in different “streams”, which can be one in EE, one in PNP, one in one of the new temporary pathways etc.

But having multiple applications within a single “stream”, that is, one FSW and one CEC is frowned upon.

Gomze

Jul 18, 2021

I believe you can have multiple applications in different “streams”, which can be one in EE, one in PNP, one in one of the new temporary pathways etc.

But having multiple applications within a single “stream”, that is, one FSW and one CEC is frowned upon.
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

If you are applying to immigrate to Canada, there are many immigration categories available to you. Please note that theImmigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) does not prohibit multiple applications*.

If an applicant has more than one application for permanent residence (APR) approved, the responsible office will advise them to choose the category/class under which they would like to be granted permanent resident status.

Once permanent resident status is granted, any other pending APR should be withdrawn and the applicant notified.

*For example, you may apply simultaneously for two different streams in the economic class (e.g., Federal Skilled Worker Class and Provincial Nominee Class).

Furthermore, we verified the information on your file. We can confirm that you have created a new Express Entry (EE) profile and have been accepted to the EE pool

I did call them and they told me I can have two applications one in FSW and one in CEC. I am not sure about the idea of it being frowned upon

eduardo_brazil

Star Member
Mar 1, 2020
Toronto. Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
09-03-2020
Med's Done....
07-04-2020

not only frowned upon but it’s ilegal, you will be misrepresenting yourself. That is also true for PNP, but for technicalities, I think they don’t mind..

Can I have more than one Express Entry profile?
No. You may only have one profile at a time. This is set out in Canada’s immigration law.
Creating more than one profile will not give you a better chance at being invited or allow you to be invited under a different program.”
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=864&top=29

anonotterpanda

May 4, 2021
not only frowned upon but it’s ilegal, you will be misrepresenting yourself. That is also true for PNP, but for technicalities, I think they don’t mind..

Can I have more than one Express Entry profile?
No. You may only have one profile at a time. This is set out in Canada’s immigration law.
Creating more than one profile will not give you a better chance at being invited or allow you to be invited under a different program.”
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=864&top=29
Not agreeing or disagreeing, but you may also want to clarify the difference between an “application” and a “profile”.

I believe (and I may be wrong here), a profile is what you have BEFORE an ITA is extended. An application is what you submit once you get an ITA.

Ill call IRCC today and confirm too, maybe talk to an immigration lawyer as well about this.

Gomze

Jul 18, 2021
Not agreeing or disagreeing, but you may also want to clarify the difference between an “application” and a “profile”.

I believe (and I may be wrong here), a profile is what you have BEFORE an ITA is extended. An application is what you submit once you get an ITA.

Ill call IRCC today and confirm too, maybe talk to an immigration lawyer as well about this.
Hmm.... I called twice today. The first one said I can. The second one got confused and said No. I have called 8 times on this and out of that 7 times has been affirmative.

Nvm I have already applied under two streams- FSW and CEC. Not sure what the future holds :(

I did ask my college immigration officer - She was not sure and asked me to contact IRCC - which is the source of truth here and open to interpretation depending upon the agent you are talking.

Last edited:

anonotterpanda

May 4, 2021
Hmm.... I called twice today. The first one said I can. The second one got confused and said No. I have called 8 times on this and out of that 7 times has been affirmative.

Nvm I have already applied under two streams- FSW and CEC. Not sure what the future holds :(

I did ask my college immigration officer - She was not sure and asked me to contact IRCC - which is the source of truth here.
Did you specifically mention that you’re inquiring about FSW and CEC applications?

Gomze

Jul 18, 2021
Did you specifically mention that you’re inquiring about FSW and CEC applications?
Yes. I was pretty clear. I told them I already have FSW in progress and wanted to apply for CEC.

They told me as long as I am eligible I can do so.

Although I am getting conflicting reports now and there is lack of clarity around it

Gomze

Jul 18, 2021
Multiple permanent residence applications

If you are applying to immigrate to Canada, there are many immigration categories available to you. Please note that the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) does not prohibit multiple applications*.

If an applicant has more than one application for permanent residence (APR) approved, the responsible office will advise them to choose the category/class under which they would like to be granted permanent resident status.

Once permanent resident status is granted, any other pending APR should be withdrawn and the applicant notified.

*For example, you may apply simultaneously for two different streams in the economic class (e.g., Federal Skilled Worker Class and Provincial Nominee Class).

"The line clearly states it doesn't prohibit multiple PR applications.Further,PNP can be general and express entry too as far as I understand...so not sure how to interpret this."

Last edited: