+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***>>> March 2020 AOR <<<***

MortyC137

Star Member
Sep 9, 2020
Hello FSW-India folks,

What is your optimistic hunch of when we will get our PPRs
(provided COVID doesn't have further surprises and vaccinations continue at current pace) :

My Guess is ~Dec 2021

Its based on below theory:

July - CA-US Border opens for fully vaccinated people
Aug - If Covid cases do not rise, CA opens travel from EU/Australia open for fully vaccinated people
Sept - CA allows fully vaccinated students
Oct - Processing restarts for FSW-O.
Nov - IRCC starts handing over PPRs for fully vaccinated folks starting with approved backlog (Nov 2019)
Dec - PPR for Fully vaccinated folks

Please share your thoughts. Dire need for some positivity.
I don't think IRCC will ask for proof of vaccination before issuing PPRs.
It is too much work. They can barely keep up with the GCMS requests, despite being both simple and not new, with an existing legal framework.
Maybe they can ask for proof at the same time as the PPR (actual passport + vaccine passport copy).
But I think it is more likely that they slowly issue PPRs regardless of vaccination status, and delegate the vaccination check to airlines and border controls, like they would do for ordinary travelers.

Pure speculation of course.

matteosc

Apr 6, 2020
I don't think IRCC will ask for proof of vaccination before issuing PPRs.
It is too much work. They can barely keep up with the GCMS requests, despite being both simple and not new, with an existing legal framework.
Maybe they can ask for proof at the same time as the PPR (actual passport + vaccine passport copy).
But I think it is more likely that they slowly issue PPRs regardless of vaccination status, and delegate the vaccination check to airlines and border controls, like they would do for ordinary travelers.

Pure speculation of course.
GCMS requests are handled by a separate entity, they do not take officers' time. They have the same personnel they had before, they are simply working on 2021 CEC applications; on those they are actually going really fast.

warid

Aug 31, 2019
I just learnt that IRCC issued COPRs even after March 2020. But no COPR for the candidates based in India. Does it mean that IRCC is being selective in issuing COPRs to applicants who have passed all the stages already as per GCMS notes?

Reactions: immicow

immicow

Jan 9, 2020
I just learnt that IRCC issued COPRs even after March 2020. But no COPR for the candidates based in India. Does it mean that IRCC is being selective in issuing COPRs to applicants who have passed all the stages already as per GCMS notes?
I think it mostly has to do with - most of Indian residents completed biometrics on and after Feb 26.
People from other countries completed months before that and where already ahead of us in the queue.
The processing of outland applicants was also given lesser priority. Now that we are exempted from restrictions, I expect the processing will speed up.

Reactions: warid and iona_p

Maulakh

Star Member
Aug 24, 2020
I am from India and i completed my biometrics in oct in Dubai. Still waiting on COPR after noticing all approved in GCMS notes in Novmbr

Zaluzhna

May 15, 2019
Anyone has had 2 medical extensions?

I was told on the phone that my medicals were extended on April 20th, however there was no update on the portal... I logged in this morning and saw an update saying my medicals were extended on June 21st?

habibi123

Star Member
Nov 22, 2020

I was told on the phone that my medicals were extended on April 20th, however there was no update on the portal... I logged in this morning and saw an update saying my medicals were extended on June 21st?
Almost the same thing for me, extended on Apr 20 (phone), shows up on portal Jun 18.

vgjdfhj

Star Member
Sep 25, 2020

COPR is coming for you guys then.
Congratulations!

Reactions: habibi123