+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***>>> March 2020 AOR <<<***

habibi123

Star Member
Nov 22, 2020
Hi all. My EE FSW (AoR Mar 18) has passed all stages, except for Security. I am currently in the US, and it seems like IRCC are not touching our applications again until the US-Canada border opens up. Does someone have any insights or guess on when the border ban is lifted, or if IRCC want to do something earlier than that? Any info is really helpful, since I am feeling quite frustrated and lost at this point :( :( :(

dbhatia27

Apr 5, 2020
Hi all. My EE FSW (AoR Mar 18) has passed all stages, except for Security. I am currently in the US, and it seems like IRCC are not touching our applications again until the US-Canada border opens up. Does someone have any insights or guess on when the border ban is lifted, or if IRCC want to do something earlier than that? Any info is really helpful, since I am feeling quite frustrated and lost at this point :( :( :(
IRCC is not touching FSW files at all, be it inland or outland.

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Hi @legalfalcon what do they mean by background check not started security check not started, criminality and eligibility passed. what stages are left????
according to the link provided by u about EE application processing there is no mention about background check. plz reply
To understand all the stages involved in the process see https://bit.ly/37nCTJD

Rajsree84

Apr 25, 2020
We are in Toronto. Im not sure if locations matter. My friend got PR 5 weeks after the medical exam is extended. maybe medical re-approved is a good sign..
How to find whether medical got extended or not? Mine got expired on march 24 ,2021..not sure whether extended.when I call IRcc they are simply saying if we need anything we will contact you..and there is no details regarding that in application too.: (

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
How to find whether medical got extended or not? Mine got expired on march 24 ,2021..not sure whether extended.when I call IRcc they are simply saying if we need anything we will contact you..and there is no details regarding that in application too.: (
Expiry, re-meds and extensions - If the medical results are about to expire then you may be asked for a re-medical examination, if required. If a re-med is not required then the medicals will be extended. This is how the process works - when the validity period of medical results expire or are about to expire an IRCC officer will send it for reassessment and the regional medical officer (RMO) at the IRCC Health Branch (HB) will make the determination. Based on this reassessment by the RMO the GCMS file is updated as extended or the applicant is informed to get the medical examination done again. At this time the process for reassessment is not automatic and has to be manually undertaken. Due to the manual nature of this process there can be delays in sending the file for reassessment; updating GCMS with the extension status or informing the applicant (tip - use the web-form and inquire about the status or request your GCMS file). As an applicant you can also get another medical examination done on your own accord, in which case submit the upfront sheet to IRCC via the web-form. Other things to keep in mind - if IRCC grants an extension then it will be for no more than 6 months; a re-med on other hand is valid for 1 year. Also, if you see a message on myCIC "you do not need medical exam" then it quite likely means that your medical results have been sent for reassessment.

Medicals are valid from the date as shown in the GCMS notes and that is the date when medicals were assessed by a Medical officer.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon what do they mean by background check not started security check not started, criminality and eligibility passed. what stages are left????
according to the link provided by u about EE application processing there is no mention about background check. plz reply
BGC = Criminality + Security

Criminality starts with R10 and then your biometrics are assessed which too are a part of criminality. See https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/corporate-initiatives/biometrics/process-steps-2018.html

Security usually is initiated after eligibility is passed. As regards eligibility, see my previous post at #4,004

To read on security see https://bit.ly/3apWglN

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon

Thanks for responding on this.
But this has added more to my questions.

1. So one need to be on same employer roles, even with BOWP, till you get PR... But one can now work on 2nd job as well? Right

2. There is difference between having job offer for one year, Vs continuing with the Job. This is a grey area. Trying to be as detailed as possible.
Crux: can have job offer extended from same employee, but not continuing once on BOWP.

Weired. Yes

3. Or search a new LMIA job offer to save 50 points

Thanks.
1. See the conditions of your WP.

2. If you change your employer, why would that employer write that you will be employed for at least 1 year or more. Also, when the employment is terminated, your offer letter is invalidated.

Gdeep3124

Oct 13, 2016
@legalfalcon Hi Manmeet,we have a valid CoPR for whole family and I am principal applicant. My brother-in-law is on work permit in Canada. Am I eligible for AL as a extended family category?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon Hi Manmeet,we have a valid CoPR for whole family and I am principal applicant. My brother-in-law is on work permit in Canada. Am I eligible for AL as a extended family category?
No, you are not, but your spouse, who is the sibling is, and only your spouse can request AL.

Though in the request you can request it for your family, but it is discretionary .

IRCCExpress

Star Member
Jan 31, 2020
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
03-03-2020
Med's Done....
10-03-2020
did you received any email or you just logged into your account and checked it?
I had to login to check. Initially I thought that is another Ghost Update.