+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***>>> March 2020 AOR <<<***

Sunny0014

Aug 1, 2018
CEC Mar 22 AOR, still waiting
Who else have ZS11947 officer assigned to their file.

@legalfalcon: i order GCMS notes a while back and the last update says "Fingerprint: due to skin",
Back in 2019 i gave my biometrics in India and at that time i had a temporary skin issue but they accepted the biometric.
do you think that concerning them now? Should i get in touch with CIC for that?
Thanks in advance.

Rohan88g

Star Member
May 22, 2020
@legalfalcon - Hope your doing good amidst the COVID. Today I spoke to the ircc agent and they said that the my application has been finalized but they cannot share the final decision on phone. The last update by my primary officer is that all criterion met and verifications have been complete. Medicals, background check and eligibility is passed and completed and the officer has copied the local vo. I have a feeling that my application approved on notes but not finally and that is why they cannot share. Do you think that is correct ?

I would like to understand what is the role of the local vo and are they the ones that will finally approve my application ? Why are the agents refusing to tell me what the final decision is of the application has been finalized ? Please share your views.

I am confused as to who approves the application. There are folks who have been finally approved since aug last year. Does this mean their application was transferred to local vo last year itself ?

Last edited:
Reactions: Rnch

cr3490

Mar 10, 2021
Hi congratulations, how did you send letter to visa officer? I mean how you could upload the letter to webform but in a way that your vida officer read that
I just uploaded the letter using webform, and in the webform text I said to please look at the attached letter. The response I got for that webform said: "We verified the information you provided and have forwarded it to the responsible office." Whereas all my previous webform requests received a generic response about delays due to covid...

Reactions: quilleroarg

Melikaaaaaaaa

Star Member
Mar 22, 2021
I just uploaded the letter using webform, and in the webform text I said to please look at the attached letter. The response I got for that webform said: "We verified the information you provided and have forwarded it to the responsible office." Whereas all my previous webform requests received a generic response about delays due to covid...
Ohhh thanks for letting me know, because I also raised a webform and they said

We are pleased to advise you that we have forwarded your enquiry to the responsible office.

Please rest assured that you will be notified as soon as your case is analyzed or if additional information is required.

So I hope they actually do something :)

EstherNnnanna

Star Member
Jan 5, 2020
Hi everyone,

Please I have a question with regards to informing IRCC about change in marital status/ adding a spouse to a PR application. When raising the webform to tell them about the marriage, should I just let them know about the marriage alone? or in addition to the marriage notification, would I have to also tell them that I intend to add my spouse to the application? I’m guessing what I tell them would determine the kind of additional documents they ask me to provide right?
I ask because I just saw on a different forum that someone was found ineligible for PR after he informed IRCC about adding his spouse to his application. (Note that his application was submitted about six months before his wedding). He was however given the option of either removing his spouse as an accompanying dependent or withdrawing his application.
I’ve never heard of that before because I know scores are usually not recalculated based on adding a spouse after submitting the application.

Please advice.

Thank you

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon - Hope your doing good amidst the COVID. Today I spoke to the ircc agent and they said that the my application has been finalized but they cannot share the final decision on phone. The last update by my primary officer is that all criterion met and verifications have been complete. Medicals, background check and eligibility is passed and completed and the officer has copied the local vo. I have a feeling that my application approved on notes but not finally and that is why they cannot share. Do you think that is correct ?

I would like to understand what is the role of the local vo and are they the ones that will finally approve my application ? Why are the agents refusing to tell me what the final decision is of the application has been finalized ? Please share your views.

I am confused as to who approves the application. There are folks who have been finally approved since aug last year. Does this mean their application was transferred to local vo last year itself ?

An application goes though many stages. After all stages are passed, a visa officer will do a final review and ensure that all documents are valid and not expired and all checks have been done, after which the application will be marked as approved and the decision will be sent along with the instructions to process the visa / COPR.

Unless a final decision is communication by IRCC, the call centre agents cannot give it over the phone since the decision unless formally communicated is not a decision and not binding.

The LVO after it gets the file and the instructions to process the COPR, will send a final decision to the applicant and will be responsible for issuing the PR visa and if it you are inland, then the COPR by confirming that you are physically in Canada either by asking you to sue the PR confirmation portal or by getting the information by email.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

Answered on another thread.

dolphin99

Apr 19, 2021
Hi everyone

Been a silent reader here since like ever, literally. Always wanted to post this. AoR March 2020. Finally got approved- they called. If you already have the medical extension approved, most likely you would have your PR approval within 6 weeks ( was 4 for me ). Hope you all in this group get your approval soon.

immicow

Jan 9, 2020
Hi everyone

Been a silent reader here since like ever, literally. Always wanted to post this. AoR March 2020. Finally got approved- they called. If you already have the medical extension approved, most likely you would have your PR approval within 6 weeks ( was 4 for me ). Hope you all in this group get your approval soon.
Are you a Inland applicant? Can you post timeline when each stage was approved?

Rohan88g

Star Member
May 22, 2020
An application goes though many stages. After all stages are passed, a visa officer will do a final review and ensure that all documents are valid and not expired and all checks have been done, after which the application will be marked as approved and the decision will be sent along with the instructions to process the visa / COPR.

Unless a final decision is communication by IRCC, the call centre agents cannot give it over the phone since the decision unless formally communicated is not a decision and not binding.

The LVO after it gets the file and the instructions to process the COPR, will send a final decision to the applicant and will be responsible for issuing the PR visa and if it you are inland, then the COPR by confirming that you are physically in Canada either by asking you to sue the PR confirmation portal or by getting the information by email.
Thanks a lot for your reply @legalfalcon ..From what I understand, a decision is different from a final decision. And call Center folks cannot share the decision unless it’s the final decision. Is that correct ?

It’s the local visa officer which will communicate the final decision to me . Right ?

Does the local vo do any kind of checks on the application before issuing a final decision ?

immicow

Jan 9, 2020
Can ordering GCMS notes delay the application by moving the file around? I am planning to get another GCMS done.

If my file is moved to Local Visa office (New Delhi). IRCC Call center doesn't disclose current status is it?

Last edited: